Paul Bearer

Richard Wilson

Worth his own thread though?

• Like 1

When asking that question, I always think to myself "Could I see this person on the Deathlist themselves?" If the answer is yes, then they tend to be worth their own thread. If not, well, they're Super Gran.

I could certainly see Richard Wilson on the Deathlist front page.

• Like 3

Even though he has suffered a heart attack i don't see him going anywhere soon. I mean he is in a stable condition so it could have been a minor one.

When asking that question, I always think to myself "Could I see this person on the Deathlist themselves?" If the answer is yes, then they tend to be worth their own thread. If not, well, they're Super Gran.

I could see Richard Wilson on the Death List. He would be a great number 50. (No I am not suggesting his consideration for next year, but he is the kind of person who is suited to the number 50 role, like Clive Dunn)

• Like 2

I could see Richard Wilson on the Death List. He would be a great number 50. (No I am not suggesting his consideration for next year, but he is the kind of person who is suited to the number 50 role, like Clive Dunn)

Depends on whether he retires. If he carries on he could do a Tommy Cooper.

Update from The Mirror

One Foot in the Grave star Richard Wilson suffered a serious head injury in a fall after his heart attack , it was revealed last night.

The actor, 80, was left fighting for his life in hospital .

Sources said Richard had a “really nasty fall and hit his head”.

He was placed in intensive care and is now stable but very ill in a serious condition.

Update from The Mirror

One Foot in the Grave star Richard Wilson suffered a serious head injury in a fall after his heart attack , it was revealed last night.

The actor, 80, was left fighting for his life in hospital .

Sources said Richard had a “really nasty fall and hit his head”.

He was placed in intensive care and is now stable but very ill in a serious condition.

oh no, it looks like it might be more serious than first thought. hope he isn't brain damaged or anything :(

Shouldn't the sub title be two feet in the grave?

Deathray, see initial post.

Rocky (I can call you Rocky, can't I?) sub line changed.

You can Mr Bearer and thank you.

You can Mr Bearer and thank you.

Cheers Rocky, you can call me Paul (although I've sometimes been called worse;-) )

The mail and others now using the phrase fivhting for his life.I reckon he is on life support.How else can you be stable yet seriously ill?

The mail and others now using the phrase fivhting for his life.I reckon he is on life support.How else can you be stable yet seriously ill?

Medical term for 'no change'?

Papers always use the phrase "fighting for his life" when somebody is in hospital. Though they never say who the opponent is...

Papers always use the phrase "fighting for his life" when somebody is in hospital. Though they never say who the opponent is...

The opponent is always The Grim Reaper.

They don't use the phrase "fighting for his life" if the person in hospital is a woman, otherwise that would be incorrect.

They don't use the phrase "fighting for his life" if the person in hospital is a woman, otherwise that would be incorrect.

Or to quote Oscar Pistorius, "farting for my laugh".

• Like 4

it has to be said the Daily Mail is not the most reliable source. I'll only believe it's that b ad if the BBC or Sky report it .For now I don't believe it !

• Like 2

Agree with those who have said he would be a great number 50 and would be a good candidate for the list even as early as next year - that is if he makes it that long!

That one went over my head at first!

Had a heart attack aged 80. Victor Meldrew actor Richard Wilson suffers heart attack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-37056850

he's very famous in the UK.

For......??

Sitcom actor. One Foot in the Grave, widely considered one of the best British sitcoms. He played a world weary OAP who gets pensioned off and has a black humour outlook on life. His catchphrase is "I don't believe it", which is funnier in context. When Meldrew, his character, died, it got a front page obituary in some newspapers, and fan pilgrimages to the "scene" of the moment, so lord knows what'll happen when the actor actually dies.

Incidentally, the wife adds that if you watch any one episode of One Foot, you'll basically see me portrayed expertly by Richard Wilson. Can't think what she's implying...

• Like 1