Joey Russ

Gord Downie

Was just searching twitter.Tragically hip and Gord Downie`s accounts have not been posted on for some weeks.An ominous sign perhaps.Also in October in an interview,he said that he had to write things o his hands to jog his failing memory including the interviewer`s name.He had known the interviewer for over 20 years. Apparently on bad days he can`t remember lyrics to his songs and his children`s names.

He was named Canadian newsmaker of the year, and that article refers to a public appearance in early December. But yeah, slowing down considerably, given he was out campaigning etc in October.

He has more of a chance of going than Leah bracknell IMO.

Was just searching twitter.Tragically hip and Gord Downie`s accounts have not been posted on for some weeks.An ominous sign perhaps.Also in October in an interview,he said that he had to write things o his hands to jog his failing memory including the interviewer`s name.He had known the interviewer for over 20 years. Apparently on bad days he can`t remember lyrics to his songs and his children`s names.

He was named Canadian newsmaker of the year, and that article refers to a public appearance in early December. But yeah, slowing down considerably, given he was out campaigning etc in October.

He was at an event being honoured by some indigenous Canadian`s for advocating for their rights.He looked very thin and couldn`t stop crying.I know it was a emotionally charged ceremony but it looked like uncontrollable crying.

He was at an event being honoured by some indigenous Canadian`s for advocating for their rights.He looked very thin and couldn`t stop crying.I know it was a emotionally charged ceremony but it looked like uncontrollable crying.

Well I'd be crying uncontrollably for a group if they were conquered by Canadians.

• Like 1

Is there some kind of law in Canada that says you have to name your kids Gord or Gordie?

Is there some kind of law in Canada that says you have to name your kids Gord or Gordie?

You forgot Gordon (as in Lightfoot).

Sincerely,

Lizzie Gordon Jones. :P

• Like 2

53 Today!

And many belated returns to him.

Been listening to the Hip a lot lately. You can tell he's a parent of several kids when he comes up with a song called Tired As Fuck, really.

If it's a good precedent to go by, John Wetton did that quite a few times before he died - stopped tweeting when in hospital receiving treatment for a few weeks, then started again when able to do so. His last tweet was 17 days before his death.

If it's a good precedent to go by, John Wetton did that quite a few times before he died - stopped tweeting when in hospital receiving treatment for a few weeks, then started again when able to do so. His last tweet was 17 days before his death.

There's another big DDP name who has been conspicuous by their social media absence, I noted the other day, but, I've completely forgotten who it was now.

• Like 1

There's another big DDP name who has been conspicuous by their social media absence, I noted the other day, but, I've completely forgotten who it was now.

Magill?

• Like 1

Magill?

The Queen - FFS, Donald Trump is lording it over her in cyberspace

• Like 1

Magill?

The Queen - FFS, Donald Trump is lording it over her in cyberspace

I'm pretty sure the Queen is on Twitter. I used to follow her, along with Diana In Heaven. ;)

Yes, here she is https://twitter.com/Queen_UK?lang=en-gb

Elizabeth Windsor @Queen_UK

• Like 2

Magill?

Looking back, it was Errol Christie, who's semi-regular Facebook posts in 2016 appeared to have translated into nothing this year. Although I now see there's at least one January post which was hidden down the page.

I noticed Stefan Karl hasn't been on Twitter for 6 days if that's who you were talking about.

Wins 3 Juno awards. That's the Canadian Brits, I think.

Anyhow, was unable to attend ceremony, but he did a video link which is at 1 min 40-ish in the video below.

He seems to be doing ok still.

This year's Glenn Campbell by the looks of things

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

This year's Glenn Campbell by the looks of things

Nah. He'll be gone before too long. It just may not be as quick as we expected it to be.

Here's a video of our buddy Gord at a Senators vs Bruins hockey game a couple days ago.

Doesn't look any worse than he has been looking the past couple of months. Could outlive Leah at this point.

Pictured at a Raptors game with Drake.

Still well enough to constantly go to sporting events.

7 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Pictured at a Raptors game with Drake.

Still well enough to constantly go to sporting events.

He looks slightly weaker than he did last time. Of course it doesn't mean he'll go any time soon, but it might be a warning sign...

3 hours ago, Deadpool said:

he is not going to die this year

Had he looked this way in September/October, I would agreed. However, it's still only May, and 7 months is a long time for someone with glioblastoma.

Hi Joey - you keep spelling this wrongly and as it's a killer disease and you are a prime mover in Dead Pool circles I'm sure you would want me to correct you. 

It is spelt 'glioblastoma'.

You're welcome.

• Like 2