Davey Jones' Locker

Non-British Royals

It's an ill family...

Queen Mother Sirikit - Debilitating severe stroke in 2012, hospitalised multiple times since with bladder, lung, etc infections. Likely suffering from dementia. Extremely frail for the last five years but currently impressively stable, miracle that she's still alive.

King Rama X - US cables said he was suffering from HIV/Hepatitis C and blood cancer in 2009, in ICU with "respiratory problems" last year. I wouldn't be suprised if he dropped dead suddenly, people with such lifestyles usually don't see 75+.

Princess Sirindhorn - Ill with heart diseases since atleast 2019. Undergone a lot of treatment.

Princess Soamsawali - Two strokes in 2019, other ailments.

Princess Chulabhorn - Systemic lupus, pancreatitis in 2014, sometimes has inflammations/infections, stomach problems...

Princess Bajrakitiyabha - currently gravely ill with heart problems.

Chakriwat Vivacharawongse - neurofibromatosis.

+ Induratana Paribatra - ex-royal, centenarian. Not made appearances since around 2017 when she was already in quite frail health. 

+ Bandhu Savali Kitiyakara - mother of Princess Soamsawali. Wheelchairbound and very frail for atleast ten years.

• Like 3

On 15/04/2021 at 07:45, arghton said:

None of his sister's children but Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden is the oldest son of Maximilian, Margrave of Baden and a grandchild of one of Philip's sisters.

Maximilian is 87 and probably can't attend due to covid or age-related problems

Maximilian, Margrave of Baden (wikidead at 89.

First cousin of King Charles III.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Maximilian, Margrave of Baden (wikidead at 89.

First cousin of King Charles III.

Will now be free to attend a funeral...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Will now be free to attend a funeral...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

ex-King of Greece on his deathbed with Corona. His sister, former queen of Spain flown in as well as his whole family.

So all the kebab shops will be shut then.

• Like 1

He has his own thread.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OneManJury said:

So all the kebab shops will be shut then.

The greek version is called gyros.

10 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

ex-King of Greece on his deathbed with Corona. His sister, former queen of Spain flown in as well as his whole family.

Weird they don't mention reports that he had a massive stroke.

How is Juan Carlos of Spain's health because I annoyingly put him in one of my pools rather than King of Greece who has now died.

• Like 2

Just now, ladyfiona said:

How is Juan Carlos of Spain's health because I annoyingly put him in one of my pools rather than King of Greece who has now died.

Not at deaths door or anyway that near but he didn’t look that great at the Queen’s funeral.

• Like 1

After the deaths of Benedict XVI and Constantine II, there are 10 living former sovereign monarchs (if you exclude the Andorran co-princes).

List here.

Youngest turns 68 this year, oldest turns 94. All will obit.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Juan Carlos at Constatine's funeral

001d2626-1440.jpg

There's always Juan, isn't there? :D

• Like 1

Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah, the Emir of Kuwait, turns 86 this year. In 2021, he handed over some duties to his heir, the Crown Prince. Last year, he had many trips to Italy for medical checks. and looks frail in newer photos. He was not seen meeting the King of Bhutan last week when he visited Kuwait. I think that the emir might be one for 2024.

9549B09C-3174-4860-8D22-CADCD6B9F0A7.jpeg

F0A25DC8-ACC9-460D-89E5-2F364DA82C1D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 16/01/2023 at 06:00, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Juan Carlos at Constatine's funeral

001d2626-1440.jpg

Fuck. I put him as my joker and now I’m seeing this. Im starting to regret my choice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, heiheiheihei said:

Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah, the Emir of Kuwait, turns 86 this year. In 2021, he handed over some duties to his heir, the Crown Prince. Last year, he had many trips to Italy for medical checks. and looks frail in newer photos. He was not seen meeting the King of Bhutan last week when he visited Kuwait. I think that the emir might be one for 2024.

9549B09C-3174-4860-8D22-CADCD6B9F0A7.jpeg

F0A25DC8-ACC9-460D-89E5-2F364DA82C1D.jpeg

He had four visits to Italy last year as mentioned in the Sheikhs thread and also sounds very frail in videos from late last year. Very ill and I doubt he'll see 2024.

On 08/01/2023 at 07:50, gcreptile said:

The greek version is called gyros.

Cheap deals for those on the dole? :D

On 01/06/2021 at 15:04, arghton said:

Mukarram Jah (b. 1933) Titular Nizam of Hyderabad.

Mukarram Jah, the titular Nizam of Hyderabad, passed away on january 15 at the age of 89. 

7 minutes ago, heiheiheihei said:

Mukarram Jah, the titular Nizam of Hyderabad, passed away on january 15 at the age of 89. 

Was he a Rastafarian as well?

8 minutes ago, heiheiheihei said:

:clivedunn:

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 20:40, arghton said:

1930-1932, short list with no images. Incomplete and I don't intend to search for new names.

. Princess Seble Desta (1 September 1931-) Princess of Ethiopia

Haile Selassie's granddaughter Princess Seble Desta died on the third of Janury at 91 according to this. I love that awkwardish image of her with Marlon Brando and Haile Selassie. 

Le'ul Ras Mengesha Seyoum, the widower of her older sister Aida Desta, is still alive and 96 this year. (And also has a septuagenarian child with a wikipedia page)

• Like 1

A palace of Ado Ibrahim, traditional African royal and paramount ruler of Nigeria's Ebiraland was, according to Nigerian media, bombed last month by terrorist group ISWAP. He's also "disrespected" President Buhari by not attending some meeting a few weeks ago. 94 next week