1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

BBC Scotland's announcer just introduced today's Doctors by saying "I wonder if Keith Harris and Orville ever have this problem."

Harris has had no problems since 2015....

Exactly the same on BBC East Midlands.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A must watch documentary. Love or hate tommy he exposed and turned the tables on the BBC in an incredible way and proves they're in fact fake news and do create and edit content to suit the estabishments agenda. They wanted to invent a #metoo against tommy from his former employer and make out he sexually abused her. Insane really!

12 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

A must watch documentary. Love or hate tommy he exposed and turned the tables on the BBC in an incredible way and proves they're in fact fake news and do create and edit content to suit the estabishments agenda. They wanted to invent a #metoo against tommy from his former employer and make out he sexually abused her. Insane really!

In all fairness the man is a cunt.

While i am happy to accept that the beeb are full of shit and are following their own agenda having old Thommo calling them out is a bit like Glitter pointing the finger at Rolf Harris.

The reality is that we are all being fucked over. We just don't need a racist twat to state the obvious.

• Like 2

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. Why did you have to change your name? Thought double-barrelled wasn't quite down with your message?

Jailed for mortgage fraud yet still lives in a house worth near a million which I doubt many of us do and not at his age.

Wanker through and through who knows how to stir up a populist argument to serve his own ends.

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

In all fairness the man is a cunt.

This.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to think Question Time may no longer be a safe space to discuss the issues of the day.

If it confirmed anything, it would be a brave person that calls, never minds stands, in a General Election.

Rhys-Davies looked like he was about to strike Caroline Lucas!

More ignorant Americanism from the BBC with its constantly declining standards.

William Hill plans 700 store closures putting 4,500 jobs at risk

Anyone ever heard of a betting store?  Thought not.

(I know "shop" isn't logical either, but we've called them betting shops ever since they were invented.)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Toast said:

(I know "shop" isn't logical either, but we've called them betting shops ever since they were invented.)

You are just an old fashioned kinda gal, aren't you Toastie!:D

50 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You are just an old fashioned kinda gal, aren't you Toastie!:D

I'm considering reaching out to whoever wrote that piece ....

and strangling them.  B)

• Haha 4

On 04/07/2019 at 15:45, Toast said:

Betting shop? Been bookies since I can remember. Don't think I've ever head anyone say they're going to a betting shop.

18 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Betting shop? Been bookies since I can remember. Don't think I've ever head anyone say they're going to a betting shop.

Depends on your age. They were always called betting shops in my day.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

I shuddered when I read the headline about a robbery in Greenock referring to the locus as a "convenience store": https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49310803

Was at our "corner shop"* earlier. Not very convenient on a Sunday, they were out of bread! :D

*Needn't be on an actual street corner to be yer corner shop.

PS It's always been bookies to me so no chance with anyone too young to mind John Major as PM...**

** Was about to type Maggie then twigged the young uns on here are mid-90s kids so no, they wont recall that either! Beginning to know how LFN must feel when no one else remembers Lord Liverpool... :P

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, msc said:

Was at our "corner shop"* earlier. Not very convenient on a Sunday, they were out of bread! :D

*Needn't be on an actual street corner to be yer corner shop.

PS It's always been bookies to me so no chance with anyone too young to mind John Major as PM...**

** Was about to type Maggie then twigged the young uns on here are mid-90s kids so no, they wont recall that either! Beginning to know how LFN must feel when no one else remembers Lord Liverpool... :P

Yup can remember tail end of Blair but not Major (although he counts towards my how many pms in your life). Think there's a couple on here too young to remember Blair. 

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

Yup can remember tail end of Blair but not Major (although he counts towards my how many pms in your life). Think there's a couple on here too young to remember Blair. 

One of our regulars wasn't alive for the September 11 attacks, so quite possible.

:old:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deathray said:

1 hour ago, msc said:

It's always been bookies to me so no chance with anyone too young to mind John Major as PM.

It might be a regional thing. 

Although years ago I worked for Ladbrokes and the branches were always referred to as shops.

Going by recent comments by culture secretary Nicky Morgan I think the BBC's days of  being funded by the licence fee are in their early death throes .

The mood music is definitely being stepped  up ,the groundwork laid and with a healthy majority if they are determined I cannot see the government being derailed on this.

10 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Going by recent comments by culture secretary Nicky Morgan I think the BBC's days of  being funded by the licence fee are in their early death throes .

The mood music is definitely being stepped  up ,the groundwork laid and with a healthy majority if they are determined I cannot see the government being derailed on this.

Good!

They are a bunch of leftie bastards that have not been 'neutral' for decades.

It is an outdated and outmoded shitfest, even the Royal family have modernised!]

People have a choice to purchase Sky products, Netflix etc but are still 'forced' to pay a licence fee.

Maybe, when they finally are forced to have voluntary subscribers, they won't piss the income up the wall like they have done with the licence fee for decades.

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Good!

They are a bunch of leftie bastards that have not been 'neutral' for decades.

It is an outdated and outmoded shitfest, even the Royal family have modernised!]

People have a choice to purchase Sky products, Netflix etc but are still 'forced' to pay a licence fee.

Maybe, when they finally are forced to have voluntary subscribers, they won't piss the income up the wall like they have done with the licence fee for decades.

Well I'm sure their not all leftie bastards!:DIn the news and politics department Andrew Neil, Nick Robinson, and there has been numerous two way traffic through a revolving door  between number ten and the BBC in recent years.Robbie Gibb boss of the Daily Politics went to work for Theresa May when she was prime minister. Ex bbc political reporter  James Landale I think went to work for the conservatives etc. 

I certainly think modern technology makes it harder for the licence fee to seem legitimate and this will only increase in future. 

To an extent they are the author of their own misfortune .I am a bigger fan of their radio stuff than their tv shows nowadays. 

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Well I'm sure their not all leftie bastards!:DIn the news and politics department Andrew Neil, Nick Robinson, and there has been numerous two way traffic through a revolving door  between number ten and the BBC in recent years.Robbie Gibb boss of the Daily Politics went to work for Theresa May when she was prime minister. Ex bbc political reporter  James Landale I think went to work for the conservatives etc. 

I certainly think modern technology makes it harder for the licence fee to seem legitimate and this will only increase in future. 

To an extent they are the author of their own misfortune .I am a bigger fan of their radio stuff than their tv shows nowadays. 

Oh, Andrew Neil and the like are, indeed, impartial.

I tend to look a little bit further away from that.

I look to stuff like 'Have I got News for You?

Huw Edwards, Emily Maitlis etc etc.

Plenty of unashamed left wing bias there.

I do not subscribe to the Tory mantra but, if I am looking for a level playing field, I am not looking at the BBC.

11 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Oh, Andrew Neil and the like are, indeed, impartial.

I tend to look a little bit further away from that.

I look to stuff like 'Have I got News for You?

Huw Edwards, Emily Maitlis etc etc.

Plenty of unashamed left wing bias there.

I do not subscribe to the Tory mantra but, if I am looking for a level playing field, I am not looking at the BBC.

I must admit I do prefer SKY NEWS these days, even when owned by Murdoch most of the time its political coverage was of a good and impartial quality. 

I dont bother as much as I used to with political stuff on tv or radio Never watched more than 10 minutes of Robert Pestons show on ITV in all the years it has been broadcast. Quit watching Question Time in 2016 when it just seemed like a poorly chaired slanging match and This Week which used to be on seemed very stale.

Similarly Any Questions and Today programme on Radio 4 started to annoy or bore me more than engage me. 

Documentaries or discussions of current affairs rather than politics is what I think BBC radio is now best at and hence what I enjoy. 

Only watch Politics live now but not habitually. I do think its chair Jo Coburn is pretty fair.

Lastly I do think there have been signs that political or social preaching has become unsubtle in terms of drama output. I recall watching the 2015 episode of Eastenders broadcast on the day of the election and it was pretty obvious the writers were trying to preach to their viewers through the characters dialogue to vote tory!!:D

I don't think they are particularly right wing or left wing biased. They are very politically correct, which I think people on the right get confused with being left wing. Running stories constantly like 'the first transgender woman of colour boxer who is breaking down barriers' or whatever is politically correct, but it is not left wing. I think certain individuals are a bit biased but the corporation as a whole doesn't have an agenda, apart from being slightly pro-government (towards whoever the current UK government is) as they don't wanna piss them off to much because they might get defunded...

On 05/02/2020 at 23:15, GraveDanger said:

I don't think they are particularly right wing or left wing biased. They are very politically correct, which I think people on the right get confused with being left wing. Running stories constantly like 'the first transgender woman of colour boxer who is breaking down barriers' or whatever is politically correct, but it is not left wing. I think certain individuals are a bit biased but the corporation as a whole doesn't have an agenda, apart from being slightly pro-government (towards whoever the current UK government is) as they don't wanna piss them off to much because they might get defunded...

I think the BBC tends towards being pro establishment or pro the prevailing wisdom rather than pro any political party . Now being pro establishment can benefit the current government but it is not quite the same as being pro a particular party or left or right.

• Like 1

Anyone else notice that the boat the grown up Indiana Jones falls off in The Last Crusade was called the Corona?

Nice, BBC, nice call to show that on Easter Monday during a pandemic of coronavirus.

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Anyone else notice that the boat the grown up Indiana Jones falls off in The Last Crusade was called the Corona?

Nice, BBC, nice call to show that on Easter Monday during a pandemic of conronavirus.

Did you also notice in the background during the 'boat chase' sequence was the London docks and not Vienna? 

6 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Did you also notice in the background during the 'boat chase' sequence was the London docks and not Vienna? 

Well, I can hardly blame the BBC for that! :lol:

• Like 1