Sean

20 /20

1920:Michael Shaw Clarissa Eden

1921:Peter Sallis Carol Channing

1922: Denis Norden Baroness Trumpington (Jean Barker)

1923:James Ramsden Glynis Johns

1924:Edward du Cann Mary Warnock

1925:John Eden Dorothy Malone

1926:Patrick Jenkin Gudrun Ure

1927:Jim Prior June Brown

1928:Bill Rodgers Ethel Kennedy

1929:David Waddington Betty Boothroyd

Book:1

Bibliogryphon:1

• Like 1

New pool im afraid youngwillz

Indeed I posted it immediately after posting the BBC Obit and entering for Round 3. If my team doesn't count, I'm withdrawing from this entirely.

Edit: In fact, consider me withdrawn. One less to worry about.

1920 Fanny Waterman/Michael Anderson

1921 Jane Freeman/ Silvio Gazzaniga

1922 Kay Starr/Rex Richards

1923 Dina Merill/ Franco Zeffarelli

1924 Vivean Gray/Brian Rix

1925 Ysanne Churchman/Richard Baker

1926 Cicely Berry/Leonard Fenton

1927 Babs Chinnery/Dick Bruna

1928 Kate Wilhelm/Edward Albee

1929 Patricia Routledge/David Fisher

• Like 1

Indeed I posted it immediately after posting the BBC Obit and entering for Round 3. If my team doesn't count, I'm withdrawing from this entirely.

That is a shame :( You had a brilliant team.Feel free to enter in this or future pools if you change your mind.

1920: Teddy Johnson + Michèle Morgan

1921: Prince Philip + Jackie Stallone

1922: Pierre Cardin + Betty White

1923: Bob Barker + Pearl Carr

1924: Leslie Phillips + Eva Marie Saint

1925: Michel Piccoli + Arlene Dahl

1926: Hugh Hefner + Charlotte Rae

1927: Benedict XVI + Cleo Laine

1928: Martin Landau + Jeanne Moreau

1929: Ed Asner + Ursula K. Le Guin

Next round.

Taking back my Pearl Carr! :evil2:

• Like 1

I don't understand.

Why wouldn't YW's team count if he posted it straight after the QO?

As soon as the obit is posted the next round starts.

But he posted the obit, didn't he? How much quicker could he have been?

What am I missing here?

• Like 1

What am I missing here?

Haven't entered this thread because "ain't nobody got time for that?" but following with interest and am struggling to understand how YDub's has been disallowed. He posted the obit and then in a separate post posted his own team, surely that counts as him entering the post-Gordon Murray pool?

• Like 2

What am I missing here?

Don't worry about it, my teams have been deleted and I wish the competitors all the best.

*Duncan Bannatyne voice* I'm out.

What am I missing here?

Don't worry about it, my teams have been deleted and I wish the competitors all the best.

Still don't get it. think_smiley_32.gif

• Like 4

What am I missing here?

I'd still love to understand the reasoning behind you being disqualified.

I'd also like to suggest an amendment to the rules that when there's "universal agreement" no suitable 1920 names can be added 1930 is added and so on in perpetuity.

EDIT: As someone who also "runs" (read occasionally updates) a dead pool, I realise it's a hard job and I'm definitely not getting at you personally Shaun, I'd just like to understand the rules before I consider entering a team in the next round.

What am I missing here?

I'd still love to understand the reasoning behind you being disqualified.

I'd also like to suggest an amendment to the rules that when there's "universal agreement" no suitable 1920 names can be added 1930 is added and so on in perpetuity.

+1

Explanation please.

I admit I am rather confused myself by the turn of events.

Whoa whoa :huh:.Youngwillz was NOT disqualified at all!I just realised I made a mistake by skim reading too quickly .He did indeed have Gudrun Ure.Please come back youngwillz and reclaim Gudrun as your own! Merely a misunderstanding on my part by reading through threads too quickly and getting confused.Apologies old chap. :bow:

With regards to Deathray`s idea I like it. Before we go onto 1930 I would suggest that when a category runs out (for example 1920 ladies) I will allow competitors to choose two men but that can be negotiated in due course.

I too have been most confused for much of the day, and think YoungWillz has clearly been wronged, as Shaun himself has since noted.

