RadGuy

American Football (And Other Yank 'sports')

Kraft sounded very old and slightly feeble yesterday.

I'll keep an eye on him for everybody.

Come on Atlanta!!
As a Broncos fan it was obviously a case of "anyone but the Patriots" given most of my NFL supporting friends picked New England because:-
a - They have "England" in the name

b - They do well every season! (bit like when I was a kid in the 80's and ALL my mates were Liverpool fans when we lived in South Yorkshire!)

Starts about 2:30 in the morning out here so Monday morning booked off work! (considering i'm up at 05:30 for a 06:30 start, it was a no brainer!)

Surprisingly enjoyed it this year without having the stresses of the Broncos progress and wondering it were were going to have another embarrassing superbowl capitulation in SB50!
Either way, should be a good game

Today's the big day.

Bought snacks aplenty, invited friends aplenty, on the Falcons I bet cash aplenty.

Today's the big day.

Bought snacks aplenty, invited friends aplenty, on the Falcons I bet cash aplenty.

Well enjoy the whole 12mins of actual play in the hours of transmission.

• Like 1

Today's the big day.

I hear the is a bacon shortage this year. How this doesn't detract from your day.

Today's the big day.

Probably worth recording it, turning off all media then watching it skipping the ads, stoppages, etc etc.

• Like 1

Today's the big day.

Probably worth recording it, turning off all media then watching it skipping the ads, stoppages, etc etc.

Strangely enough, Rocky, there are a whole group of people who don't watch the game and only tune in for the ads. Not me though. Go Patriots!

• Like 1

I won't be watching. 34-17 Pats

• Like 1

I thought I owed it to myself to try watching a bit of this Superbowl thing on the good old Beeb to see what's what. I guess Americans would respond the same to a 5 day test at the Oval as I did watching this thing. I was mystified at the whole lot of it. Makes no sense at all to me. I'm probably better off not knowing. lol

Oh the irony. In the year of America First, the Patriots look like the first victims.

I understand Trump is considering an Executive Order to cut Atlanta into the Atlantic Ocean...

Strangely enough, Rocky, there are a whole group of people who don't watch the game and only tune in for the ads. Not me though. Go Patriots!

I was one, but then they put them online and I just go shopping.

Oh the irony. In the year of America First, the Patriots look like the first victims.

I understand Trump is considering an Executive Order to cut Atlanta into the Atlantic Ocean...

I stopped watching as I thought it all over.

Looks like Patriotism wins after all...

• Like 1

It looked like it was all over but the Patriots didn't quit and won the greatest Superbowl ever! No doubt who the greatest coach and quarterback are now.

Basically the Trump supporters won. Not denying on how good the team is, cause they really are good, but I was kind of hoping for the Falcons...

Irony? What irony?

I died last night.

Third-quarter, 28-3 Falcons.

So happy.

Not even feeling bad for my Patriots-loving friend watching with me.

Watching as the rich ass Falcons owners jumped for joy as if they gave a shit.

Watching Bill Belichik look even grumpier than usual.

Getting ready for the Tom Brady loser memes.

Texting my other friends about how we love that the Pats are losing.

And about how we all would have bet on the Falcons and we were right.

The Falcons were the underdogs and they were smashing the Pats.

They were about to bring the Lombardi Trophy home to Atlanta for the first time.

and then...

The Pats scored 25 points in a quarter and a half.

They tied the game.

The Falcons could have just rushed and gotten into good position for a field goal, but nay, and Matt Ryan got sacked.

The Falcons could have stopped that 2-pointer, but nay, and the game was tied.

And the Pats won in overtime.

RIP Me.

• Like 1

I died last night.

Third-quarter, 28-3 Falcons.

So happy.

Not even feeling bad for my Patriots-loving friend watching with me.

Watching as the rich ass Falcons owners jumped for joy as if they gave a shit.

Watching Bill Belichik look even grumpier than usual.

Getting ready for the Tom Brady loser memes.

Texting my other friends about how we love that the Pats are losing.

And about how we all would have bet on the Falcons and we were right.

The Falcons were the underdogs and they were smashing the Pats.

They were about to bring the Lombardi Trophy home to Atlanta for the first time.

and then...

The Pats scored 25 points in a quarter and a half.

They tied the game.

The Falcons could have just rushed and gotten into good position for a field goal, but nay, and Matt Ryan got sacked.

The Falcons could have stopped that 2-pointer, but nay, and the game was tied.

And the Pats won in overtime.

RIP Me.

My experience was just the opposite. The Patriots looked dead early on. A pall fell over my house as a pick-6 put the Falcons into a huge lead. Starting the second half, Atlanta added another score and it looked insurmountable. As someone who has watched every Super Bowl, it had all the earmarks of a rout. Still, I couldn't look away. Even when New England scored a touchdown, they missed the extra point (rats!). The onside kick was a joke. Then at the end of the third period, a bit of life. Only a two score game. Hope rising! When they got a touchdown and the 2 point conversion it's only a one score game! Could it be? Hope seemed dashed when two long plays by Atlanta got them into easy field goal range (including one of the greatest clutch catches I've ever seen by Julio Jones). Even the 3 points would be a crusher. Then, a sack and a holding penalty pushed the Falcons out of range. The punt pinned New England deep but we had plenty of time. The subsequent drive by Brady and Co. got them the touchdown. Could they get the 2 point conversion again? Yes! In overtime, we won the toss this time (thanks for nothing George H.W. Bush). One more drive and it was the sweetest of all the titles.

I feel for you Tadguy, sincerely. We've been on the other side of these disappointments. Coming back from the dead is a great feeling.

• Like 1

Baseball season has started. Even though I don't like baseball, I'll be watching the Cubs carefully in the hopes that they win the World Series again this fall, and my school gets the day off for the Championship Parade.

5 million people showed up last year, the 7th largest gathering in human history.

Cavs in 7?

NFL is back tonight and I couldn't be more excited!

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 22:20, Phantom of the Midway said:

NFL is back tonight and I couldn't be more excited!

and my fantasy team took a drubbing in the first week.

Past performance is not indicative of future results.

South Carolina football great, Alex Hawkins, dead at 80:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article173033391.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Hawkins

Also had a notable biography, which was turned into a song by Collin Raye, and received royalties for it.

Again we have exported an NFL game to the motherland, and this time it involves my beloved New Orleans Saints. I expect all y'all to be wearing gold and black today and waving a fleur de lis around whilst cheering on the Saints and ignoring the team named after a fish.
SC
(Note: an aside, my daughter at 5 years old saw an NFL scoreboard show I was watching and said she liked the names of teams with animals and decided the Dolphins were her favorite team.  Splitter!)

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Again we have exported an NFL game to the motherland, and this time it involves my beloved New Orleans Saints. I expect all y'all to be wearing gold and black today and waving a fleur de lis around whilst cheering on the Saints and ignoring the team named after a fish.
SC
(Note: an aside, my daughter at 5 years old saw an NFL scoreboard show I was watching and said she liked the names of teams with animals and decided the Dolphins were her favorite team.  Splitter!)

Did they export the bags along with?

• Haha 1

Super Bowl predictions?

I got Steelers-Vikings. Throwback to the '70s.