Then there was Chris Boardman's mum falling off a bike.

Relations of olympians - that must be a decent line of enquiry?

So basically the olympics are absolute shit this year. Thanks for telling me, I'm still not going to watch them.

So basically the olympics are absolute shit this year. Thanks for telling me, I'm still not going to watch them.

Aw come on, give it a go. There's archery on at the moment. With the weather the way it is there could be a fatality.

• Like 1

I really like the diving to be fair. I guess I watched it for the same reason as Ydub though

Bloody hell, are there any straight men on here? :P

One or two. I hope I qualify. He man sports need to be bigged up. Stronger faster better type stuff. Not to fussed with all those subjective arty fartty artistic impression sports like diving or gymnastics. Shame squash is not an Olympic sport, and that more small countries don't get to enter more events. The classic events from Ancient Greece need to have greater participation in these regards. No matter how good the best competitors of any country is, at least a dozen events like the 100m, javelin and marathon need to have one entrant from each nation in the opening rounds. Three competitors from Upper Volta just undercuts the celebration of what should be a world wide competition, and foster greater understanding.

We used to have all kinds of "have a go" types mismatched in the heats. Then after 2000, the killjoy Havelangists of the IOC changed the rules so you had to be in the Top however many in the world to qualify for an event.

The International Olympic Committee’s president, Jacques Rogge, also disagreed with Thorpe’s assessment that heroism of the hapless was what the Games were all about, telling the Guardian about his plans to stop handing out wild cards to countries that would otherwise be unable to send competitors on the grounds that “we want to avoid what happened in the swimming in Sydney; the public loved it, but I did not like it.”

Arsehole.

Eh, Bert Le Clos is a bigger legend than prima donna Phelps ever will be, personally. Watching him do his alpha male bow before me rubbish for winning the gold medal, really wanted him to fall flat on his arse.

Phelps did all right though. Bert who??????

Oh, Phelps is a great at his sport, there's no deny. But he comes across as a complete arsehole, the Ronaldo of his sport if you will.

Bert Le Clos is Chad's (the swimmer) dad and an internet meme for his overabundance of emotion for his sons gold medal win in 2012. He was in the arena for Chad's silver the other day, but is now apparently badly ill with prostate cancer.

Phelps may be a great Olympian but that doesn't stop him being an arsehole http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/08/phelps-cupsanity/495026/Cupping of course has different connotations for others around the pool.

It would be great if they did away with international time standards and just allowed each country to send their best three athletes for every individual event and a national team for every team sport.

I'd love to see the British Virgin Islands v USA in the Basketball and similar such match ups.

Who is the sexiest Olympian at Rio 2016?

Would you go the distance with Mo Farah? Does David Florence paddle your canoe? Is Jessica Ennis Hill a 7 out of 7? Would you give Charlotte Dujardin a dressage down?

Yes, the lack of major deaths has come to this...

• Like 1

Would you go the distance with Mo Farah? Does David Florence paddle your canoe? Is Jessica Ennis Hill a 7 out of 7? Would you give Charlotte Dujardin a dressage down?

Some frankly bizzare choices in there youngwillz.

Yeah, and it the IOC realised you were already aroused by the usual suspects they'd never have spent all those man hours trying to keep a straight face and dream up plausible sporting reasons to add Beach Volleyball to the whole thing.

• Like 2

Only chose them for the "witty" line which could follow them. ^_^

• Like 2

I miss Fatima Whitbread

• Like 1

Ah, I get it now. Like; are you thrown by Idalys Ortiz, do you score with Mauro Nespoli, could you manage a quick one with Vanessa Garcia. Oh my there's a whole evening's entertainment in this.

• Like 1

Oleg Varniaiev could pommel my rings anytime...

• Like 2

KJT! KJT! KJT! :clap:

• Like 1

I don't know her name but the Canadian diver is nice.

• Like 1

Since you've killed off that one. There seems to be a lot of double barrelled surnames in the Olympics and some seem a bit over done eg Johnson-Thompson. What would be some good hook ups? Long-Wei has titter value.

I miss Fatima Whitbread

So, Fatima Whitbread goes to the doctor and says; "I've got this problem with body hair."

"Oh yeah," says the doctor, "let's see."

So Fatima pulls down her t-shirt and this forest of fur sprouts up over the neck.

"Goodness," says the doctor, "that does seem rather abundant, how far down does it go?"

"All the way to me bollocks," says Fatima.

• Like 2

Get in there Mo. Somalia must be partying tonight ;)

Oh the misery, the wailing as Rutherford and Ennis Hill win medals but they are not gold. So commentary goes into grieving mode.

• Like 1

That new country of Phelps has the 37th most medals of all time, in 12 short years of its existence.

That's fucking embarrassing to be #38-end of list. I saw Ireland was like 40th. We suck.

SC

Oh the misery, the wailing as Rutherford and Ennis Hill win medals but they are not gold. So commentary goes into grieving mode.

It's all good, you made up for it by having an Ethiopian who trains in the USA win a gold 'for England' in the 10000M. Whatever allows you to thump your chests I guess.

SC