Sean

Tony Booth

Chainsmoking heavy drinking actor and womanizer Tony Booth is now 84 and in terrible shape.He was diagnosed with Alzheimer`s in 2004 suffered a stroke in 2010 and was diagnosed with heart failure and emphysema in 2014 but somehow is still going.His wife Steph states that he doesn`t really remember her anymore and that his lungs are so bad that "it sounds like he is drowning" and that his heart failure is so severe that nothing can be done medically to help him.He was also admitted to a nursing home briefly a while back when his wife had a cold as "a simple cold could finish him off".Definitely one to include for next year if he makes it to next year.He is best known as the scouse git out of "till death us do part" ad was the president of equity an actors union.He also is one of the few actors to feature in Coronation Street Eastenders and Emmerdale.Also known for being Cherie Blaire`s Dad and Pat Phoenix`s husband for 6 whole days as well as being a prominent left wing activist .

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/i-have-on-more-than-one-occasion-wondered-why-i-go-on-caring-for-tony-1.2634426

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/fiona-phillips-meets-tony-booth-3130078

Considering the fact the likes of Alex Higgins and George Best (who ran around a lot and probably lengthened his life as a result) didn't make it to within sight of 80 Tony Booth must have the constitution of a champion athlete.

Not anymore, mind. 2017 might be ambitious, eh?

He also managed to survive having Tony Blair as his son in law for 30 plus years. I think he'll be in the Drop Forty and Deathlist next year, but making it is the big ask as you say.

Is he the oldest livng hellraiser?

A fair question and I can't think of a more obvious candidate. He's - just - older than Willie Nelson (who knows a thing or two about smoking weed - and also has an improbable hold on life and health). In the party/alcoholic haze stakes I can't think of anyone in Tony Booth's league who's alive and older.

A fair question and I can't think of a more obvious candidate. He's - just - older than Willie Nelson (who knows a thing or two about smoking weed - and also has an improbable hold on life and health). In the party/alcoholic haze stakes I can't think of anyone in Tony Booth's league who's alive and older.

Don King? There's also Lord Snowden, Robert Wagner, Peter Wyngarde all still about. As is, allegedly, albeit for an entirely different type of hellraising than the one intended, Mad Mike Hoare. Which surprised me to find out.

Don King? There's also Lord Snowden, Robert Wagner, Peter Wyngarde all still about. As is, allegedly, albeit for an entirely different type of hellraising than the one intended, Mad Mike Hoare. Which surprised me to find out.

With all due respect to that lot listed how many were hellraising piss-heads who held the line for years? Wyngarde, for example, is more of a lush isn't he, more a tipsy than blootered, right?

• Like 1

With all due respect to that lot listed how many were hellraising piss-heads who held the line for years? Wyngarde, for example, is more of a lush isn't he, more a tipsy than blootered, right?

I don't have anything to hand, but memory seems to tell me he had a reputation akin to Tom Baker when it came to the drinking at one point.

Anyhow, I thought you meant in general, rather than still doing it into their 80s.

Interesting stuff on some of our greatest hellraisers in this little article. Wyngarde gets mentioned in despatches - though only because he shared a place in Kent with Alan Bates before homosexuality was legal.

The stuff on Harris and O' Toole's drinking is classic: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article-1383890/Men-behaving-really-really-badly-DONT-LET-THE-BASTARDS-GRIND-YOU-DOWN-HOW-ONE-GENERATION-OF-BRITISH-ACTORS-CHANGED-THE-WORLD-BY-ROBERT-SELLERS.html

• Like 1

Interesting stuff on some of our greatest hellraisers in this little article. Wyngarde gets mentioned in despatches - though only because he shared a place in Kent with Alan Bates before homosexuality was legal.

The stuff on Harris and O' Toole's drinking is classic: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article-1383890/Men-behaving-really-really-badly-DONT-LET-THE-BASTARDS-GRIND-YOU-DOWN-HOW-ONE-GENERATION-OF-BRITISH-ACTORS-CHANGED-THE-WORLD-BY-ROBERT-SELLERS.html

That's quite spooky, I was reading up on Wyngarde only the other week and delving into the lives of Laughton, Bates and co over the last few months.

I may actually get that book.

He'll live to 90.

He'll live to 90.

No he won't be surprised if he is still alive in two years time never mind in 5 and a half.

He'll live to 90.

Possible only if they induced a coma this week and rigged him up to life support - IMHO

• Like 1

He'll live to 90.

He is ill with so many serious ailments that I cant possibly see him lasting more than a year or two at the very best.

He'll live to 90.

Possible only if they induced a coma this week and rigged him up to life support - IMHO

Nah he is dnr and his wife doesnt want any extensive intervention.

He'll live to 90.

I'll be here in 2022 to laugh in your face.

He'll live to 90.

article-2526202-0BD208D4000005DC-143_634

He'll live to 90.

arts-graphics-2004_1150648a_zpsljm8akva.

Lookie likey!!

He'll live to 90.

Scouse git maybe

Randy is history now, right?

• Like 1

While Tony lingers on, his ex & Cherie's mum, Gale, has died aged 83 - 'after a long battle with alzheinmers'.

In the latest Married with Alzheimer's column, Tony Booth is able to adopt a stray kitten. I think he'll see 2017.

Also, today is his 85th birthday. Might be more of an ask to see 86.

Maybe deathlist will actually be smart enough to put him on the 2017 list

In the latest Married with Alzheimer's column, Tony Booth is able to adopt a stray kitten. I think he'll see 2017.

Yes, but he won't have to do any more than play with it. His missus has to do all the chores, much like when kids want a pet.

Hasn't he got a lot more going on than the Alzheimers?

Yes, but he won't have to do any more than play with it. His missus has to do all the chores, much like when kids want a pet.

Hasn't he got a lot more going on than the Alzheimers?

Heart failure, a stroke a few years back, emphysema issues (iirc his lungs are so frail a cold could kill him) and a few things I'm probably forgetting. He's always struck me as the type of person the Committee like, but I'm not sure they've got more than one chance left, really.

The latest edition of his wifes blog states that Tony is point blank refusing to take his medication but is eating better after switching to eating with a spoon.Sounds like the beginning of the end.A must have for next year.