Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool

11 hours ago, ImNotHades said:

John McCluskey dead, did I just get another unique?

You do indeed which means any of your remaing uniques will give you the win.

• Like 2

This deadpool has more plot twists than a Hitchcock/Kurosawa joint production!

• Like 1

On 11/06/2017 at 15:08, Bibliogryphon said:

Thanks so this is the watch list

George H W Bush  (ih) 

Edwin Bramhall  (RA)

Bob Dole (msc)

Jimmy Carter (ih)

Walter Mondale (msc)

John B. Anderson  (di/to)

Lyndon LaRouche (di)

Ross Perot (Rover & Out)

Dick Cheney  (msc)

Bob Richards (DI)

John McVie (ra)

Des O' Connor  (ra)

Lynne Cheney  (msc)

Brian Blessed  (ra)

Keith Barron  (ra)

Cliff Richard  (ra)

Tipper Gore (msc)

Honor Blackman  (msc)

David Gooderson  (msc)

Donald Pelmear (msc)

John Sainsbury  (msc)

Bob Barber (ih)

Claire Bloom  (ih)

Katy Manning  (ih)

Robert Lindsay (ih)

Barbara Bush (ih)

Rosalyn Carter (ih)

Barry Gibb (ih)

Updated for msc & ImNotHades being on two uniques.

Unfortunately the biggest loser fro this is @Toast who is now in a tie break again with @Death Impends for John Anderson as @ImNotHades uniques trumps her on Bush & Carter. @msc holds on to Mondale. This could go any way.

• Like 2

I don't mind being a loser   sad_smiley_26.gif

Hoping to be able to play again!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Toast said:

I don't mind being a loser   sad_smiley_26.gif

Hoping to be able to play again!

You are not out of this yet. You are only two hits away from all in one category. This is getting more exciting by the day.

• Like 1

I don't wanna win....I'll have to think 5 categories that can fit anyone and take care of the list......the intention was to choose the least possible people and get 2 hits most....sad_smiley_26.gif 

• Like 1

Best deadpool evah.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, msc said:

This deadpool has more plot twists than a Hitchcock/Kurosawa joint production!

But wait. We haven't seen the M Night Shyamalan plot twist yet. Then it gets good. 

• Like 1

If anyone who wins doesn't want to think of five new categories, then I would be willing to take on the task for them. 

I must be the only one left not being in danger of winning.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I must be the only one left not being in danger of winning.

I love you describe it as "being in danger of winning". This must be one of the few pools even a couple of contestants don't want to win.

If anyone can't be arsed to think of categories, I made some suggestions at the beginning of this thread. In the unlikely event I somehow claw this back they will be used. Although I might be kind and make the Corrie one 1979 rather than 1975. 

1. Participants in the Last 16 or beyond of World Snooker Championship since they moved to the Sheffield Crucible in 1977
  2. Regular characters on Coronation Street for a duration of more than 3 years successive between December 1960 and 31st December 1975
  3. Artists who have played Friday night headline sets at either T in the Park or Download on any stage.
  4. Direct descendants of Queen Victoria who do not hold a royal title.
  5. Football Players who played in the 1954 FIFA world cup knockout stages for any nation (Interestingly the final was played at the Wankdorf Stadium).

36 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

But wait. We haven't seen the M Night Shyamalan plot twist yet. Then it gets good. 

That would be time winning the day before George Bush dies

Can someone post a full scoreboard, like the ones before people started getting within one hit distance of victory?

• Like 1

This is brilliant! I never want this deadpool to end!

Oh and Switch...

On 21/07/2017 at 16:48, Switch said:

Can someone post a full scoreboard, like the ones before people started getting within one hit distance of victory?

Ask and ye shall receive. Think I've got this right...

