Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool

I now have six fully verified teams which have been PM'd to be.

The point about PMing me is that you will be able to keep your really good picks to yourself right up until the game goes live. (MK)

I must say the standard has been high and I have only had to reject one pick.

Waiting for the last minute rush

Does that mean all my picks are accepted?

I'm wanting to have a go but struggling on the Cricket one.

I'm wanting to have a go but struggling on the Cricket one.

That one is a horrid category. I put Deepdak (??) Shodhank up but he died yesterday.

I just used Google. I know fuck all about cricket.

• Like 1

^ Definitely using that, like many of us the cricket category is the biggest struggle for me.

• Like 1

As did I, I'm stilling taking credit.

As did I, I'm stilling taking credit.

I was going to pick your man, to the point of thinking I had, but I swapped him out for another old person with an interesting name.

There was another of the categories I assumed would be a piece of piss for getting obscure answers, only for me to find myself looking over Wiki and muttering "What do you mean, most of them died in the last few years? Those inconsiderate sods!"

• Like 2

Sport is a really poor area for me but I did think that I should have a sports category just for balance.

Nine entries so far. Although someone didn't read the whole question so one of their categories needs a re-write.

I am impressed with the levels of research some of you are doing. I have learnt a lot.

How many duplicate entries have been rejected?

Duplicate entries are not rejected just they are not unique. The reason I need entries PM'd is so that people are not influenced by other people and given an advantage in putting uniques in their teams.

• Like 1

Damn, misunderstood the rules again.

In that case, why did you have to reject a pick?

Damn, misunderstood the rules again.

In that case, why did you have to reject a pick?

Because it does not meet the criteria.

For example someone picked an artist who had not had a number 1 hit single in the UK.

One of the key learning areas has been around the constitution of the House of Lords.

Oh and someone else picked someone who was already dead.

Interestingly, there is now a list here of Lords who have now ceased to be members of the House of Lords by virtue of not attending a sitting during a session lasting six months or longer: http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/lords/non-attending-lords/

Hopefully, nobody has picked any of them for this pool as I believe they would no longer qualify as picks, but up to BiblioG to determine of course.

Interestingly, there is now a list here of Lords who have now ceased to be members of the House of Lords by virtue of not attending a sitting during a session lasting six months or longer: http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/lords/non-attending-lords/

Hopefully, nobody has picked any of them for this pool as I believe they would no longer qualify as picks, but up to BiblioG to determine of course.

Would they not count as 'retired' members of the House of Lords? As for a ruling - not saying I've decided on one yet but I'm researching - do retired Bishops (who sit in the House of Lords) count as retired members?

Would they not count as 'retired' members of the House of Lords? As for a ruling - not saying I've decided on one yet but I'm researching - do retired Bishops (who sit in the House of Lords) count as retired members?

Scratch that, having done some more digging, it seems members of the Lords Spiritual are made life peers upon their retirement from the clergy, but seemingly only Archbishops of Canterbury or York, so I guess the question remains for former Lords Bishops who are no longer peers?

Current or retired, so they should be ok.

Already come up with my five topics for when I inevitably win this:

1. Participants in the Last 16 or beyond of World Snooker Championship since they moved to the Sheffield Crucible in 1977
  2. Regular characters on Coronation Street for a duration of more than 3 years successive between December 1960 and 31st December 1975
  3. Artists who have played Friday night headline sets at either T in the Park or Download on any stage.
  4. Direct descendants of Queen Victoria who do not hold a royal title.
  5. Football Players who played in the 1954 FIFA world cup knockout stages for any nation (Interestingly the final was played at the Wankdorf Stadium).

I tried to send something but I got an error saying Bibliogryphon cannot receive any new messages. I take it your inbox is full?

Wrong thread.