Will be interesting to see how Trump responds to this. South Korea suggests it was an ICBM capable of reaching the US mainland and is convening an Emergency Security Council meeting.

• Like 1

Just now, Thatcher said:

Will be interesting to see how Trump responds to this. South Korea suggests it was an ICBM capable of reaching the US mainland and is convening an Emergency Security Council meeting.

I "liked" your post but I am not sure if "Like" is the most appropriate response to news like that!  :(

1 minute ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

I "liked" your post but I am not sure if "Like" is the most appropriate response to news like that!  :(

Let's hope cool heads prevail and Trump's bad mood over the supposed wire-tapping doesn't carry over!

• Like 1

I recently had a look at this website when I started this thread.  It is the "Defcon" warning system.  It is supposedly run by independent civilians to monitor threats:

http://defconwarningsystem.com

Of course, it only monitors threats to America, not the threat of America...  Really, they don't seem to have been too worried about anything since I started looking so it will be interesting to see what they say about this incident.

• Like 1

BTW, has anyone ever watched this (there are similar mock ups on YouTube for other countries like England)?

Even knowing it is a mock-up and even though i do not live in any of the places 'targeted" it is rather... disconcerting.  I am sure you could reduce many a grown Aussie man to tears by playing them this video. If something like that ever came on for real, you'd just know that, even if you survived, your entire world was about to change forever.

EDIT:  Here's the Pommy one for all you morbid DeathList souls:

Am I meant to sit and watch while I get over the trauma of normal programming being suspended? Jeez what if they've cancelled Eastenders (would be interesting if it happened during Casualty though).

Anyway I prefer this:

• Like 1

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Interesting.

• Like 1

For some reason, this thread reminds me of Jonathan Watson's sketch on Sky's view of the Old Firm game...

"And if he celebrates in front of the Rangers fans, wont that really incite them....hopefully?"

• Like 1

The most disturbing aspect of this is the macho muscle flexing being displayed on all sides. Most folk on the planet just want to get by,but our leaders (elected and otherwise) seem intent on poking each other with sharp sticks. When North Korea eventually develop a nuclear capability then all bets will be off and the U.S. may live to regret making threats.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

I Wonder when the Western empires die off will the world yet again go into a Dark Ages again, but this time it is a Islamic religious group instead of the Catholic Church which will ´rule´ the world? The Inquisition will seem like a holiday compared to Sharia Law. Yikes!

Cheerful:  

"The DEFCON Warning System believes that war in Korea is an eventuality unless there is momentous change to the path the countries are on."

It then goes on to describe the course it would run....

http://defconwarningsystem.com/2017/03/25/what-a-korean-war-could-look-like/

On 3/22/2017 at 09:33, Davey Jones' Locker said:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/20/world-war-3-scientists-to-simulate-nuclear-bomb-going-off-in-new-york-6521225/

I hope they calculate the number of celebs in New York impacted for us....

Even more interesting than this informative article is the one under it showing the various meals, starting with the MacDonald´s Happy Meal, that parents in one primary school send with their children for lunch.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Even more interesting than this informative article is the one under it showing the various meals, starting with the MacDonald´s Happy Meal, that parents in one primary school send with their children for lunch.  

:puke: 

• Like 1

Today's dispatch:

"The South and East China Seas have become a prime destination for military ships and U.S. diplomatic tensions are at a level of intensity not felt since the coldest days of the Cold War. It would be foolish, therefore, to dismiss warnings or fears of World War 3 in the next few years.  Any major conflict that breaks out now could escalate to a World War 3 scenario. These are hardly the musings of a few conspiracy theorists or eccentrics. The present geopolitical and economic background is weak, there’s a tremendous potential for unforeseen events (black swans) to trigger a calamity as WW3."

Full article (seems to be a fairly respected investment news site, not a fringe site as far as I can tell):  https://www.lombardiletter.com/global-tensions-could-trigger-world-war-3-in-2018-or-even-2017/9330/

UPDATE:  Some better news (if anyone actually acts on it):  

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-28/why-scientists-signed-an-open-letter-on-banning-nuclear-weapons/8393330

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Today's dispatch:

"The South and East China Seas have become a prime destination for military ships and U.S. diplomatic tensions are at a level of intensity not felt since the coldest days of the Cold War. It would be foolish, therefore, to dismiss warnings or fears of World War 3 in the next few years.  Any major conflict that breaks out now could escalate to a World War 3 scenario. These are hardly the musings of a few conspiracy theorists or eccentrics. The present geopolitical and economic background is weak, there’s a tremendous potential for unforeseen events (black swans) to trigger a calamity as WW3."

Full article (seems to be a fairly respected investment news site, not a fringe site as far as I can tell):  https://www.lombardiletter.com/global-tensions-could-trigger-world-war-3-in-2018-or-even-2017/9330/

UPDATE:  Some better news (if anyone actually acts on it):  

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-28/why-scientists-signed-an-open-letter-on-banning-nuclear-weapons/8393330

The world´s media seems to be ignoring this situation. Start prepping now!

11 hours ago, theoldlady said:

The world´s media seems to be ignoring this situation. Start prepping now!

The best way to prep, IMHO, is to gorge on kebabs, take some illegal drugs and shag until your genitalia becomes too sore to carry on.

Mind you, If i did all that anyway I would be so much happier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The best way to prep, IMHO, is to gorge on kebabs, take some illegal drugs and shag until your genitalia becomes too sore to carry on.

Mind you, If i did all that anyway I would be so much happier.

You have a good point there. Live while you can my friend. Time goes by so fast and before you know it folk start to Ask you when are you thinking about retiring! I still feel like I am 19 years old inside. Have a great day.

• Like 1