(Arranged according to closest to winning, and then by most 'outs' in getting that win)

Msc - 1/2/0/2/1 – 6 hits (1 away - 1 unique from Honor Blackman, David Gooderson, Donald Pelmear, Antony Webb, John Sainsbury, Lynne Cheney and Tipper Gore OR 1 from US presidential elections – Dick Cheney, Bob Dole and Walter Mondale)

I'm Not Hades - 1/1/0/1/1 – 4 hits (1 away - 1 unique from Claire Bloom, Katy Manning, Earl of Crawford, Bob Barber and Barry Gibb OR 1 from US presidential elections - Barbara Bush, George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Carter and Rosalynn Carter)

Rotten Ali - 1/2/0/2/0 – 5 hits (1 away - 1 unique from Keith Barron, Brian Blessed, Edwin Bramall, John McVie, Des O'Connor and Cliff Richard)

Death Impends - 1/1/0/2/3 – 7 hits (1 away - 1 from US presidential elections – John B. Anderson, Lyndon LaRouche and Bob Richards)

Toast - 2/1/0/1/3 – 7 hits (1 away - 1 from US presidential elections - John B. Anderson?)

Rover and Out - 1/1/0/3/1 – 6 hits (1 away - 1 from US presidential elections - Ross Perot) 1 chance

Rockhopper Penguin - 0/1/0/1/0 – 2 hits (2 away - 2 uniques from John Cleese, Nerys Hughes, Catherine Schell,Peter Wyngarde, Shirley Williams, Pat Choate, Ian Botham, Petula Clark, Eden Kane, John Layton and Mike Sarne) 

Deathray - 0/1/0/2/1 – 4 hits (2 away - 2 uniques from Bernard Cribbins, Derek Jacobi, Peter Purvis, Baroness Trumpington, Ralph Nader, Barack Obama, Willie Mae Reid, James Taylor, Shane Warne and Keith Richards OR 1 needed from each of Doctor Who and US presidential elections)

Captain Chorizo - 1/0/0/0/1 – 2 hits (2 away - 2 uniques from Colin Baker, John Moreno, William Lloyd George, Bo Gritz, Mary Alice Herbert, Ronald Draper and Ricky Valance)

Switch - 0/1/0/1/2 – 4 hits (2 away - 2 uniques from Sonny Caldinez, Ysanne Churchman, Hugh Futcher, David Trefgarne and Ed Clark OR 1 needed from each of Doctor Who and US presidential elections)

GC Reptile - 1/1/0/0/2 – 4 hits (2 away - 1 needed from each of US presidential elections and Test cricketers)

YoungWillz - 0/1/0/1/0 – 2 hits (3 away - 3 uniques from Prentis Hancock, Leslie Schofield, Gabriel Woolf, Colin Sharman, Dennis Amiss, Jimmy Binks, Fred Rumsey, Kiki Dee, Smokey Robinson and Bill Wyman OR 1 needed from each of Doctor Who, US presidential elections and #1 Hit Singles)

Rad Guy - 0/0/0/1/1 – 2 hits (3 away - 1 needed from each of Doctor Who, House of Lords and US presidential elections)

Handrejka - 0/0/0/0/0 – 0 hits (3 away - 3 uniques from June Brown, Bella Emberg, Betty Boothroyd, Donald Nicholls, Randolph Quirk, Graham Dowling, Waqar Hassan, Dick Richardson, Ian Sinclair, Marcia Barrett, Dave Davies, Windsor Davies and Judith Durham)

Time - 0/0/0/0/0 – 0 hits (3 away - 3 uniques from Tony Caunter, Frazer Hines, Lydia Dunn, Marcia Williams, Nari Contractor, Imran Khan, Peter Pollock and Tommy Steele)

My rudimentary understanding is that due to superiority Dick Cheney, Bob Dole and Walter Mondale give Msc the win based on unique hits, the same applies to I'm Not Hades for George H.W. Bush and Jimmy Carter, Death Impends holds on to Lyndon LaRouche because he has had most hits and originally there was a tie break situation between Toast and DI over Bush Sr. or Anderson. Bush Sr. has now been taken by I'm Not Hades so I'm not sure how the tie break works? If Anderson dies does Death Impends win because he originally picked him in the tie break? And if so, how can Toast win with 1 hit or can she not? Further down, those that are two away must bear in mind that hits in the US category will probably lead to a win for someone else before they get you in the game but I reckon there's plenty of names that could get another 5 or 6 players in with a shout of winning without a winner being crowned potentially.

