So it's finally here

Not until the opening ceremony reaches grinding poverty, drug cartels and the demolition of the rainforest.

There was a little bit of the what the duck about it all.

• Like 1

I'm more of a Winter Olympics type of guy.

But I can't wait for 'Murica to kick some Non-'Murican butt.

That's the Olympic spirit...

A nice touch that the chap who lit the flame is someone who should have won gold in 2004 in the marathon but for that eejit in the kilt...

I hope Oscar Pistorius enjoys watching it all from his cell :evil2:

Why is there not Olympic Deadpooling. then we can all be atheletes

Gold: Great Britain

Silver: Great Britain

Bronze: United States of America

Gold: Italy, you mean.

• Like 1

Why is there not Olympic Deadpooling. then we can all be atheletes

Gold: Great Britain

Silver: Great Britain

Bronze: United States of America

Gold: Italy, you mean.

Now that's an interesting thing to consider. Under international DDP rules would the last few competitions under my tenure was won by the following countries?

2010: GBR

2011: GBR

2012: GBR

2013: ITA

2014: ITA

2015: ITA

And going back further, there were more from across the Atlantic. I can't remember whether Meet Your Maker was USA or Canada. Fallen Sparrow I think was USA and so was Otis, Do You Want A Treat? and the posthumous win for M T Graves. And in these Independence times, would Drunkasaskunk hear "God Save the Queen" or "Flower of Scotland?"

And indeed is the host Eire? :)

• Like 1

In that case, I think as it stands is:

1. England 10 (Nick J x2, Whittaker's Choice, JoeRam, Deathlist.net, Living End x 3, Octopus of Odstock, Tonight Matthew)
  2. USA 5 (MT Graves, Otis, Fallen Sparrow, meet your maker x2)
  3. Italy 3 (David Quantick’s Showbiz Pals x3)
  4. Scotland 2 (Drunkasaskunk x2)

*I've made guesses on Whittaker and Tonight, Matthew based on their names. Meet Your Maker might be Canadian and I think its mentioned on this forum at the time, but I can't be arsed searching.

Of the top 6 in this years, I think (but could be wrong on Heading Nowhere/Golden Slumbers) we have 3 Americans, 1 English, 1 Italian and a Scot...

In that case, I think as it stands is:

• England 10 (Nick J x2, Whittaker's Choice, JoeRam, Deathlist.net, Living End x 3, Octopus of Odstock, Tonight Matthew)
  • USA 5 (MT Graves, Otis, Fallen Sparrow, meet your maker x2)
  • Italy 3 (David Quanticks Showbiz Pals x3)
  • Scotland 2 (Drunkasaskunk x2)

*I've made guesses on Whittaker and Tonight, Matthew based on their names. Meet Your Maker might be Canadian and I think its mentioned on this forum at the time, but I can't be arsed searching.

Of the top 6 in this years, I think (but could be wrong on Heading Nowhere/Golden Slumbers) we have 3 Americans, 1 English, 1 Italian and a Scot...

Yeh well stand back, fuckers, cos this year's winner is from WILTSHIRE 👍

• Like 3

That wonderful time when you watch a sport you haven't seen for four years. Handball and fencing are class

Love how the swimming competitions are being held between 10pm and midnight Brazil time

Germany hasn't won anything yet. I don't even care.

Germany hasn't won anything yet. I don't even care.

Neither do we.

• Like 1

Splish splash? pfft.

What's with having 354 events one person can win all of? the 50m some stroke, the 55m same thing, 60m same thing, more of the same with a couple of other strokes thrown in, relay of that @ every multiple of 50m....

Yawn.

And whilst I'm on that subject, the arseletics is no better. The 100m and 200m is more often than not the same person. And of the 5 fastest (men) times in history, 4 have been by people caught doping, and the other was Usain Bolt. Who is either A: a freak or B: just hasn't been caught yet.

400m isn't a sprint, so ok. But 800 and 1500? 5k and 10k? meh.

Football? like we don't get enough of that already. Golf? you're kidding right?

I'm watching it for the archery, because it may be tedious, but you don't see it any other time. Oh that and the cycling, cause I do that a bit even if not competitively.

• Like 1

I really like the diving to be fair. I guess I watched it for the same reason as Ydub though

• Like 1

I really like the diving to be fair. I guess I watched it for the same reason as Ydub though

Bloody hell, are there any straight men on here? :P

• Like 1

Bloody hell, are there any straight men on here? :P

Well. There probably isn't if you're asking :P

Love how the swimming competitions are being held between 10pm and midnight Brazil time

nbc_olympics.jpg

Wanted to post word for word quote I saw on FB. Hard to mess with perfection.

"Michael Phelps just smoked that jerk Chad Le Clois in the 200m Butterfly. Le Clois was trying to stare down Phelps last night before the semi final. Really juvenile. Le Clois, who beat Phelps in this very event 4 years ago, finish 4th. No medal. Karma"

Eh, Bert Le Clos is a bigger legend than prima donna Phelps ever will be, personally. Watching him do his alpha male bow before me rubbish for winning the gold medal, really wanted him to fall flat on his arse.

Watching our Ladies getting one over on the Argies in some sort of stick and ball game. Very exciting.

Eh, Bert Le Clos is a bigger legend than prima donna Phelps ever will be, personally. Watching him do his alpha male bow before me rubbish for winning the gold medal, really wanted him to fall flat on his arse.

Phelps did all right though. Bert who??????

Phelps did all right though. Bert who??????

Oh, Phelps is a great at his sport, there's no deny. But he comes across as a complete arsehole, the Ronaldo of his sport if you will.

Bert Le Clos is Chad's (the swimmer) dad and an internet meme for his overabundance of emotion for his sons gold medal win in 2012. He was in the arena for Chad's silver the other day, but is now apparently badly ill with prostate cancer.