Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shaun of the Dead

12. Tony Booth

66 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/i-say-the-flowers-are-from-him-and-for-a-few-minutes-before-he-forgets-he-is-delighted-1.2942850 :His wife has updated her column.Doesn`t say anything about his health although she had to buy her own valentines presents and then tell him that he must have ordered them for her then forgot.

That's actually terrible...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:
20 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/i-say-the-flowers-are-from-him-and-for-a-few-minutes-before-he-forgets-he-is-delighted-1.2942850 :His wife has updated her column.Doesn`t say anything about his health although she had to buy her own valentines presents and then tell him that he must have ordered them for her then forgot.

That's actually terrible...

Quote

There is a wonderful jewellers, not far from where we live, that sells exquisite, handmade jewellery. Fortunately, Tony has come to understand it is one of his favourite shops for buying me gifts. I believe my gift for Valentine’s Day may well be bought in there.

 

Fucking hell.  Nice work if you can get away with it.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toast said:

 

Fucking hell.  Nice work if you can get away with it.

 

Aye, how's that not criminal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, how's that not criminal?

At the very least she could have had some Forget me nots planted in the garden.

Obviously, she wants him to forget.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/mixed-gender-lavatories-would-allow-me-to-keep-track-of-tony-1.3039119?mode=amp :Has deteriorated again and has had his last holiday and sleeps a lot now.His wife now just wants him to die.He is still smoking and apparently nearly died around Xmas as he stopped taking his medication.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He might as well smoke now. Whats it going to do - kill him?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm, does sound more like 2018 to me, at least he can still walk. It looks like Glen Campbell is a year ahead of him on the road to oblivion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, msc said:

He might as well smoke now. Whats it going to do - kill him?

He is only on 2_3 a day.Apparently people tell his wife they are shocked he smokes.The guy has alzheimers heart failure and emphysema.Quitting wont help him one iota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Hm, does sound more like 2018 to me, at least he can still walk. It looks like Glen Campbell is a year ahead of him on the road to oblivion.

It is the fact he has so many health issues that makes me think he wont make 2018.If he has a minor infection or another stroke and his heart will probs give out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shaun of the Dead said:

He is only on 2_3 a day.Apparently people tell his wife they are shocked he smokes.The guy has alzheimers heart failure and emphysema.Quitting wont help him one iota.

 

Like when my grandfather had terminal cancer, and I was shocked he was drinking a fair bit of whisky to recover from the shock. "Yeah, I'm fucking dying anyway!"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/i-do-not-like-my-mother-let-alone-love-her-1.3073099?mode=amp :Ftom a few weeks ago.Tonys mother in law who is 5 years his junior now has Alzheimers.His wife hints that he is getting more paranoid and detached from reality 

 

She sounds a bit flaky herself.

 

Quote

 

A minor but current aim is to curb my spending in garden nurseries. It is a tough one. 

If I leave my purse at home I have a horror of something awful happening to me; being unconscious and no one knowing my name because I am not carrying identification. It is a bit like the fear instilled in us by grandmothers who insist we should always wear clean knickers in case of an accident.

Anyhow, I keep my driving licence in my purse, so I need my purse. This makes passing my favourite nurseries and not popping in to see what is new very, very difficult.

 

So, just don't keep a lot of money in your purse and leave your bank cards at home if you're going near one of these places.  There, sorted.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Toast said:

She sounds a bit flaky herself.

Plot twist: she's the one who has been suffering from dementia this whole time, and Tony Booth is perfectly okay. Genius. ;) 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing the speculation above but keeping faith with this pick on my teams

 

TB = 2017 toast, surely

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I'm seeing the speculation above but keeping faith with this pick on my teams

 

TB = 2017 toast, surely

 

 

Not convinced about the dementia talk if Tony Booth is Toast. She's far too coherent.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, msc said:

Not convinced about the dementia talk if Tony Booth is Toast. She's far too coherent.

 

Cheers  drunk.gif

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.