gcreptile

11. Mel Brooks

The thread for the jewish-American comedian, producer and actor Mel Brooks.

He turns 90 in June. He won pretty much everything there is to win in show business. There are no bad news about his health, but he must surely be a future candidate for the Death List. His wife Anne Bancroft died 10 years ago, and here he is in a 2015 Independent article looking really old:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/theatre-dance/mel-brooks-the-comic-genius-and-risk-taking-director-on-how-retirement-is-not-an-option-and-faking-a6759956.html

He most recently recorded a political robocall for his great nephew running for office in New York state:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/mel-brooks-robocall-great-nephew-state-senate-race-article-1.2597166

• Like 1

Thank you for not making this a poll of "who will go first, Brooks or Carl Reiner?"

Brooks will die the moment he stops working, but that thankfully seems to be a good number of years away.

• Like 3

I'm sure there is a Mel Brookes thread. Have you checked?

I'm sure there is a Mel Brookes thread. Have you checked?

Yes, I didn't find it, if it exists. But there IS a Carl Reiner thread.

I wonder if he'll outlive Gene W1lder. (Creative spelling intentional)

Mel Brooks is a German Jew and Jews usually live more than 90 years so I think he will reach 98-99. On the other hand Gene Wilder is a Russian Jew and Russian Jews live more than German Jews so Brooks won't outlive Wilder.

Ranked #5 on the Italian version, ahead of Bhumibol and the supergeezers, so there must be something suspicious about his health that the Italians know about but we don't:

http://dpseggi.altervista.org/DeathList/X2016.html

I'm Italian and I did not even know the existence of Italian Deathlist!

Blazing saddles is racist movie, on this basis I wish, Mel Brooks to die. If he has a farm, I will grab it.

• Like 1

Mel Brooks is a German Jew and Jews usually live more than 90 years so I think he will reach 98-99. On the other hand Gene Wilder is a Russian Jew and Russian Jews live more than German Jews so Brooks won't outlive Wilder.

Yeah and they usually have big noses, walk around saying Oi Vey to everybody and hide the millions they stole off the vunerable under their beds....

Fucking hell......

• Like 6

Yeah and they usually have big noses, walk around saying Oi Vey to everybody and hide the millions they stole off the vunerable under their beds....

Fucking hell......

Beats me where they get the time to produce all those Hollywood movies!

• Like 1

Ranked #5 on the Italian version, ahead of Bhumibol and the supergeezers, so there must be something suspicious about his health that the Italians know about but we don't:

I'm italian too... and i know about that list ;)

Fucking hell......

Beats me where they get the time to produce all those Hollywood movies!

Time? They are too tight to give you any!!

Fucking hell......

Kirk is Jew, Zsa Zsa is Jew, Herman Wouk is Jew, Stan Lee is Jew... Jews tend to become really old because of genetic factors (not all but many). You see racism and stereotypes even where they are not, mr. Nelson.

fucking hell...

I'm italian too... and i know about that list ;)

Where are you from? I mean, North Italy or South Italy?

I did not expect this thread to become some sort of Jewlapalooza.

200.gif

Too bad that his later films are much worse than his earlier ones. I still watch regularly The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, and Spaceballs... and Robin Hood - Men in Tights, which is definitely not one of his best, but I like it.

I was wrong and I have to admit this theory about all Jews being immortal is a load of bullshit. But Sephardi Jews are really coriaceous! Jacque Fresco. Angel Wagenstein, Lawrence Ferlinghetti...

So it's up to Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner, Don Rickles, Jerry Lewis and Neil Simon. I wonder if at least one of them will go this year.

Only Carl left now!

I was wrong and I have to admit this theory about all Jews being immortal is a load of bullshit. But Sephardi Jews are really coriaceous! Jacque Fresco. Angel Wagenstein, Lawrence Ferlinghetti...

You might want to have another think about the context of that adjective.

• Like 2