weatherman90

Deathlist 2005! Success Poll

How many people on the DL do you think will die in the upcoming year of 2005?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:sicktherm: With 2004 coming to a close, It's time to make our 2005 predictions!!! ;)

And the polls open... NOW

Well, 2004 finished of with 12. The 2005 list is now available - so time for the predictions to start rolling in....

deathlist.gif

As you can see, judging by the gradual development of the deathlist from 1987-present based on the accuracy of the list each year, the deathlist should be just below 27% accurate in 2005. This means that, give or take a death or two, there should be 13 celebrities on that list popping their clogs before the end of the year.

And that has to be the most carefully prepared first post I ever made to a messageboard :angry: .

Nice work Markusdragon. So, according to your calculations, when can the DL expect a full house of 50?

DWB :angry:

Nice work Markusdragon. So, according to your calculations, when can the DL expect a full house of 50?

Well, that depends...

deathlist2.gif

The first prediction made in blue is what i describe as the 'Pessimist'. The pessimist was worked out using polynominals. Having no knowledge of mathematics past that of GCSE (but good knowledge in the art of making nice graphs), I have no idea what that means, but it predicts bad news for the list, saying it will peak at a pitiful 43% between 2035 and 2042 and then gradually fade.

The red prediction, or 'Optomist' says that we could be seeing a full house as early as 2063, when by all rights, at least one of the original committee will be on the list.

Of course, until there's more data (like another 10 years, because the first few are somewhat... erratic), it's virtually impossible to make a truly accurate prediction.

Great work Markusdragon :lol:

I always thought there was more science to this than initially met the eye

Wow, when do you find the time to do that? Man, by 2043, I would think that we would have a very broad range of celebs to chose from. Most of the celebrities of today would be over 60 years old by then. A good half will be over 80.

A good half will be over 80

and the bad half will be dead :lol:

Very interesting article, his thinking sounds logical but it just doesnt seem possible in such a short amount of time.

Very interesting article, his thinking sounds logical but it just doesnt seem possible in such a short amount of time.

Actually can't claim the credit, Notapotato found it (see "bad news" thread). But I thought it warranted a reairing here.

Regards S to the G.

Very informative article. It will just make deathlist.net's job that much harder if the average lifespan is 1000 years :shoot2:

Would this "Aging Vaccine" be in a pill form? liquid form? and how often would you need it.... and the big question, how much would this thing cost? Perhaps Bill Gates, and maybe Aubrey himself will be the only ones to be able to recieve this treatment. It would be interesting to see how much money Bill Gates will have in 950 years...

It would be interesting to see how much money Bill Gates will have in 950 years...

More than you (or I)

Judging by Aubrey's beard he appears to be 1/2 way there.

Judging by Aubrey's beard he appears to be 1/2 way there.

I was staring at his picture for a while and I could have swore that I saw a rat peeking out of his obsessively long beard :(

I was staring at his picture for a while and I could have swore that.....

I am sure that your picture has become a little more ........ flesh coloured.

Can you sing?

I can't sing, but Barry sure can  :banghead:

And that's not all he likes to do either.

ph321975.gif

Hasn't that nice Mr Blair made that illegal (along with hunting)?

Is the large letter C within the posted picture a deliberate abbreviation?

(I do hope it is really there and not my monitor ....... or eyes)

It's like one of those 'Magic Eye' pictures from a few years back. Stare long enough and some dolphins will appear.

It's like one of those 'Magic Eye' pictures from a few years back. Stare long enough and some dolphins will appear.

That, or it could be a copyright indicator.