Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Hannah Hauxwell

Hannah Hauxwell. She was made famous in TV programmes about her simple farming life in the Yorkshire Dales. I assumed she'd died years ago, but it appears not. Anyone know her date of birth?

Owld Hannah

I think she was born on August 1st 1926, making her 80 at present. Don't underestimate the life-prolonging benefits of running a large farm alone without electricity or running water. She'll mebbe see 100.

Owld Hannah

I think she was born on August 1st 1926, making her 80 at present. Don't underestimate the life-prolonging benefits of running a large farm alone without electricity or running water. She'll mebbe see 100.

Cheers MPFC, I thought you might know the answer. I thought she was much older than that.

Hannah Hauxwell. She was made famous in TV programmes about her simple farming life in the Yorkshire Dales.

Ooh, now if you think Jane Tomlinson's a fraud, you should hear what's been said (and in the YTV buildings an' all) about Ms Hauxwell. Opinion is decidedly split about that one and make no mistake.

Tell us more VT. My theory is that she's Maddona in disguise.

Anything the wrong side of Taunton is Up North to me.

Can I suggest Hannah Hauxwell? My late father was a fan. I can't quite remember why.

Anything the wrong side of Taunton is Up North to me.

Can I suggest Hannah Hauxwell? My late father was a fan. I can't quite remember why.

She'll definitely get an obit when she's found face down in the snow.

I'd been planning to include Hannah Hauxwell on my list, for no other reason than I had this really vivid dream several months ago that she walked out of her house one night, got lost and froze to death in the snow. Upon further reflection, I've decided to drop her from the squad, but thought I would mention it here, just in case she's in the headlines in the next couple of months having been found encased in ice on a snowy hillside, up in the Dales. :ghost6:

• Like 1

Anyone know if Hannah Hauxwell is still kicking?

She was alive on 16th April 2016.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/homes/the-exclusive-inside-story-on-the-renovation-of-hannah-hauxwell-s-farm-1-7851328

Hannah, now 89, has not seen her beloved farm since retiring to a cottage in a nearby village, preferring to remember the property the way it was.

She was alive on 16th April 2016.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/homes/the-exclusive-inside-story-on-the-renovation-of-hannah-hauxwell-s-farm-1-7851328

Hannah, now 89, has not seen her beloved farm since retiring to a cottage in a nearby village, preferring to remember the property the way it was.

Awesome. I was researching it for Hares Death Pool a few months ago and couldn't find any info on her from very recently. Remembered it while reading this, should've googled first. Even reports on forums she'd already died. Good to know she's still around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Good thing Deathray is gone for two weeks, his heart would be broken.

Can we lift the ban temporarily ;) ??

• Haha 1

Local BBC Obit so far...guess we'll have to wait for the "broadsheets"....

16 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Local BBC Obit so far...guess we'll have to wait for the "broadsheets"....

I apologise for sounding like a broken record here, and I'm really not having a go at anyone (especially not the DDP organisers), but two ITV obits and a BBC one not being Qualifying obits makes the DDP more of a mockery than any B-team or dodgy pick, imo of course. I didn't get the push to get the local pages removed in 2015, it didn't remove the dodgy picks, they will always move to AN Other QO because journalists love playing at deadpools. It zapped a bunch of the fascinating Other Lives types instead.

• Like 8

And the one that actually got affected was the one who did more than dying in their last days...

• Confused 1

I salute her indefatigability

cena.gif