Sean

The Generation Game

first hit with Glen Campbell. I think there's a couple of other people with him as well.

Betty Cuthbert and Glen Campbell are hits 26 and 27.

I now have to laugh at this earlier comment of mine:

On 10.8.2016 at 21:58, gcreptile said:

I really have to finish updating my longlist to my newly acquired Excel skills, to field a team for this before Michael of Romania dies.

Edit: Oh, 1-year anniversary soon!

• Haha 5

Anniversary hit with Yisrael Kristal. No. 28.

• Like 1

Should Harry Beitzel obit (no Daily Mail obit yet???) he'll be hit 29 and the 4th hit within a week. Not bad for 1-year-old research...

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Should Harry Beitzel obit (no Daily Mail obit yet???) he'll be hit 29 and the 4th hit within a week. Not bad for 1-year-old research...

It would be very ironic if King Michael was somehow the last man standing...

• Haha 2

Thanks to the death of Glen Campbell I am on 14.

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Thanks to the death of Glen Campbell I am on 14.

Um, I hate to break the news to you, but your no longer playing...

• Like 1

I'm at 18 deaths at the moment. I'm coming for you gcreptile...

• Like 1

Brucie is the most appropriate hit for this game.Good game good game!

1 minute ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Brucie is the most appropriate hit for this game.Good game good game!

Would be inappropriate hit for the Poker tournie of YW, though, as you get nothing for a pair.

• Like 2

It's been 3 months since Jacque Fresco's death. 

Colin Meads is hit 3 for me, hit 3 in Silent Generations (which is the only category I have hits), and the 2nd death in 2 days (the other being Forsyth)

7 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I think I'm the second team (after gcreptile of course) who has reached 20 hits so far. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

I didn't expect to have so many hits this early on in my run, but now I'm currently racing towards gcreptile. Wonder if I will ever pass him in hits...

EDIT: Posted in the wrong thread. I thought I clicked The Generation Game, please move it to the right thread...

Since I don't think a mod is moving this here, I'm quoting it here.

And Jacque Fresco didn't obit in 3 months, just a heads up drol and rockhopper penguin (though I don't think he's sadly ever coming back :()...

Shit, Bea Wain is a stupid overlooked miss on my part :facepalm:

Does this indirect obit count for Harry Beitzel?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/aug/25/white-knuckle-ride-awaits-as-afl-regular-season-reaches-spectacular-denouement

Edit: Ok, if the obit rules are the same as in the DDP, then it counts. Then I just go ahead and claim hit nr. 30. 50% done!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/aug/25/white-knuckle-ride-awaits-as-afl-regular-season-reaches-spectacular-denouement

Edit: Ok, if the obit rules are the same as in the DDP, then it counts. Then I just go ahead and claim hit nr. 30. 50% done!

I'm only 10 hits behind you at the moment. I think I still have lots of good picks on there, but I think there enough poor picks on there that I won't be able to push past you. 

It counts for the DDP it counts here!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I'm only 10 hits behind you at the moment. I think I still have lots of good picks on there, but I think there enough poor picks on there that I won't be able to push past you. 

I think you had the benefit of our research getting better and better, so you got a couple of good names after I, or others, submitted our teams. I also got someone like Colin Meads because I submitted my team a bit later than others. But then, once those quick cancer hits are over, you need a better eye for those who just don't live long. I think it's more difficult. And who knows, someone else might still win with picking the right baby boomers.

I'm on a strong 9 hits. :lol:

Every one of them has a BBC Obit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I'm on a strong 9 hits. :lol:

Every one of them has a BBC Obit.

I should have been really evil and insisted on a BBC obit but I want to live to see the end of this ha!

• Haha 2

You know its going to be a long game when "only 10 hits behind" is a promising spot!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I think you had the benefit of our research getting better and better, so you got a couple of good names after I, or others, submitted our teams. I also got someone like Colin Meads because I submitted my team a bit later than others. But then, once those quick cancer hits are over, you need a better eye for those who just don't live long. I think it's more difficult. And who knows, someone else might still win with picking the right baby boomers.

Well, I think in many ways, a team could enter today and still do well because they have the benefit of picking names that weren't known a while back. I got that advantage especially with the baby boomers. Wetton, Gill and Allman were all good picks after the period in late July early August.  But people who join later also has to deal with not being able to choose certain picks. By joining later, I was unable to pick Vera Caslavka and Sharon Jones. And you also have to deal with picks that you would've chosen if they were announced when you started. Because of this, I can't choose Johnny Hallyday, John McCain, and Rayya Elias unless I want to add a name to the list (which, I might do, but probably won't in the end). I think some of my guesses were just pure luck. Fidel Castro was a gut feeling and he was dead by the weekend after I joined. Jerry Lewis was by no means a good pick at the time. I think I put him in cause I was trying to finish my team to make it 20. Then his hospital stay happened, and then he died and became my 20th hit. So I think some luck is involved with it as well...

32 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I think you had the benefit of our research getting better and better, so you got a couple of good names after I, or others, submitted our teams.

Aye, but as they say, if you don't want a name getting out there, don't mention them! Else it's a gift horse, etc.

:lol: