"Washington-based South China Sea expert Mira Rapp-Hooper described the US' threats to China's access to the South China Sea as "incredible," adding that they have no basis in international law.

"A blockade - which is what would be required to actually bar access - is an act of war," the analyst for the Center for a New American Security said."

http://www.dw.com/en/china-tells-trump-to-act-cautiously-on-south-china-sea-issue/a-37249052

Can easily see Trump starting WW3 by accident.

The world's going to hell in a handcart in the next few centuries anyway, we might as well get the job done quickly with a good WW3 and a few nuclear bombs to reduce population.

(A joke btw)

"Washington-based South China Sea expert Mira Rapp-Hooper described the US' threats to China's access to the South China Sea as "incredible," adding that they have no basis in international law.

"A blockade - which is what would be required to actually bar access - is an act of war," the analyst for the Center for a New American Security said."

http://www.dw.com/en/china-tells-trump-to-act-cautiously-on-south-china-sea-issue/a-37249052

There wont be a blockade.

There will not be a World War.

Can easily see Trump starting WW3 by accident.

The world's going to hell in a handcart in the next few centuries anyway, we might as well get the job done quickly with a good WW3 and a few nuclear bombs to reduce population.

(A joke btw)

Try reading Earthworks by Brian Aldiss (it is turgid and really only for SF completists but mercifully short) his solution to a world riddled with pollution and over population is a nuclear war.

There will not be a World War.

If there is one and, by some fluke, we both manage to survive, I will recall these words to you, LFN. :D

• Like 3

Im not, infact Ive decided that we are all going to hell in a hand cart so its utterly fucking futile chewing your fingers down to the knuckles or building a 2016 Anderson shelter at the bottom of the garden just incase.

Im fucked if im going to worry anymore than my parents did when Kennedy gave Khrushchev the ultimatum.

Life is what it is, a bit fucking shit.

• Like 3

WW2 happened, the Missile Crisis happened, Reagan happened, September 11 happened, and folk are still here posting away. The trick is to keep breathing yourself, and the world tends to keep buggering on.

• Like 1

Summat I read in that book on conspiracies got me thinking. Sometimes the apparent triggers of a war are random to say the least. Franz Ferdinand's assassination was a comedy of errors. Six bombers on station, first one chickened out, second one chucked the bomb so badly it blew up under the wrong car at which point the secret was out and the other four legged it in the chaos. It was only when the delayed motorcade took a wrong turn and FF's limo was forced into a u-turn in front of a cafe that one of the last four bombers who'd legged it after the first blast clocked what was happening and - presented with a target he couldn't miss - went out and killed FF.

A Mel Brooks movie despite the lengthy repercussions.

• Like 1

Summat I read in that book on conspiracies got me thinking. Sometimes the apparent triggers of a war are random to say the least. Franz Ferdinand's assassination was a comedy of errors. Six bombers on station, first one chickened out, second one chucked the bomb so badly it blew up under the wrong car at which point the secret was out and the other four legged it in the chaos. It was only when the delayed motorcade took a wrong turn and FF's limo was forced into a u-turn in front of a cafe that one of the last four bombers who'd legged it after the first blast clocked what was happening and - presented with a target he couldn't miss - went out and killed FF.

A Mel Brooks movie despite the lengthy repercussions.

Yes, I knew about that. What makes it worse though is when you have nutters in power who actually want war: by coincidence, I was reading about Admiral von Tirpitz the other night and he was a complete nutter: https://en.wikipedia.org/Alfred_von_Tirpitz/

I see they've dropped the 'place your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye' advice.

• Like 2

And you lot thought the 2017 Deathrace a let down - someone will win 2022 by simply cutting and pasting the crew-list off a major battleship!

29 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

So, on the one hand, he is seen as a Putin Puppet and on the other a war monger threatening Russia and China.

Its all clear now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Well, in reality, they only have so much to go around.

Apparently, according to the French security services, they are now trying to influence the French Election.. ((yawn))

• Like 1