Sign in to follow this  
MadMac

Elaine Stritch And Donald Sinden

Guest Guest

Despite another fall in recent months she seems to have recovered and started making appearances again. She does not appear to be at deaths door but the next fall could be the last.

http://www.broadwayw...hp?colid=603105

Good friend, Holland Taylor, has tweeted that Elaine is in Birmingham, "recovering well from surgery."

This is weird, because last night I watched the episode of 30 Rock where her character died.

Guest JaquieF

She's shaken off the mortal coil at age 89.

Rats!Another miss!

I'm sorry to have to bring the sad news that Elaine Stritch has died http://www.nytimes.c...at-89.html?_r=0 :(

Guest (Dean) Last warning. News of her death was reported 2 hours before you and 4 posts above yours. Shame I seem to have lost the ability to post smilies, you'd be getting the red card one.

• Like 8

I'm sorry to have to bring the sad news that Elaine Stritch has died http://www.nytimes.c...at-89.html?_r=0 :(

Guest (Dean) Last warning. News of her death was reported 2 hours before you and 4 posts above yours. Shame I seem to have lost the ability to post smilies, you'd be getting the red card one.

Can we not just turn off guest posting altogether, I don't think I've ever seen a constructive comment from a guest?

• Like 3

Can we not just turn off guest posting altogether, I don't think I've ever seen a constructive comment from a guest?

I'm sure we had a few in the past, like a guy who said he worked at Brinsworth House, but they are few and far between. I now say if you have a desire to post more than a couple of time then you should really need to be expected that you become a member or in the case of Guest-Guest take notice of their annoying behaviour and mend their ways!,

Banning guests posting for a short period of time is in my view a worthwhile move that never-the-less can still be reversed.

How did Donald Sinden get dragged into this?

Because they (Sinden and Stritch) co-starred in Two`s Company in the 1970`s.

I'm sure we had a few in the past, like a guy who said he worked at Brinsworth House, but they are few and far between. I now say if you have a desire to post more than a couple of time then you should really need to be expected that you become a member or in the case of Guest-Guest take notice of their annoying behaviour and mend their ways!,

Banning guests posting for a short period of time is in my view a worthwhile move that never-the-less can still be reversed.

If we're relying on people who might not even be who they say they are, potential imposters or trolls, as examples of constructive posts by guests then what the hell does that say about the general standard of guest posting?

I'm in two minds, banning of guest posts will cut out a lot of the crap posts that are submitted. But on the other hand I found it useful to post as a guest when I had a weird issue with one browser not letting me log in and the other one allowing me to log in, but not letting me make updates.

Guest pedro

due to work 'Nanny' system, I cant log in to forums at work, but can post as guest. If I do I always post as Guest-Pedro. Just saying.

due to work 'Nanny' system, I cant log in to forums at work, but can post as guest. If I do I always post as Guest-Pedro. Just saying.

I've got the same 'Nanny' system. I feel your pain. Just sayin' ;-)

Get round the block or use your phones ya pair o' luddites.

I do use my phone, but rarely go on-line with it :-)

I do use my phone, but rarely go on-line with it :-)

:( sad it is.............

Well use it as a hotspot and hook into that at work.

Or can you still send letters?

Actually is there a DL postal address?

It might explain a lot..........

I've got the same 'Nanny' system. I feel your pain. Just sayin' ;-)

We have a 'Nanny' system at our work, I can still log in to the forum though, I just can't click on any links for twitter and some of the other links that are posted.

Just buy a better internet package and use your phone off-the-nanny so to speak.

http://www.theguardi...n-dies-aged-90. British stage and screen actor Donald Sinden dies aged 90.

Odd. I just yesterday noticed they started showing "Never the Twain" on ITV3( or 4 or whatever). Must be the first time they've aired that in ages.

I guess you could say now with this news it's....... Never The Twain Again? (Maybe I should just leave the puns to those who actually got to watch that tripe..)