Joey Russ

Gord Downie

What a terrible pun for a great singer...

58 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

What a terrible pun for a great singer...

Yeah, let's keep it on this thread, then.

Biggie for me, mind

That's 7/10 gone on my HPDP line up now (Leah Bracknell, Billy Graham and - idiot pick - Martin Peters remain), 11/20 gone on my DDP line up too.

Eh. I thought he'd leave around October, I immediatley regretted excluding him from my Shadow List when I realized I forgot him. 

Anyways. Congratulations to the committee for breaking their record at an astonishingly early pace. I doubt a record set this fast could happen again, at least for a while.

I thought I had him on one of my lists. It seems i had him just on the deadpool we play amongst a group of friends. 

What a tragic day for The Tragically Hip.
Gord, I never heard of you until I first saw DeathList 2017, but may you Rest In Peace.

On 2016-09-18 at 08:19, Paul Bearer said:

We don't do 'Famous in their own back yards'.

(Cough) Lord Peter Carrington, Jill Gascoine, King Michael of Romania?

6 minutes ago, David Everitt said:

(Cough) Lord Peter Carrington, Jill Gascoine, King Michael of Romania?

I’m sorry, but Carrington is the last surviving major cabinet from Ted Heath’s time as prime minister, Jill Gascoine is an actress who is very well known in the UK, and King Michael is the last surviving world leaders in the interwar period and one of the last surviving leaders from WW2. Hm. All three of these plus Downie has an argument to be made of being notable...

• Like 1

The DL front page picture of Gord Downie looks like he was Freddy Krueger  :huh:

• Haha 1

Congratulations to the DL Committee on a historic accomplishment! After coming close so many times (2008, 2015), they definitely deserve this. :clap:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I’m sorry, but Carrington is the last surviving major cabinet from Ted Heath’s time as prime minister, Jill Gascoine is an actress who is very well known in the UK, and King Michael is the last surviving world leaders in the interwar period and one of the last surviving leaders from WW2. Hm. All three of these plus Downie has an argument to be made of being notable...

Carrington is very well known for resigning as Margaret Thatchers foreign secretary after the Falklands War broke out.

15 hours ago, Book said:

The DL front page picture of Gord Downie looks like he was Freddy Krueger  :huh:

Probably because Halloween is near...

57 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

"Gord Downie's family is hoping to organize a public event where fans can honour the late Tragically Hip singer.

Downie's brother Mike says a "private family gathering" is being held today.

He said a public memorial would have to be "something that Gord would like and appreciate, so we'll just have to figure that out." "

I read that as something like a concert.

The new album is out today. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

The new album is out today. 

Yeah I listened to it today, it's very good and the music video they made for the title track is very sad.

• Like 1

Would've been 54 today. :birthday:
Also, to make this update worthy, Downie is among the Juno nominations for 2018. Downie, who passed away in October 2017, has made the list of nominees along with other hugely successful Canadian artists such as Arcade Fire, Ruth B and Daniel Caesar. 

I'd personally love to see Downie win because he was one of the most influential Canadian artists but if Daniel Caesar wins, I'd too be very happy. Don't like Ruth B or Arcade Fire's new stuff.

1 minute ago, FixedBusiness said:

Would've been 54 today. :birthday:
Also, to make this update worthy, Downie is among the Juno nominations for 2018. Downie, who passed away in October 2017, has made the list of nominees along with other hugely successful Canadian artists such as Arcade Fire, Ruth B and Daniel Caesar. 

I'd personally love to see Downie win because he was one of the most influential Canadian artists but if Daniel Caesar wins, I'd too be very happy. Don't like Ruth B or Arcade Fire's new stuff.

Isn't a happy birthday for him.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sean said:

Isn't a happy birthday for him.

Eh, was supposed to be ironic in a sense but since that's all I could find for a birthday emoticon. Maybe it'd be better with nothing at all there...

2 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Eh, was supposed to be ironic in a sense but since that's all I could find for a birthday emoticon. Maybe it'd be better with nothing at all there...

old happy birthday GIF by Birthday Bot:lol:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

old happy birthday GIF by Birthday Bot:lol:

Thank you :lol:

• Like 1