Godot

Leonard Cohen

Well, he allegedly had cancer too. It's not that difficult to imagine. He's not in great health. Gets up in the middle of night, falls. Someone's there. He tells them he's ok, just a stumble, down plays it perhaps. They believe him. He goes back to bed. Falls asleep. Accumulation of long term illness plus fall means heart gives up during night.

Substitute cancer for heart issues, and that's essentially how an old uncle of mine went years ago.

So he probably would've died in a year or so anyways.

Well, he allegedly had cancer too. It's not that difficult to imagine. He's not in great health. Gets up in the middle of night, falls. Someone's there. He tells them he's ok, just a stumble, down plays it perhaps. They believe him. He goes back to bed. Falls asleep. Accumulation of long term illness plus fall means heart gives up during night.

Substitute cancer for heart issues, and that's essentially how an old uncle of mine went years ago.

Perhaps. We don't really know what kind of cancer he had though.

If we believe David Remnick's account (The New Yorker), he was very thin and had compression fractures in his spine, which suggests terminal (advanced) cancer (primary bone cancer is kind of rare so my guess would be multiple myeloma or metastatic prostate/lung/etc. cancer).

Perhaps. We don't really know what kind of cancer he had though.

If we believe David Remnick's account (The New Yorker), he was very thin and had compression fractures in his spine, which suggests terminal (advanced) cancer (primary bone cancer is kind of rare so my guess would be multiple myeloma or metastatic prostate/lung/etc. cancer).

You know your stuff.

My Dad fractured his lower spine just getting out of his Discovery.

Six months later he was dead. Bone cancer with the strong probability that his cancerous lung was the 'trigger'

If what he had was anything like that he would have had months not a couple of years.

Maybe the fella decided to go sooner.

At least he went peacefully according to his family. My guess is that he had only recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer before he made his album. The reason I say this is because i listened to his new single and it allued to death quite a bit, like Bowie did. Anyway he fell out of bed and ended dying quicker than expected. My guess is that if he didn't fall out of bed he would have died in 2017. Sad to see such a talented performer go.

At least he went peacefully according to his family. My guess is that he had only recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer before he made his album. The reason I say this is because i listened to his new single and it allued to death quite a bit, like Bowie did. Anyway he fell out of bed and ended dying quicker than expected. My guess is that if he didn't fall out of bed he would have died in 2017. Sad to see such a talented performer go.

Not exactly unusual for a Cohen song. But I did feel the album was portentous.

Indeed

All seven of my regular listeners are likely to be treated to Cohen's "Leaving the Table" from that album as the last track on our List of the Lost show playing a selection of 2016 departees early in 2017. Of course, there's six weeks or so of dying time to go, so things might change

• Like 1

Indeed

All seven of my regular listeners are likely to be treated to Cohen's "Leaving the Table" from that album as the last track on our List of the Lost show playing a selection of 2016 departees early in 2017. Of course, there's six weeks or so of dying time to go, so things might change

Sounds fun! I like Traveling Light.

Indeed

Me too, but "Leaving the Table" shades it for the show because it's a perfect closing song.

• Like 1

Indeed

Me too, but "Leaving the Table" shades it for the show because it's a perfect closing song.

Indeed.

Indeed

Indeed.

Leaving the table is the perfect song to end a tribute in. Too many people choose "Hallelujah". To be honest, if I hear another version of that songs, I may just strangle someone.

It's taken a while to post on here because I feel really so sad. to be honest, not sure if this forum is the right stage to post It, but who cares.... feels like something I can't share with many people around me, because, well, he is a celebrity figure, not a family or friend, and now he died at 82 :(

His last Album You Want It Darker is giving me so much comfort at the moment. It's such a beautiful Album, masterpiece!

My favourite artist and a wonderful man is unfortunately gone. Rest In Peace, dear Leonard and thanks for being such a huge part of my life

• Like 2