Reports England and Wales fans are already being attacked by Russians in Lille. There's nearly 24 hours until their match and 48 hours until ours, this is absolutely ludicrous.

The Hungarians are a handsome bunch.

And they won. Gawd bless 'em.

Cracking result. Biggest shock so far and fully deserved. Zsa Zsa will be proud.

Someoneson makes it 1-1 for Iceland in the early stages of the second half against Portugal

• Like 1

Loving the Viking chant. Can't see the Russians trying anything with them.

• Like 1

Think that has to be one of the greatest chants I've ever heard. Apparently 10% of Iceland's current population was in the stadium. Even more staggeringly 1 in 2000 of 20-40 year old Icelandic males are part of the team.

Think that has to be one of the greatest chants I've ever heard. Apparently 10% of Iceland's current population was in the stadium. Even more staggeringly 1 in 2000 of 20-40 year old Icelandic males are part of the team.

Aye, awesome. Soccernomics (good read, IMHO) ranks nations on the percentage of the population who play and support. Nordic nations come out high in that with Iceland topping the table for percentage of their population registered as players

Whose daft idea was it to schedule the biggest home nations match in a generation for 2pm on a Thursday afternoon?

Probably the EU... or maybe Halibuts.

Just looked it up apparently UEFA schedule the matches before the groups are drawn.

Just looked it up apparently UEFA schedule the matches before the groups are drawn.

No conspiracy then phew (apart from maybe the illuminati control UEFA).

Whose daft idea was it to schedule the biggest home nations match in a generation for 2pm on a Thursday afternoon?

You've just answered your own question.

What they should do in the future is by all means schedule the matches and when they are according to what's drawn out as usual.

But choose the venues for the matches after the draw is made...

You've just answered your own question.

Since when weren't we allowed to talk to ourselves?

What they should do in the future is by all means schedule the matches and when they are according to what's drawn out as usual.

But choose the venues for the matches after the draw is made...

Personally I favour bringing in two-legged ties and playing them home and away - let the home country pick up the security bill.

2020 looks like a decent compromise though. And we've got the final!. Shame we won't be playing in it.

Forgive me for being a thick girl, but isn't France the home nation?

• Like 1

In football Enland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland (some people include Ireland) are considered the Home Nations of football due to the rules for modern football being based on English and UK school rules. A match between any two of these is considered a home nations clash. The four nations also used to contest the Home Nations cup until Irish terrorists caused it to end,

England v Wales

England v Northern Ireland

England v Scotland

Wales v Northern Ireland

Wales v Scotland

Scotland v Northern Ireland

and arguably (not generally accepted for association football)

Ireland v Northern Ireland

Ireland v Scotland

Ireland v Wales

Ireland v England

These clashes are rare in competitive football (non-friendlies) since the home nations cup was abandoned, which is what makes it being scheduled for 2pm such a pain in the ass - the economic cost will likely be huge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Nations

Gutted for Albania, deserved a point tonight against France. France don't look that good, but keep winning matches, which everybody knows is how you win a major championship. We manage the first bit (looking shit) but not the second (winning matches) which is why we'll go out in the quarter-finals.

In football Enland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland (some people include Ireland) are considered the Home Nations of football due to the rules for modern football being based on English and UK school rules. A match between any two of these is considered a home nations clash. The four nations also used to contest the Home Nations cup until Irish terrorists caused it to end,

England v Wales

England v Scotland

Wales v Northern Ireland

Wales v Scotland

Ireland v Scotland

Ireland v Wales

Ireland v England

These clashes are rare in competitive football (non-friendlies) since the home nations cup was abandoned, which is what makes it being scheduled for 2pm such a pain in the ass - the economic cost will likely be huge.

I see, thank you for that. I am on leave anyhow so no need for me to 'get the shits' or 'have women's problems' in order to skive off work to watch 👍

• Like 2

England v Wales

England v Scotland

Wales v Northern Ireland

Wales v Scotland

Ireland v Scotland

Ireland v Wales

Ireland v England

I see, thank you for that. I am on leave anyhow so no need for me to 'get the shits' or 'have women's problems' in order to skive off work to watch

Ach, Lardy! I.....I can't unread that.

As for the term 'Irish Terrorists' that's like some injun shooting a cop with an arrow and everyone calling him a Native American Terrorist.

SirC

As for the term 'Irish Terrorists' that's like some injun shooting a cop with an arrow and everyone calling him a Native American Terrorist.

SirC

No, it really isn't.

• Like 2

Nevermind.

till broken then...

Still broken then...