Sean

Tony Booth

19 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/i-say-the-flowers-are-from-him-and-for-a-few-minutes-before-he-forgets-he-is-delighted-1.2942850 :His wife has updated her column.Doesn`t say anything about his health although she had to buy her own valentines presents and then tell him that he must have ordered them for her then forgot.

That's actually terrible...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:
20 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/i-say-the-flowers-are-from-him-and-for-a-few-minutes-before-he-forgets-he-is-delighted-1.2942850 :His wife has updated her column.Doesn`t say anything about his health although she had to buy her own valentines presents and then tell him that he must have ordered them for her then forgot.

That's actually terrible...

There is a wonderful jewellers, not far from where we live, that sells exquisite, handmade jewellery. Fortunately, Tony has come to understand it is one of his favourite shops for buying me gifts. I believe my gift for Valentine’s Day may well be bought in there.

Fucking hell.  Nice work if you can get away with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Fucking hell.  Nice work if you can get away with it.

Aye, how's that not criminal?

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, how's that not criminal?

At the very least she could have had some Forget me nots planted in the garden.

Obviously, she wants him to forget.

• Like 1

He might as well smoke now. Whats it going to do - kill him?

• Like 1

Hm, does sound more like 2018 to me, at least he can still walk. It looks like Glen Campbell is a year ahead of him on the road to oblivion.

18 minutes ago, msc said:

He might as well smoke now. Whats it going to do - kill him?

He is only on 2_3 a day.Apparently people tell his wife they are shocked he smokes.The guy has alzheimers heart failure and emphysema.Quitting wont help him one iota.

16 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Hm, does sound more like 2018 to me, at least he can still walk. It looks like Glen Campbell is a year ahead of him on the road to oblivion.

It is the fact he has so many health issues that makes me think he wont make 2018.If he has a minor infection or another stroke and his heart will probs give out.

Just now, Shaun of the Dead said:

He is only on 2_3 a day.Apparently people tell his wife they are shocked he smokes.The guy has alzheimers heart failure and emphysema.Quitting wont help him one iota.

Like when my grandfather had terminal cancer, and I was shocked he was drinking a fair bit of whisky to recover from the shock. "Yeah, I'm fucking dying anyway!"

27 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/i-do-not-like-my-mother-let-alone-love-her-1.3073099?mode=amp :Ftom a few weeks ago.Tonys mother in law who is 5 years his junior now has Alzheimers.His wife hints that he is getting more paranoid and detached from reality 

She sounds a bit flaky herself.

A minor but current aim is to curb my spending in garden nurseries. It is a tough one. 

If I leave my purse at home I have a horror of something awful happening to me; being unconscious and no one knowing my name because I am not carrying identification. It is a bit like the fear instilled in us by grandmothers who insist we should always wear clean knickers in case of an accident.

Anyhow, I keep my driving licence in my purse, so I need my purse. This makes passing my favourite nurseries and not popping in to see what is new very, very difficult.

So, just don't keep a lot of money in your purse and leave your bank cards at home if you're going near one of these places.  There, sorted.

48 minutes ago, Toast said:

She sounds a bit flaky herself.

Plot twist: she's the one who has been suffering from dementia this whole time, and Tony Booth is perfectly okay. Genius. ;) 

• Like 2

I'm seeing the speculation above but keeping faith with this pick on my teams

TB = 2017 toast, surely

7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I'm seeing the speculation above but keeping faith with this pick on my teams

TB = 2017 toast, surely

Not convinced about the dementia talk if Tony Booth is Toast. She's far too coherent.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, msc said:

Not convinced about the dementia talk if Tony Booth is Toast. She's far too coherent.

Cheers  drunk.gif

• Like 4

Sleeping most of the day,  trouble eating, even short term cognition fucked. Hope he's not really looking forward to next years World Cup...

She also said in the article before the link that Tony didnt want to vote in the election and didnt like Corbyn.This shows how bad he is as he has always been a staunch Labour party activist who was friends with Tony Benn and Dennis Skinner.Significance not lost on his wife.Also being freezing cold in the heatwave particularly has limbs is ominous.

14 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

She also said in the article before the link that Tony didnt want to vote in the election and didnt like Corbyn.This shows how bad he is as he has always been a staunch Labour party activist who was friends with Tony Benn and Dennis Skinner.Significance not lost on his wife.Also being freezing cold in the heatwave particularly has limbs is ominous.

Well, COPD!?

Also, don't laugh, but his comments about Labour under Miliband were the first inklings his mind was going going gone. Was unlikely a mentally able Booth would publicly slate the party like that.

I think Mrs Booth attributes it to his failing heart.Could be COPD as well.

I dunno he slated Blair a few times.His comments on Milliband I thought were pretty accurate for someone with advanced Alzheimers!

17 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I think Mrs Booth attributes it to his failing heart.Could be COPD as well.

I dunno he slated Blair a few times.His comments on Milliband I thought were pretty accurate for someone with advanced Alzheimers!

Not to the "I wouldn't vote for them" extent! T'is a matter of tact rather than accuracy.

And yes, but you would think that! :lol:

• Like 1

True.:P

The cold limbs make me think that if he dies this year, it will be of a heart attack rather than Alzheimer's.