Do point out my mistakes, this game is frazzling my head - Lord help you Biblio, what have you unleashed on the world?!

• Like 6

Apparently I can also win if both David Cassidy and Vera Lynn die before any of the single hits.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

This is brilliant! I never want this deadpool to end!

Oh and Switch...

Ask and ye shall receive. Think I've got this right...

(Arranged according to closest to winning, and then by most 'outs' in getting that win)

Msc - 1/2/0/2/1 – 6 hits (1 away - 1 unique from Honor Blackman, David Gooderson, Donald Pelmear, Antony Webb, John Sainsbury, Lynne Cheney and Tipper Gore OR 1 from US presidential elections – Dick Cheney, Bob Dole and Walter Mondale)

I'm Not Hades - 1/1/0/1/1 – 4 hits (1 away - 1 unique from Claire Bloom, Katy Manning, Earl of Crawford, Bob Barber and Barry Gibb OR 1 from US presidential elections - Barbara Bush, George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Carter and Rosalynn Carter)

Rotten Ali - 1/2/0/2/0 – 5 hits (1 away - 1 unique from Keith Barron, Brian Blessed, Edwin Bramall, John McVie, Des O'Connor and Cliff Richard)

Death Impends - 1/1/0/2/3 – 7 hits (1 away - 1 from US presidential elections – John B. Anderson, Lyndon LaRouche and Bob Richards)

Toast - 2/1/0/1/3 – 7 hits (1 away - 1 from US presidential elections - John B. Anderson?)

Rover and Out - 1/1/0/3/1 – 6 hits (1 away - 1 from US presidential elections - Ross Perot) 1 chance

Rockhopper Penguin - 0/1/0/1/0 – 2 hits (2 away - 2 uniques from John Cleese, Nerys Hughes, Catherine Schell,Peter Wyngarde, Shirley Williams, Pat Choate, Ian Botham, Petula Clark, Eden Kane, John Layton and Mike Sarne) 

Deathray - 0/1/0/2/1 – 4 hits (2 away - 2 uniques from Bernard Cribbins, Derek Jacobi, Peter Purvis, Baroness Trumpington, Ralph Nader, Barack Obama, Willie Mae Reid, James Taylor, Shane Warne and Keith Richards OR 1 needed from each of Doctor Who and US presidential elections)

Captain Chorizo - 1/0/0/0/1 – 2 hits (2 away - 2 uniques from Colin Baker, John Moreno, William Lloyd George, Bo Gritz, Mary Alice Herbert, Ronald Draper and Ricky Valance)

Switch - 0/1/0/1/2 – 4 hits (2 away - 2 uniques from Sonny Caldinez, Ysanne Churchman, Hugh Futcher, David Trefgarne and Ed Clark OR 1 needed from each of Doctor Who and US presidential elections)

GC Reptile - 1/1/0/0/2 – 4 hits (2 away - 1 needed from each of US presidential elections and Test cricketers)

YoungWillz - 0/1/0/1/0 – 2 hits (3 away - 3 uniques from Prentis Hancock, Leslie Schofield, Gabriel Woolf, Colin Sharman, Dennis Amiss, Jimmy Binks, Fred Rumsey, Kiki Dee, Smokey Robinson and Bill Wyman OR 1 needed from each of Doctor Who, US presidential elections and #1 Hit Singles)

Rad Guy - 0/0/0/1/1 – 2 hits (3 away - 1 needed from each of Doctor Who, House of Lords and US presidential elections)

