Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

How Old Are Dl Users?

How old are you?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our 8 childish votes for 80+ years of age can be moved to the 10-19 range for statistical purposes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

Baby.

Steve Miller Band, Tarrant County Convention Center, 1978.

Did they have spittoons on hand CA?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Our 8 childish votes for 80+ years of age can be moved to the 10-19 range for statistical purposes.

Mugabe is in his 90s though. You’re gonna move him to the young age as well? 

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Mugabe is in his 90s though. You’re gonna move him to the young age as well? 

"Why are you being so racist ageist?"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Toast said:

I genuinely can't remember what the first gig I attended was.  (Note - this is slightly different from not remembering the first gig!)

It would probably have been something at Oxford Town Hall c1971 or 1972.  Possibly Genesis.

AC/DC Hammersmith 'Back in black tour' for me. Real hit on the senses for a 14 year old.

I can't remember what my first gig was, possibly because I was at this one (Michael Schenker Group) and don't remember any others:

At a Sheffield Polytechnic warm-up for 1982’s Reading Festival, the singer imploded. An inebriated Bonnet took great delight in hauling roadie Steve Casey from behind the speakers, waving his penis at the crowd and exiting both stage and group. “I made a complete fool of myself, had too much fun in the afternoon then an argument with Michael and don’t remember much of the experience,” admits Bonnet, who’d been drinking on top of prescribed medicine. “There’s a tape of the show… I hate to think what it sounds like. It’s something that I’ve never lived down.

First Doctor Episode: Pertwee falling out of the Tardis.

First Film: The Aristocats.

First Gig: Bronski Beat at the (now burned out) Victorias on Sauchiehall Street.

First Celeb Crush: See avatar. (I still would).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

First Gig: Bronski Beat at the (now burned out) Victorias on Sauchiehall Street.

The first goods delivery I made in Glasgow was rooflights to McLellan Galleries in Sauchiehall Street. I arrived in Glasgow in the evening and spent the night drinking in the Waterloo on Argyle Street before making the delivery the following morning; happy days.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Toast said:

I genuinely can't remember what the first gig I attended was.  (Note - this is slightly different from not remembering the first gig!)

It would probably have been something at Oxford Town Hall c1971 or 1972.  Possibly Genesis.

Mine was Genesis at Wembley in 1997.

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

DW: Revenge of the Cybermen

Film: Mary Poppins

Gig: Genesis (Invisible Tour)

Celeb crush: Josette Simon

• Like 1

Siouxsie and the Banshees, Colston Hall Bristol, 16th September 1988

• Like 2

12 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

First Doctor episode: vaguest memories of Fenric. Which had to be turned off as it was "upsetting the wean". Many years later, I had to do the same for World Enough and Time. Life, it's cyclical, you know!

First film - at the cinema? I think this was also The Aristocats, on one of its many Muirend Cinema (much missed) repeats. Wasn't there a Honey I Shrunk the Kids film around the late 80s? That's another contender.

First gig: Some no name Glasgow band in that place down Renfield Lane. I don't do gigs, being antisocial. I did once have tickets for Nerina Pallot but wound up in hospital instead, a life lesson learned there. :D

• Like 2

I have a vague memory of seeing The Village People film Can’t Stop The Music with my mum and sister so would have been 1980 and wish I could confirm if it’s real or I’m making it up. 

First film I saw in the cinema was Summer Holiday.

• Like 1

First film I'm sure was the sons of Katie Elder

very vague memory of the first dr who programme (but might be making that up)

concert? Not too sure. Might have been Billy Connolly at the Apollo,  Glasgow, not too sure about music concert. 

Ozric Tentacles - at a wedding reception! - in a field somewhere in mid-Devon, 1990ish.  

• Like 2

Dr Who I’ve only watched a handful of episodes, not my thing I guess :tomatododge:

First film: I can recall seeing the original Jungle Book with me mum so 1969-ish?

First concert was if we are literal about it Johnny and June Carter Cash.  I was like 4 and I have no idea why I attended with my dumb parents, no babysitter would have me :P

As a teen I saw Wild Cherry open for the Average White Band, so I have to suffer a life of admitting that, usually to a psychiatrist.  My next concert was The Cars opening for Ted Nugent so I redeemed myself rather quickly. 

First celeb crush....I really haven’t any idea.  Any girl who hit the screen who had spunk, looked ok, and was my age I suppose.  

SC

20 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

First celeb crush....I really haven’t any idea.  Any girl who hit the screen who had spunk, looked ok, and was my age I suppose.  

I read that wrong at first.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Ozric Tentacles - at a wedding reception! - in a field somewhere in mid-Devon, 1990ish.  

Jarvis Cocker, is that you?

And you want to call your mother
And say "mother, I can never come home again
'Cause I seem to have left an important part of my brain somewhere
Somewhere in a field in Hampshire, all right":D

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Jarvis Cocker, is that you?

And you want to call your mother
And say "mother, I can never come home again
'Cause I seem to have left an important part of my brain somewhere
Somewhere in a field in Hampshire, all right":D

No, I was still a paragon of virtue in those days :lol:

Most of the rest of the 90s are still a bit of a blur though, peaking with a six day techno festival in Portugal, where Mrs DDT and I went without any sleep at all and then drove back across the Pyrenees with the handbrake on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First Doctor Who episode: Vague memories of Full Circle, I remember Romana becoming evil and getting some sort of streaks on her cheeks.

First film  at the cinema? Tarka the Otter/Herbie Goes Bananas double bill at a cinema in Childwall which has since been pulled down.

First gig: First comedy gig was Jeremy Hardy at the Citadal in St Helens in I think 1994. No idea on the music front. I do remember I turned down seeing Take That for free when they played the St Helens show around 1990 because my friend said they were a Barry Manilow tribute band. 

First Celeb crush - Michael Praed as Robin of Sherwood. 

• Like 3

I can't do first Dr Who as it is only a remembrance of landrovers and the English major.

Lost interest right fucking there..... Mon the daleks.

First Old Grey Whistle Test memory.

Don't know which first, but Freebird or Walking on Hot Coals.

DW: Rose

First flim: Toy story

First gig: I saw Jeff Dunham live shortly before I joined here

First celeb crush: i am pretty Brittany Spears in toxic gave me a boner when i was 4

First time: I lost my virginity when I was 15 in the summer of 2016

13 minutes ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

First time: I lost my virginity when I was 15 in the summer of 2016

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

• Like 1
  • Haha 3