Spade_Cooley

Celebrity Graves

I had never seen a picture of Falco's grave before yesterday.

Ct3rEDDWYAMmD2t.jpg

Please post pictures of other sleb burial sites, or reminisce about your own trips around A-list interrings.

• Like 4

400px-Highgate_Cemetery_-_East_-_Philip_

So, not only did Philip Gould die in November 2011, depriving a 100 teams of their DDP joker, but this is his grave.

• Like 1

I visited Jim Morrisons grave.

It was in a f ucking disgraceful condition, mind you large parts of Paris are too.

Ah yes, I've paid a few visits to Jim, and the rest of the gang at Père Lachaise.

Serge Gainsbourg's tomb over at Montparnasse is usually a riot of little tributes, too - metro tickets, ciggy packets, cabbages ...

7110725923_a6312cfb06_b.jpg

• Like 2

One nearer home.

362277_e1ad04d7.jpg

• Like 1

I can't understand why anyone would want to visit somebody they Don't knows grave.

I had never seen a picture of Falco's grave before yesterday.

Ct3rEDDWYAMmD2t.jpg

Please post pictures of other sleb burial sites, or reminisce about your own trips around A-list interrings.

Falco's DEAD?

SC

I grew up right up the street from this.

800px-Grave_of_Lee_Harvey_Oswald.jpg

• Like 2

Usually not a fan of "wacky" grave inscriptions, but I think this one works

20909851_119717293933.jpg

• Like 2

Inspired by my earlier discovery in the woods today; Had a few hours to kill today so went to Woodlawn Cemetery in Detroit.  A fair number of powerful Michigan celebs are here but the goal was to see Rosa Parks’ grave.  Here ya go.

SC

CC1352CA-A68D-44A5-9FF7-9E187B0623EB.jpeg

• Like 6

Tiddles, the church cat.  1963 - 1980.

Fairford, Gloucestershire.

1402418560_Fairfordcatgrave.thumb.jpg.7d41aa9ffa70cdafb9638130d13290de.jpg

• Like 3

Something to be said for the Fabulous Moolah having her entire Wikipedia entry (with the exception of the bits alleging, well, you know) on her grave:

Larger memorial image loading...

• Like 1

One of my favorite YouTube channels is Hollywood Graveyard where the host takes you on a tour of famous celebrities' (mostly in the film industry) graves around Hollywood and sometimes featuring other locations too.

One more from Woodlawn Cemetery in Detroit.  
The Queen of Soul - Aretha Franklin.

DEC6379D-E012-4019-9946-0F82EA6FFB02.jpeg

• Like 4

Jimmy Hogan, groundbreaking football manager of the 1910s and 20s, was reburied this week. Really not a fan of the back of his new gravestone, which looks like an advert for sports decals:

FBMSrkkXoB89Gps?format=jpg&name=large

On 24/10/2016 at 07:20, Spade_Cooley said:

Usually not a fan of "wacky" grave inscriptions, but I think this one works

20909851_119717293933.jpg

The link, not so much.

On 09/10/2021 at 09:14, Spade_Cooley said:

Jimmy Hogan, groundbreaking football manager of the 1910s and 20s, was reburied this week. Really not a fan of the back of his new gravestone, which looks like an advert for sports decals:

FBMSrkkXoB89Gps?format=jpg&name=large

Bearing in mind that that selection of badges is but a fraction of clubs he was associated with, I was curious to know how that subset was arrived at; turns out its the clubs & associations that supported the project to erect the gravestone (which also marks the graves of three other family members). Story in the Burnley Express.

• Like 1

Grave of Juice Leskinen at Kalevankangas Cemetery, one of the most Finnish 20th century singer-songwriters:

3732278323_e3e170769f_b.thumb.jpg.1bcb06e1538693b7b34c269a14078419.jpg

Great guy, had problems with alcohol 

surmanluotia.png.9c9d192e30d714ae495d81703a2eb4f9.png

Not exactly celebrities, but this is the grave of Mauno Olavi Poikkimäki, Onni Saastamoinen, Veikko Armas Riihimäki and Pentti Olavi Turpeinen, the four policemen shot dead by Tauno Pasanen on the 7th of March 1969.

Pasanen had kicked his wife and children out of the family home while drunk, the neighbour called the cops to calm Pasanen down. After they arrived, Pasanen started shooting through a window. He shot at Riihimäki and Turpeinen who died immediately. Poikkimäki hid behind a spruce, Pasanen shot him through another window. He didn't die. Pasanen went outside, shot Poikkimäki who still didn't die and heard Saastamoinen make a noise. He shot Saastamoinen dead, went back to the spruce and shot Poikkimäki in the head.

pihtiputaa.png.733aea9921f9b80a14fe8b2b6894de69.png

After this he went to talk to his neighbour. Paasanen said "Call the police chief and tell him to come and get his carcasses". Senior constable Väinö Viinikainen arrested Pasanen. Viinikainen was the last living police officer in the whole municipality.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137863/

A movie was made based on the events in 1972 by Mikko Niskanen (1929-1990), Mikko Niskanen as "Pasi", a character based on Tauno Paasanen with Tarja-Tuulikki Tarsala (1937-2007) as his wife

President Mauno Koivisto (1923-2017) granted a pardon to Pasanen on the 1st of April 1982.

In 1996 he strangled his wife Liisa Pasanen (1936-1996) to death while drunk, granted parole in 2000. He's still alive and now 87 years old.

Pasanen is also one of the few Finns who have murdered five or more people. The other are/were:

Juhani Aataminpoika (1826-1854, twelve confirmed)

Matti Haapoja (1845-1895, three confirmed, 22-25 suspected)

Karl Emil Malmelin (1872-unknown/1944, seven)

Eino Ahtiainen (1920-1958, five)

Ismo Junni (1943-1995, five)

Aino Nykopp-Koski (1950-, five)

Ibrahim Shkupolli (1966-2009, six, five in a mall shooting)

Matti Juhani Saari (1986-2008, ten in a school shooting)

Pekka-Eric Auvinen (1989-2007, eight in a school shooting. The name "Pekka" came from Albert Järvinen, "Eric" from Eric Clapton.)

And as a reward for scrolling past that text wall I give you a picture of the beautiful graves of Bruce and Brandon Lee:

Bruce_brandon.jpg.d03276ed8e827b926fe80be55f8848bd.jpg

• Confused 1

Not a celebrity, but someone taken by surprise a few centuries ago?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3