Jump to content
Davey Jones' Locker

Non-British Royals

Recommended Posts

Prince Azim of Brunei dead at only 36.

Supposedly, he died after a "long illness". What could it be?

https://borneobulletin.com.bn/2020/10/nation-mourns-loss-of-a-prince/

 

He was last in the news when Brunei declared homosexuality punishable by death... and he was a little suspicious himself...

He also was a film producer and international jet-setter. 

  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walther Sommerlath (the younger one and Queen Silvia's brother) dead at 86.

https://www.svenskdam.se/kungligt/walther-sommerlath--sa-var-hans-sista-tid/7013653

Just around a week ago I read about him in the news, he moved to live on some royal place with his son and his son's two daughters. Both he and his son were divorced. Silvia looks pretty rough in the new photos, we'll probably soon see more losses because both the queen's and the king's siblings are aging and most of them aren't very healthy. Also, there's Marianne Bernadotte.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Nigerian traditional ruler dead (there are over one hundred of these and multiple die every year), Ikenwoli Godfrey Emiko, the Olu of Warri.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikenwoli_Godfrey_Emiko

Only was on the throne of Warri (the kingdom ceased existing 172 years ago) for five years after his older brother's longer reign. Warri is a town with around 3 million inhabitants, known for oil and an unique pidgin english. Ikenwoli was 65.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Atlantic Crossing and decided to read a bit about the characters.

King Harald V had two sisters:

Ragnhild (1930-2012)

and Astrid (born 1932) who is going to be 89 in february.

 

Ragnhild's widower, industrialist Erling Lorentzen is still alive and will be 98 on the 28th of this month. He is still in good shape.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2021 at 23:32, arghton said:

I watched Atlantic Crossing and decided to read a bit about the characters.

King Harald V had two sisters:

Ragnhild (1930-2012)

and Astrid (born 1932) who is going to be 89 in february.

 

Ragnhild's widower, industrialist Erling Lorentzen is still alive and will be 98 on the 28th of this month. He is still in good shape.

 

Astrid 89 today. :birthday:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/10/2020 at 12:31, arghton said:

Walther Sommerlath (the younger one and Queen Silvia's brother) dead at 86.

https://www.svenskdam.se/kungligt/walther-sommerlath--sa-var-hans-sista-tid/7013653

Just around a week ago I read about him in the news, he moved to live on some royal place with his son and his son's two daughters. Both he and his son were divorced. Silvia looks pretty rough in the new photos, we'll probably soon see more losses because both the queen's and the king's siblings are aging and most of them aren't very healthy. Also, there's Marianne Bernadotte.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/sweden/breaking-queen-silvia-taken-to-hospital-after-fall-at-drotningholm-castle-155850/

Queen Silvia was in hospital for a while after a fall at her home.

 

Also, forgot to mention that Walther's death cause was dementia. Their mother also had dementia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the best thread so feel free to move or merge, but - Princess Latifa of Dubai? Dead or alive, no-one knows? Will the regime dare to harm her now that she's come to the world's attention? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With how much news coverage this is getting I reckon she will be married off to some Sheikh (if not already) and then she'll somehow vanish for a bit and then re-appear going to Canada seeking refuge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dead. It will soon be announced that she had the coronavirus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

With how much news coverage this is getting I reckon she will be married off to some Sheikh (if not already) and then she'll somehow vanish for a bit and then re-appear going to Canada seeking refuge.

 

 

Might've just been the shadows in that dimly lit bathroom, but I thought I saw Madeline McCann hiding in the corner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2020 at 18:43, Grim Up North said:

 

This is the lady I really struggled to establish if she was alive or dead during the submission process.

 

She appears to be alive and dead. :-)

And still pends...

 

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot.com/2020/03/the-newest-royal-centenarian-100-years.html?m=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use