maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2017

Oh, I am sad to see that one, although she had a hell of a life.

Death - local time - 10th Jan, apparently; scoreboard update in hand with 355 basic points riding on her cooling carcass

In other news - that's the sub on for my Deathrace Cup team, then

Feel free to double check my maths but I make that four teams in four figures

msc - 1079 pts

Dead Cow - 1071

Death Impends - 1071

Pedro67 - 1071

Not into 4 figures (yet) but you missed me and my choice of Clare Hollingsworth even though she was clearly on my team and on the master list.

Not into 4 figures (yet) but you missed me and my choice of Clare Hollingsworth even though she was clearly on my team and on the master list.

Aye, I didn't miss you so much as allocate the points spuriously to jk - done it

Feel free to double check my maths but I make that four teams in four figures

msc - 1079 pts

Dead Cow - 1071

Death Impends - 1071

Pedro67 - 1071

All 3 of us on 1071 holding our breath on there being no breath left in Christopher Wilkins after tomorrow. Joeyruss and GCreptile wont complain either.

Cant find any news of a stay yet, but haven't looked that hard.

Fucking hell. I'm already way down. Hoping for any combo of Sara Hankins, Sharon Laws, Jada Logan, Lisa Magill, Nicola Murrels and Mark Sims to drop it very soon and maybe, possibly, giving me a win.

Clare was my last cut/first sub. Drat.

I was surprised to see the ABC News 24 program devote a 3-4 minute slot to the achievements and death of Clare Hollingworth this morning. I had certainly not heard of her until taking an interest in deathlisting so this coverage was unexpected. I doubt the commercial channels would have mentioned it as they have more important and interesting content such as the Kardashians or cross promotion for reality tv shows.

I was surprised to see the ABC News 24 program devote a 3-4 minute slot to the achievements and death of Clare Hollingworth this morning. I had certainly not heard of her until taking an interest in deathlisting so this coverage was unexpected. I doubt the commercial channels would have mentioned it as they have more important and interesting content such as the Kardashians or cross promotion for reality tv shows.

I had some dealings a few years ago with Michael Baldwin who's death was reported hereabouts. He lasted a long time but told me a story where a journo colleague back late 60s/early 70s had shared a few sherberts with him and then led him back to the office to read his own pre-prepared obit. The point being that eminent people get these things written when they're eminent. If they fall off the radar somewhere well short of their 105th birthday - the fulsome tributes are still ready to go.

Thurs UK time the time they certify the death rattle but 354 pts available cos the rules are "local time" - expect a scoreboard update during my coffee break mid-morning!

920x920.jpg

I wish my death to help others including JoeyRuss

SCOTUS ain't budging; he's a goner in a matter of hours.

Also, I feel the context behind his grisly act warrants mentioning:

Christopher Wilkins, 48, is set to die for fatally shooting Willie Freeman, 40, and Mike Silva, 33, because he was angry that he was tricked into paying $20 for a rock disguised as a chuck of crack cocaine.

A short fuse on par with the Incredible Hulk.

• Like 2

I'll definitely break past the thousand mark then...

As for the other case, a federal is refusing to delay the scheduled January 18th execution, meaning my joker will probably be played then. Though I'd have to deal with Death Impends, Dead Cow, and Pedro still, but I could possibly win deathrace. Need someone like Sid Hartman or Ian Brady to die so I can stroll to victory: http://m.lakeexpo.com/news/politics/judge-denies-preliminary-injunction-request-in-ricky-gray-execution/article_d84143ea-c1a9-5da4-bff6-01118b49fbe4.html?mode=jqm

SCOTUS ain't budging; he's a goner in a matter of hours.

Also, I feel the context behind his grisly act warrants mentioning:

Christopher Wilkins, 48, is set to die for fatally shooting Willie Freeman, 40, and Mike Silva, 33, because he was angry that he was tricked into paying $20 for a rock disguised as a chuck of crack cocaine.

A short fuse on par with the Incredible Hulk.

Lovely bloke....not. Found this in a blog.

'A few years ago, I began to write Texas death row inmate Christopher Wilkins. From the beginning, I could tell that Wilkins was very calculated disturbed person. In the midst of such danger, I still made the decision to serve Wilkins as a spiritual guide. After writing for some time, Wilkins invited me to visit him on death row. I will never forget those first few moments. The metal door swung open. Wilkins had his head down as the guards took off the handcuffs. After Wilkins reached his seat, his head popped up. As I squirmed in my chair, Wilkins looked straight at me without blinking. Time seemed to stop. After Wilkins grabbed the phone, we began to talk. Over the course of the visit, Wilkins described his crimes in an emotionless fashion. With every sentence, it became increasingly clear that Wilkins had committed many more murders than he was convicted of. I had never encountered such evil. Trying to bring some level of some level of spirituality to the conversation, I mentioned that forgiveness was possible. Wilkins declared that he didn’t need it. By the time the door swung back open. I was ready to go. When I returned home, my wife showed me a disturbing piece of mail that had arrived in the mail earlier that morning. It was an inappropriate letter to my wife from Wilkins. I was shocked. Though, I shouldn’t have been. Wilkins sought to make sure that the letter arrived while I was visiting him. Needless to say, our relationship soured from there. The more I learned about Wilkins, the more I realized how limitless evil can be. In the coming hours, the State of Texas will try to execute Christopher Wilkins'

Well, you know...I'm reasonably confident this game wont stretch on till August...

• Like 1

I did the math cause the joint first people seem a bit off, and you gave them an extra hundred points.

I did the math cause the joint first people seem a bit off, and you gave them an extra hundred points.

Aye, apologies - won't bother you with the week I'm having but I'll sort it now

As for the other case, a federal is refusing to delay the scheduled January 18th execution, meaning my joker will probably be played then. Though I'd have to deal with Death Impends, Dead Cow, and Pedro still, but I could possibly win deathrace. Need someone like Sid Hartman or Ian Brady to die so I can stroll to victory: http://m.lakeexpo.com/news/politics/judge-denies-preliminary-injunction-request-in-ricky-gray-execution/article_d84143ea-c1a9-5da4-bff6-01118b49fbe4.html?mode=jqm

To give us a reality check the 18th Jan fest won't quite take anyone to a winning total - unless there's copious carnage amongst the masterlist in the next six days.

Ricky Javon Gray – dc, di, ds*, gr, jr*, mp*