Handrejka - 0/0/0/0/0 – 0 hits (3 away - 3 uniques from June Brown, Bella Emberg, Betty Boothroyd, Donald Nicholls, Randolph Quirk, Graham Dowling, Waqar Hassan, Dick Richardson, Ian Sinclair, Marcia Barrett, Dave Davies, Windsor Davies and Judith Durham)

Time - 0/0/0/0/0 – 0 hits (3 away - 3 uniques from Tony Caunter, Frazer Hines, Lydia Dunn, Marcia Williams, Nari Contractor, Imran Khan, Peter Pollock and Tommy Steele)

My rudimentary understanding is that due to superiority Dick Cheney, Bob Dole and Walter Mondale give Msc the win based on unique hits, the same applies to I'm Not Hades for George H.W. Bush and Jimmy Carter, Death Impends holds on to Lyndon LaRouche because he has had most hits and originally there was a tie break situation between Toast and DI over Bush Sr. or Anderson. Bush Sr. has now been taken by I'm Not Hades so I'm not sure how the tie break works? If Anderson dies does Death Impends win because he originally picked him in the tie break? And if so, how can Toast win with 1 hit or can she not? Further down, those that are two away must bear in mind that hits in the US category will probably lead to a win for someone else before they get you in the game but I reckon there's plenty of names that could get another 5 or 6 players in with a shout of winning without a winner being crowned potentially.

Do point out my mistakes, this game is frazzling my head - Lord help you Biblio, what have you unleashed on the world?!

Thanks for doing that Rover your dilligence is awesome and if you were to win I am sure you would have no end of fun. The Bush/Anderson tie break only existed until something else changed. At the moment if John B Anderson died we would have joint winners and the new game runner would be decided by a coin toss or a concession.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The Bush/Anderson tie break only existed until something else changed. At the moment if John B Anderson died we would have joint winners and the new game runner would be decided by a coin toss or a concession.

So basically the SHDP finally ran out of tie breakers! Unless someone else dies for Toast or Death Impends first...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toast said:

Apparently I can also win if both David Cassidy and Vera Lynn die before any of the single hits.

I fear Toast we could be here all day if we list all the combinations that could win it for anyone. Hell, even Time and Handy have enough feasible uniques to sneak this yet... *gulp*

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

So basically the SHDP finally ran out of tie breakers! Unless someone else dies for Toast or Death Impends first...

There are so many possibilities that it really does seem best to cross that bridge when it confronts us, and not before.

• Like 1

So the game could be about to finish, or still have a year to go, and as many as 6 people are currently joint favourites but everyone is still in it.

Biblio, I think you might have created the best original deadpool in years, tbh.

• Like 3

This is a tense finish beyond what I had hoped for. I do hope the winner will leap in the air and yell HEARSE when they get that final obit.

• Like 1

I am hoping to get a winner before the Autumn when everyone will begin to get distracted by "who should be on the 2018 list" sort of discussion. 

If Bush dies I'll kill him again....I don't have time right now for a win, 2nd place is good enough :D If I win, can I split it with the sliver medal somehow? You know, so I don't do anything just hold the trophy and maybe give 2 out of 5 ideas? :D Just a thought. Don't get me wrong, I want to win, but I am too lazy to do what Rover did up there....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImNotHades said:

If Bush dies I'll kill him again....I don't have time right now for a win, 2nd place is good enough :D If I win, can I split it with the sliver medal somehow? You know, so I don't do anything just hold the trophy and maybe give 2 out of 5 ideas? :D Just a thought. Don't get me wrong, I want to win, but I am too lazy to do what Rover did up there....

Hell. I am too lazy to do what Rover did up there. There is a flurry of activity in getting the masterlists set up and verifying the entries and then you sit back and wait for @YoungWillz to tell you when picks have died and then just update the master scoreboard. Sometimes months go by without anything happening.

• Like 5