RadGuy

American Football (And Other Yank 'sports')

Having seen the highlights of both games I think the Pats will win the trophy again, the Rams are good but when it gets to the final, experience counts more.

• Like 2

Couple of hours until Super Bowl kick off. GO RAMS. (Awaits flack from SC) 

• Like 3

Well, the Pats did it again. Fuuuuuck.

Honestly I'm not even mad anymore. When they won 2 years ago, I was fucking livid.

But this year I'm calm. I've accepted it.

Congrats to Tom Brady on 6 Super Bowl rings in 17 years. Now please just retire, ffs!

• Like 3

Thank you Patriots for a sixth Super Bowl win.

The area has been waiting almost a hundred days for another championship since the Red Sox beat another LA team.

• Haha 2

892177D0-16C5-439C-B32D-431D3934332D.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, charon said:

Pat's owner Robert Kraft, in the shit :)

I must've missed the detailed report, what i read wasn't quite that specific.

5 hours ago, charon said:

I bet the NFL bookers feel silly now having them go over the younger talent in the Superbowl

Fantasy Baseball season has started on Yahoo (and probably other sites) with games being played in Japan.

NFL season opener today. Packers at Bears.

Bears by a million - nay, a Paytillion.

(But actually I'm kinda worried but we'll see... fuck the Packers).

• Haha 1

That game literally put me to sleep.  Q2 I must have passed out.  Woke up mid Q3 went to bed.

• Like 1

Packers win. Bears lose. :(

This is the worst tragedy to ever happen in America in early September.

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

That game literally put me to sleep.  Q2 I must have passed out.  Woke up mid Q3 went to bed.

Yeah, an absolute shit-show of a game. So highly anticipated... and it ends 10-3? Got me fucked up.

As a sometime bike rider I'm used to the furore caused by helmets (or not). Here's a take on the same issue for followers of Gridiron.

6 hours ago, En Passant said:

As a sometime bike rider I'm used to the furore caused by helmets (or not). Here's a take on the same issue for followers of Gridiron.

For those of us who don't know and can't be arsed to Google. What the fuck is Gridiron? 

Sounds like an STD. 

28 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

What the fuck is Gridiron?

Lol Deathers it's slang for the game of American Football i.e. pertinent to this thread. More specifically it's the field of play but it's common use refers to the game overall as far as I know.

My Fantasy Football team on Yahoo died a death in the first week out, they were 5 point favourites on paper but lost by close to 40.

Last year's fantasy football team was named "Bart Starr is Almost Dead"
Of course now I needed to change it.  Was going to say Charlie Garner, but went with "Otis Taylor is Almost Dead", so his death guaranteed 2020.

SC

The Browns were seconds away from a season-changing win when Myles Garrett lost his composure in a moment of rage rarely seen on an NFL field.

Garrett tore off Pittsburgh quarterback Mason Rudolph's helmet, wildly swung it and hit the QB in the head, a shocking act that will likely result in a lengthy suspension for Cleveland's star defensive end and perhaps cost the Browns any chance of making the playoffs.

Garrett's outburst came with 8 seconds left in Cleveland's 21-7 win over the rival Steelers on Thursday night, a game that will not be remembered for anything that happened in the first 59 minutes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Placekicker Fred Cox, who was selected to the 1970 Pro Bowl and played in the NFL from 1963-1977 for the Minnesota Vikings, died at 80 years:

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-mourn-passing-of-legendary-kicker-nerf-football-inventor-fred-cox

1. American Football thread in main forum

2. HE INVENTED THE NERF FOOTBALL - how could you not say that?  His great contribution to society!!  

• Like 1

Former Football player and Manager Pat Sullivan dead at 69 years:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/pat-sullivan-auburn-quarterback-heisman-dies/12k5s3r53836i11k8xtkhs6ded

He was TCU's head coach from 1992 to 1997; formerly played quarterback in the NFL for the Falcons and Redskins and won the Heisman Trophy in 1971 at Auburn University.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

Can you please quit posting in the extra curricular thread for deaths? There’s already a thread for that topic right here: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will say, shoulda been posted in AFP.  But that not the same as my one-off discovery meaningless choir master.  Just to be clear.

Somehow, some way, the Baltimore Orioles have lost a game more recently than their football neighbors.

As a reminder, the Orioles season ended on *September 29*. They lost their regular season finale to the Red Sox that afternoon.

The Ravens' last loss also came on September 29, though it came earlier in the afternoon.

• Like 1

Reposting to better thread