Davey Jones' Locker

Emperor Akihito

Emperor Emeritus Akihito and Empress Emeritus Michiko have recieved the jab.

Also, according to japan times:

"Prince Hitachi, 85, the younger brother of Emperor Emeritus Akihito; his wife Princess Hanako, 80; Princess Nobuko, 66, widow of the late Prince Tomohito of Mikasa; and Princess Hisako, 67, widow of the late Prince Takamado, were inoculated at the Imperial Household Hospital on the grounds of the Imperial Palace, the sources said."

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/06/01/national/emperor-akihito-vaccinated/

Picture from the end of April:

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20210602/p2g/00m/0na/012000c

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arghton said:

Emperor Emeritus Akihito and Empress Emeritus Michiko have recieved the jab.

Also, according to japan times:

"Prince Hitachi, 85, the younger brother of Emperor Emeritus Akihito; his wife Princess Hanako, 80; Princess Nobuko, 66, widow of the late Prince Tomohito of Mikasa; and Princess Hisako, 67, widow of the late Prince Takamado, were inoculated at the Imperial Household Hospital on the grounds of the Imperial Palace, the sources said."

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/06/01/national/emperor-akihito-vaccinated/

Picture from the end of April:

Use this.

• Like 1

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14381111

The Emperor Emeritus has apparently discovered two new types of goby fish, making the number of goby fish types he has discovered 10.

(Scientific article here: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10228-021-00817-2)

What if the "declining health" was mostly a lie and the real reason he abdicated was to find new types of these? I don't think he'll die during (atleast) the next three years.

2 hours ago, arghton said:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20211223_19/

His 88th birthday was yesterday. There was a birthday celebration with around 90 people, the Imperial Household Agency says that he "has no major health problems and enjoys walking in the garden"

Looks great, can walk without aid.

Dead tomorrow then? 

There a reason why the committee loves this pick, or is he just set up to be the next 10 time bedblocker 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

There a reason why the committee loves this pick, or is he just set up to be the next 10 time bedblocker 

they must have a pun in mind for the front page obit that they don’t want to risk missing the opportunity to use (“the emporer’s new grave”? “akihitoast”?)

i’m sure it’ll be hilarious!

• Haha 2

Not worrying. Yuriko has been living with it for more than two years. He will be fine.

• Like 1

He was concerned when the doctors mentioned heart failure until they reminded him he was on the 2022 DeathList.

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

9 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Interesting.

Cataract surgery is something doctors are reluctant to perform on older people unless they're in good health.

A drop in 2023? I mean... he may die given his age, but there are much stronger candidates to fill the DL 50 imo.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Interesting.

Cataract surgery is something doctors are reluctant to perform on older people unless they're in good health.

A drop in 2023? I mean... he may die given his age, but there are much stronger candidates to fill the DL 50 imo.

It’s Akihito’s diagnosis of heart failure this year which has convinced me he should stay on. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Daredevil said:

It’s Akihito’s diagnosis of heart failure this year which has convinced me he should stay on. 

"Heart failure", "liver failure" is very vague. Doesn't tell you much about a condition. Many heart conditions you can live for years with, even at that age.

• Like 3

On 15/10/2022 at 05:02, Ulitzer95 said:

Interesting.

Great Insight. Queen had one in 2018, so he very well may last another several years.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Grimgrass said:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/12/23/national/emperor-akihito-89th-birthday/

New article. His condition has improved since heart failure diagnosis. One to drop next year?

After hearing his improvement and seeing that recent photo (also seen it on another article dated as 8th December), I’d now have to agree he deserves to be discarded alongside sensible drops Law, Crosby, Gambon and Berlusconi. 

• Like 5

An article about the emperor's vacation last week. (non-English source)

• Like 1

On 24/12/2022 at 04:07, The Daredevil said:

After hearing his improvement and seeing that recent photo (also seen it on another article dated as 8th December), I’d now have to agree he deserves to be discarded alongside sensible drops Law, Crosby, Gambon and Berlusconi. 

Sorry, really not trying to call you out, but your comment has not aged well at all.

• Haha 16

Looks like poor Denis Law’s fate has been sealed then…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

New article on Michiko's 89th birthday.

According to aides, "[Akihito] is concerned about the health condition of his wife, whose psychical strength is deteriorating".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, polar duck said:

New article on Michiko's 89th birthday.

According to aides, "[Akihito] is concerned about the health condition of his wife, whose psychical strength is deteriorating".

From what I've been told, the domestic Japanese media seems to be much more interested in her condition than her husband's. He's probably going to live for quite a while yet, but I don't think terribly longer for her, maybe a year or two.

• Like 2