With this in mind, I submit my entry below without touching any of Willz original picks:

1920: John Paul Stevens, Lassie Lou Ahern

1921: King Michael of Romania, Liz Smith

1922: Milos Jakes, Lilianne Bettencourt

1923: Chuck Yeager, Queen Anne of Romania

1924: George HW Bush, Lys Assia

1925: Hal Holbrook, Margaret Rhodes

1926: Jerry Lewis, Jean Alexander

1927: Bhumibol Adulyadej, Gina Lollobrigida

1928: Bruce Forsyth, Jean Kennedy Smith

1929: Roger Bannister, Joan Plowright

In the event that Willz decides not to re-enter (I am giving him the opportunity to do so, since he technically already has once this round) then I have PM'd Shaun with a couple of (2) alterations I would like making to my team if Willz's picks are available. If anyone disputes this, that's fine. Hope Willz enters, if not, I'm stealing his old folk. :evil2:

Edited by RoverAndOut

Whoa whoa :huh:.Youngwillz was NOT disqualified at all!I just realised I made a mistake by skim reading too quickly .He did indeed have Gudrun Ure.Please come back youngwillz and reclaim Gudrun as your own! Merely a misunderstanding on my part by reading through threads too quickly and getting confused.Apologies old chap. :bow:

With regards to Deathray`s idea I like it. Before we go onto 1930 I would suggest that when a category runs out (for example 1920 ladies) I will allow competitors to choose two men but that can be negotiated in due course.

I will swap Gudrun for Cloris Leachman if Youngwillz decides to re enter.

reposting...

1920 - Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, Kate Murtagh

1921 - Jean of Luxembourg, Nexhmije Hoxha

1922 - Dilip Kumar, Rose Mofford

1923 - Peter Vaughan, Anne Jeffreys

1924 - Kenneth Kaunda, Rosamunde Pilcher

1925 - Mikis Theodorakis, Barbara Bush

1926 - Yusuf al-Qaradawi, Irene Papas

1927 - Robert Guillaume, Juliette Greco

1928 - Hosni Mubarak, Agnes Varda

1929 - Milan Kundera, Imelda Marcos

Steal away.

I spat my dummy, mainly because I'd been up half the night going through the House of Lords members lists and completed about 75% of my research for this one. After 7 steals, I thought I'd best be prepared for a completely new list. That and the fact that I have a loose wisdom tooth (I hate dentists) that persists in clinging on to my mouth made the morning a painful one.

Unlike most folk on here, I'm just not a professional deathlister. I don't have much in the way of lists except those I'm really interested in. 1920s personalities ain't my thing.

I never gave Shaun the chance to correct. As other teams have already submitted with my further names, it would just complicate the searching of the thread.

I'm overreaching myself to participate anyway, and my picks NEVER (well hardly ever) die. (Although I'm having a fair year in other pools, surprisingly).

As I said, don't worry about it - this pool's too much of a hassle for me, and I'm withdrawing, but not making it easy to pick up my picks hence the deletion of my teams. :evil2:

• Like 6

Steal away.

I spat my dummy, mainly because I'd been up half the night going through the House of Lords members lists and completed about 75% of my research for this one. After 7 steals, I thought I'd best be prepared for a completely new list. That and the fact that I have a loose wisdom tooth (I hate dentists) that persists in clinging on to my mouth made the morning a painful one.

Unlike most folk on here, I'm just not a professional deathlister. I don't have much in the way of lists except those I'm really interested in. 1920s personalities ain't my thing.

I never gave Shaun the chance to correct. As other teams have already submitted with my further names, it would just complicate the searching of the thread.

I'm overreaching myself to participate anyway, and my picks NEVER (well hardly ever) die. (Although I'm having a fair year in other pools, surprisingly).

As I said, don't worry about it - this pool's too much of a hassle for me, and I'm withdrawing, but not making it easy to pick up my picks hence the deletion of my teams. :evil2:

I don't do this 'professionally' either, though I am attempting to keep a few lists of notables, with the intention of maybe overreaching myself in the entry stakes this new year (I'll have been a member about 18 months by then). I did up to about the 1990 intake of the Lords for Biblio's Scavenger Hunt, but there were so many I lost interest. I entered the first one of these late in the day, and some of them were nigh-on impossible to find someone who'll get an obit who hadn't already been picked, so when the picks were open I nabbed a few notable names I liked, particularly some of yours.

And since you're not entering I'll update my list to make the following changes: Muriel Pavlow out, Liz Smith in; Cicely Tyson out, Lys Assia in (love me a bit of a Eurovision) and a cheeky extra one because I can, Lassie Lou Ahern in for Marsie Taylor. The first two were previously messaged to Shaun, the third one I've just decided on. Hope all are alright with this and I'll edit my list accordingly. :D

Christ, what a palava...

• Like 1

I guess the confusion there has settled down so now throwing my hat in.

1920 - Jerry Maren, Noel Neill

1921 - Clifton James, Francoise Gilot

1922 - George Blake, Barbara Hale

1923 - Sumner Redstone, Rhonda Fleming

1924 - Atai Bihari Vajpayee, Joyce Randolph

1925 - Mahathir Mohamad, Gloria DeHaven

1926 - Michael Bond, Gillian Lynne

1927 - Pierre Henry, Emmanuelle Riva

1928 - Hans Kung, Queen Ratna of Nepal

1929 - Gaston Glock, Vera Miles

I am loving this pool. I am Ok for the near future as long as I am in the first eight to enter. After that the names become an bit obit dodgy.

• Like 1