Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

Delayed Death Reaction

Anything on the BBC that involves numbers or their interpretation can not be trusted. There is always a stronger force pushing banality towards us, giving us a constant dumbing down of the situation. Perhaps the popularity lists may well be working however and say one or two reads have promoted a story onto the list, the rest of them are there from three reads, the writer, the editor and the journalist on the desk next to the writer. Have you noticed with the Sky and BBC news notifications how one follows the other with a delay of about a minute with very little difference in the message. Surely some connection.

You've made eight posts in six years, two of which were about your hatred of BBC organizational politics. Are you Noel Edmonds?

And with such little effort you made Spade take time to look that up (had to read EVERY one of your posts to do so!). In my book, Charlotte just won the 'Bee-in-Bonnet' award.

SC

Its Charlottes 'Controller' which suggests that the poster is, maybe, a 52 year old unemployed alcoholic ( sacked by the BBC ) whos wife/partner Charlotte is subject to house arrest, no friends allowed, no phone and has been forced to cut off contact with her worried family.

Or summat.

Though that surprisingly describes me to a tee.... I have to deny..... I have to......

Oh fuck it. It's me.

SC

So I was wondering if the Bee in a Bonnet award came with a certificate I have space on my wall by my desk , my HR department is impressed by certificates (handing out sweets and grey blindness). Perhaps it could be a monthly award like we used to have at one of my previous jobs, "Comment of the month". Such gems as "Some fxxxxxg Sherlock Holmes you turned out to be" and "That is why murder is a crime" came from this. Also from the idiot of the month until it was won outright, "These envelopes taste funny and don't stick well!" the self seal ones often don't .

Errol Brown of Hot Chocolate has died again judging by posts on Facebook today

The current lead singer with Hot Chocolate looks a lot like him, so a lot of people still don't realise he's dead.

No, that's me... on the left.

01_06010558_670881_2439814a.jpg

Dear God, that looks like Jimmy Savile!

Never mind the delayed death reaction, been seeing quite a few posts on facebook wishing Prince Harry a happy birthday (even though his birthday isn't until September).

The current lead singer with Hot Chocolate looks a lot like him, so a lot of people still don't realise he's dead.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??????

They replaced Errol Brown??

FFS!!!! Errol Brown WAS Hot Chocolate.

Lads, its over, find something else to do.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??????

They replaced Errol Brown??

FFS!!!! Errol Brown WAS Hot Chocolate.

Lads, its over, find something else to do.

Indeed, Errol Brown was the whole reason anyone would go to see Hot Chocolate. I think anyone would be hard pushed to name any of the other members of the band.

Errol Brown never rejoined Hot Chocolate when they reformed in the early 1990s.

HC were on at the Rewind Festival last year and I was quite amused to overhear some women saying "He's still looking good". Oops.

This is Kennie Simon, the current lead singer.

6789106_orig.jpg

http://www.hot-chocolate.co.uk/kennie-simon.html

Errol Brown never rejoined Hot Chocolate when they reformed in the early 1990s.

HC were on at the Rewind Festival last year and I was quite amused to overhear some women saying "He's still looking good". Oops.

This is Kennie Simon, the current lead singer.

6789106_orig.jpg

http://www.hot-chocolate.co.uk/kennie-simon.html

Spooky.

He looks like him for sure.

Mind you, how many hits did they have after they reformed in the 90s, post Brown?

'Bugger all' the right answer?

• Like 1

I dunno, I was never a fan. I just looked them up when I saw them on the Rewind line-up, to see if they were a "Trigger's Broom" band, but there are still some members who were in the band in the 70s/80s.

• Like 1

Errol Brown was touring with a his own backing group but always on the bill as Errol Brown (from Hot Chocolate). I saw him on the same bill as Kevin Rowland back in the mid 90s.

Errol Brown was touring with a his own backing group but always on the bill as Errol Brown (from Hot Chocolate). I saw him on the same bill as Kevin Rowland back in the mid 90s.

Now I saw a docu about Rowland/Dexys some time back, not that long actually.

I dont know if it was on The South Bank Show or Sky Arts or the like but he and a couple of others were performing a stage show in London.

I don't know where or when it actually was but, hey, the clips they showed were mightily impressive IMHO.

Something I would have liked to have gone to but would have had to go on my own.

Reading that back, its obvious I don't have a fucking clue as to where and when BUT it did happen :D

Something I would have liked to have gone to but would have had to go on my own.

I rarely let that put me off. If I want to go and nobody else does, sod 'em. I missed out on too much when I was younger because of that.

• Like 1

That shouldn't be a deterrent. The show I saw was in Brighton. I had a couple of friends living in Brighton at the time, so I crashed on their couch. Otherwise I would have loitered around for a few hours waiting for the trains to start running.

I make the point these days of going to gigs by myself, and meeting up with people when I get there.

Years ago a friend of mine was going to buy the tickets, I'd meet him outside the gig and give him the money for my ticket. I arrived in good time before the gig started and waited ages for him to turn up.

When he finally did arrive, I had missed both support bands. So now I tell people if you're wanting me to drive you to the gig, I will but just be ready early.

• Like 2

Not in the same vein as the previous posts in this thread, but the New York Times recently published an obit for a former Green Beret turned anti-war activist, Donald W. Duncan, who died 7 years ago.

Here's the story behind it.

• Like 1

Not in the same vein as the previous posts in this thread, but the New York Times recently published an obit for a former Green Beret turned anti-war activist, Donald W. Duncan, who died 7 years ago.

Here's the story behind it.

Now that was well worth reading. An interesting insight into the obituary department.

On 13/05/2016 at 20:33, Toast said:

I dunno, I was never a fan. I just looked them up when I saw them on the Rewind line-up, to see if they were a "Trigger's Broom" band, but there are still some members who were in the band in the 70s/80s.

On this subject, one of the headline acts at this year's Rewind South is the One Four Tops. 

Getting a bit silly now, considering it's supposed to be an 80s event too.  Not going.

10 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Hmmmm.

They foretold tho maybe re Morgan Woodward.

He redid his Walking Boss from Cool Hand Luke in an episode of the Dukes of Hazard with Best.

5a49a2c55af15fab043fdbf9a39eed9f--cool-hand-luke-dukes-of-hazard.jpg.0e9c7c84160dc419e5177e58b72d570e.jpg