RadGuy

American Football (And Other Yank 'sports')

I figured us Yanks need a thread to discuss our sports on.

Baseball, basketball, hockey - and especially football.

Cubs are in the playoffs. They're playing the Dodgers tonight and tomorrow, and if they win at least one of the games, they're in the World Series against the Indians (who I didn't know were a team until this year). If they don't make the World Series, like last year, the city of Chicago will be on suicide watch. Not to mention all the cute centenarian Cubs fans in the news who have been waiting their whole life for the curse to end, will die a gruesome, sad death.

Now let's talk football. Holy shit, the Vikings are on fire! We play them on Halloween, and as a Bears fan, I'm terrified. But I'll always be a Bears fan, as long as the Browns are worse.

• Like 1

It is not real football. Not a yank but vaguely follow NBA so I'lol occasionally post in this tbrwad

Thread closed. We already have a baseball, American football, basketball etc thread probably cleverly disguised as something else.

• Like 1

Cubs are in the playoffs. They're playing the Dodgers tonight and tomorrow, and if they win at least one of the games, they're in the World Series against the Indians (who I didn't know were a team until this year). If they don't make the World Series, like last year, the city of Chicago will be on suicide watch. Not to mention all the cute centenarian Cubs fans in the news who have been waiting their whole life for the curse to end, will die a gruesome, sad death.

Now let's talk football. Holy shit, the Vikings are on fire! We play them on Halloween, and as a Bears fan, I'm terrified. But I'll always be a Bears fan, as long as the Browns are worse.

So RG, you're an American sports fan and didn't know the Cleveland Indians were a team until this year? Maybe it's a joke? At any rate, as a Red Sox fan, I'm interested in seeing if Theo can break another curse. Go Cubs!

Thread closed. We already have a baseball, American football, basketball etc thread probably cleverly disguised as something else.

Not in extra-curricullar though. Do other sports not warrant the same sort of treatment as English football - a thread for discussion of the sport (Football) and a thread for death discussion (Time Added)? I know people often complain when we go completely off topic in the Deathlist forum threads and discuss the topic rather than the death?

• Like 1

On that note the new NBA Season begins in two days time. Anyone else looking forward to it? (and a few more late nights)

• Like 1

Live NFL Los Angeles Rams v New York Giants just started on BBC2 TV. Game starts at 2-30pm.

On that note the new NBA Season begins in two days time. Anyone else looking forward to it? (and a few more late nights)

Yes. Penguins go for the Rockets.

So RG, you're an American sports fan and didn't know the Cleveland Indians were a team until this year? Maybe it's a joke? At any rate, as a Red Sox fan, I'm interested in seeing if Theo can break another curse. Go Cubs!

I knew they were a team, of course, but because I don't follow baseball much, I had no idea they were this good until recently.

Sports seems to be a kind of religion in the US. This, I do not understand.

Mind you, I don't understand our obsession with (as it is a US thread I'll use your term) soccer.

I think I may have enjoyed sports more at school, had it not been (i) taught by thugs, and (ii) played by stupid thugs. A self-perpetuating cycle of stupid people.

I understand it is better now, though, there are classes on theory and psychology and physiology as well as the practical side of things.

That said I was a handy sprinter in my youth, as well as a cross-country runner. Which came in handy running away from said thugs.

The Indians clobbered the Cubs last night.

But the NBA is back, so nobody cares anymore.

The Indians clobbered the Cubs last night.

But the NBA is back, so nobody cares anymore.

Go Rockets!

Cubs won the World Series. If only back to the future part 2 was set 1 year later...

My school might get cancelled tomorrow because a majority of students and staff are planning to go to the Cubs Parade.

• Like 1

My school might get cancelled tomorrow because a majority of students and staff are planning to go to the Cubs Parade.

Lucky you. Mines out tomorrow because of Parent Teacher Conferences.

OMG you are both still at school. How old are you? My daughter is older than you.

Do I qualify for a motor scooter yet?

• Like 1

OMG you are both still at school. How old are you? My daughter is older than you.

15. I have to wait to get my license till late April sadly.
  • Like 1

Thank God. I was desperately hoping he isn't a teacher.

• Like 3

Also 15. I thought you knew... I thought everybody knew. I'll just take this as a sign that I'm way more mature than MorbidKid and therefore many assumed I'm an adult. Don't mind it at all.

• Like 2

Don't worry. I'm trying to mature as a poster as much as I'm trying to mature in real life ;)

Don't worry. I'm trying to mature as a poster as much as I'm trying to mature in real life ;)

I think this is good news being is dick seems almost compulsory for 15 year olds, You will find it easier in future years to be less of one (this may not be true of everyone)

• Like 1

Any early Super Bowl predictions?

My guess is Raiders vs Cowboys.

I think this is good news being is dick seems almost compulsory for 15 year olds, You will find it easier in future years to be less of one (this may not be true of everyone)

To be honest it hasn't got much easier for me.

• Like 1

Any early Super Bowl predictions?

My guess is Raiders vs Cowboys.

As good as Dallas O-Line is and how dominant they have been a Rookie QB is such an iffy prospect.

I am going Falcons-Raiders

• Like 1