RadGuy

American Football (And Other Yank 'sports')

5 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

Kicking myself this morning, I forgot to watch the Superbowl :(

I didn't. I wasn't staying up to stupid o'clock to watch it.  Highlights will be on soon enough. 

Well I picked the final score 31-21 so was off by a point!

And a team.  I had San Francisco winning :facepalm:

Yahoo fantasy baseball are advising that the season will start on the 7th May but I can't see any confirmation of this on MLB website.

Any of our Yank death listers know anything?

12 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

Yahoo fantasy baseball are advising that the season will start on the 7th May but I can't see any confirmation of this on MLB website.

Any of our Yank death listers know anything?

Not a chance.  
Not a chance they would house a team of 25 in a dugout.
Not a chance people will be willing to sit arm to arm with strangers in May.  Or June.  
Not a chance anyone has expendable money to waste on such trivialities either.  Not sure how your country fared, we are at 25% unemployment (myself included).

I am really interested how this aspect of our collective culture plays out, re: athletic event seating and concerts.  I know I won't be attending anything for at least 2020, but to each his/her own.  

• Thanks 1

July start dates for baseball are being touted around with a shortened season they are also talking about expanding the number of teams in the play-offs.

No word yet about how they will manage the paying public but early voices were saying no crowds at any games until August no mater when the season started.

Weird watching the baseball at Fenway Park with no crowd noise.

Matt Blair, franchise player for the Minnesota Vikings played outside linebacker for all 12 seasons of his career, died at 70 years:

https://www.startribune.com/former-vikings-great-matt-blair-dies-at-age-70/572832852/

He was a six-time Pro Bowl selection, and helped the Vikings to reach Super Bowl IX and Super Bowl XI.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2020 at 18:01, TomTomTelekom said:

Matt Blair, franchise player for the Minnesota Vikings played outside linebacker for all 12 seasons of his career, died at 70 years:

https://www.startribune.com/former-vikings-great-matt-blair-dies-at-age-70/572832852/

He was a six-time Pro Bowl selection, and helped the Vikings to reach Super Bowl IX and Super Bowl XI.

Hey Tom, there’s the American Football thread on the main forum FYI.

Might want to label this thread “extra-curricular” so we don’t have this confusion again? 

• Like 1

Alvin Kamara not only equaled the record of 6 rushing touchdowns in a single game but he has single handedly all but destroyed my chances of first place in the Yahoo fantasy league that I am in.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

Alvin Kamara not only equaled the record of 6 rushing touchdowns in a single game but he has single handedly all but destroyed my chances of first place in the Yahoo fantasy league that I am in.

I’m in the club as well. 

• Like 1

On 26/12/2020 at 20:00, torbrexbones said:

He helped me prevail this week - in the consolation game. 

• Like 1

As it turned out, Kamara was the difference between our teams, if he had his predicted score, it would have been a lot closer, I probably still would have lost but not felt so bad about it.

Team finished third in the league and second in the play-offs so must not grumble too much.

Now are we going to have a normal baseball season next year?

This year was a joke and not worth playing the Fantasy game.

On 28/12/2020 at 03:13, torbrexbones said:

As it turned out, Kamara was the difference between our teams, if he had his predicted score, it would have been a lot closer, I probably still would have lost but not felt so bad about it.

Team finished third in the league and second in the play-offs so must not grumble too much.

Now are we going to have a normal baseball season next year?

This year was a joke and not worth playing the Fantasy game.

I’m not a fantasy baseball player or much of a fan myself. But it’s interesting to think about and watching how it will influence fall sports next year.

It’s tough to say what “normal” is. Even if fans are allowed to fill stadiums to capacity, will enough of them feel comfortable/compelled to go out to the ballpark? 

For now, I’ll root in my college bowl wagers and enjoy EPL mornings.

• Like 1

Yall watched Curry score 62 points?

47 minutes ago, xXConmanXx said:

Yall watched Curry score 62 points?

W’all didn’t give enough of a shit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

W’all didn’t give enough of a shit

Ok MIsnormer

Tom Brady looked good in Tampa's win yesterday, could he do it again against the Chiefs?