• Weebl- John Wetton
  • CaptainChorizo- Piers Sellers DEAD
  • Death Impends- Ken Helcher DEAD
  • Gooseberry Crumble- Norman Jewison
  • maryportfuncity- Colin Baddiel
  • drol- Glen Campbell
  • Cat O'Falk- Eileen Derbyshire
  • joeyruss- Billy Graham

So we're at 4/25. Everyone who got selected and made it to January 1st has entered the official DDP competition, minus Eileen Derbyshire and Billy Graham, who has to sit out due to being the last two selected. There's a good batch of dead certs here, and some who will survive to 2018 (I'm specifically talking to MC Ren here), so let's see how they do.

Might do fairly well - top 50 for sure; but some of the likely topplers are not exactly spring chickens and unique pick bonus points strike me as highly unlikely

I might get some unique points from MC Ren, but the others? No way.

Should get a fair few hits, but I can't see the points tally adding up to much due to age/well-knownness.

Could see around half the team gone in 2017 if all the cards fall right. Already got Sarstedt, after that Skellern, Coward, Michael, Christie, and Wetton are certs, Sallis, Baddiel, and Campbell have been tottering for a while, and Morano, Kristal, and Hollingworth are Methuselahs.

Death Slam Form Guide #14

Desmond Carrington

Desmond-Carrington_2038166c.jpg

Dead pool wank fodder of the highest order - doddery, already ancient and battling multiple health problems; a recipe spiced up with the realisation that - by common consent - he lived for his work and he's just been invalided into retirement (and fuck knows, you'd have to be in a really bad way to be so unfit you can't talk into a microphone and name a few tunes). Oh aye, and it's been a major year for old school DJ deaths - Wogan, The Cashman, Sir Jimmy...

You weren't that far off actually.
  • Like 1

I thought Carrington *might* sneak onto the Deathlist but fame criteria, etc etc.

On 1/8/2017 at 10:09, Joey Russ said:
  • Grim Up North- Peter Skellern DEAD
  • Rotten Ali- Zsa Zsa Gabor DEAD
  • Shaun of the Dead- Sara Coward DEAD
  • YoungWillz- Sir Peter Hall
  • Youwanticewiththat- Chris Rea
  • Msc- Winnie Ewing
  • Time- Yisrael Kristal
  • RadGuy- Queen Sirikit
  • Toast- King Michael of Romania
  • Spade Cooley- MC Ren
  • Gcreptile- Barbara Walters
  • Bibliogryphon- Peter Sallis
  • Rockhopperpenguin- Donald J. Trump
  • JiroemonKimura- Errol Christie
  • Deathray- Emma Morano DEAD
  • Book- Clare Hollingworth DEAD
  • The Dead Cow- Peter Sarstedt DEAD
  • Weebl- John Wetton DEAD
  • drol- Glen Campbell
  • joeyruss- Billy Graham

So we're at 5/25. Everyone who got selected and made it to January 1st has entered the official DDP competition, minus Eileen Derbyshire and Billy Graham, who has to sit out due to being the last two selected. There's a good batch of dead certs here, and some who will survive to 2018 (I'm specifically talking to MC Ren here), so let's see how they do.

Just a quick little update (though not for medals), we're currently looking at 9/25 dead at the moment. Weebl has the 6th hit for his wise choice of prog rocker John Wetton. Shaun gets 7th for Sara Coward, someone who probably died later than some people expected. Grim is 8th for selecting Peter Skellern, who also was the joker for the Advent Avalanche DDP team due to being chosen first. And the world's oldest person, Emma Morano, makes Deathers the person who is in 9th place. With almost 5 months away from the beginning of the original competition, I'm wondering how many will be dead before the time of the next Advent Avalanche rolls around...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Just a quick little update (though not for medals), we're currently looking at 9/25 dead at the moment. Weebl has the 6th hit for his wise choice of prog rocker John Wetton. Shaun gets 7th for Sara Coward, someone who probably died later than some people expected. Grim is 8th for selecting Peter Skellern, who also was the joker for the Advent Avalanche DDP team due to being chosen first. And the world's oldest person, Emma Morano, makes Deathers the person who is in 9th place. With almost 5 months away from the beginning of the original competition, I'm wondering how many will be dead before the time of the next Advent Avalanche rolls around...

Ah, the current MMDP form guide - very timely, thanks

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 12:05, Joey Russ said:
  • Msc- Winnie Ewing
  • Time- Yisrael Kristal
  • RadGuy- Queen Sirikit
  • Spade Cooley- MC Ren
  • Bibliogryphon- Peter Sallis - DEAD 
  • JiroemonKimura- Errol Christie - DEAD 
  • drol- Glen Campbell
  • joeyruss- Billy Graham

Updated for Peter Sallis and Errol Christie. Just to think, if someone decided to choose Sallis as their choice for the MMMDP, they could've won actually. 

Right, so that's 11 dead. Apart from MC Ren, could anyone else be still living by the time this rolls around again next year? We'll see...

• Like 1

Chris Rea looks most likely to see out the year.Is he even ill?

And I can see Trump reaching his 90s!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Chris Rea looks most likely to see out the year.Is he even ill?

Well, he had pancreatic cancer, but as far as I can tell, he has been in remission for years.

22 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

And I can see Trump reaching his 90s!

Oh, don't remind me, I am secretly hoping that he's dead by the end of the year. :lol: 

Chris Rea is basically permanently fighting cancer relapses and other stuff for rest of his life.

The MMMDP Masterlist - with the obvious implied question; how many of these will see yuletide action?

That there masterlist in all its grim glory!

1.      Shaun of the Dead - Paul van Zandvliet

2.      Bibliogryphon - June Lockhart

3.      RadGuy - Connie Johnson

4.      The Dead Cow - Gloria Fajardo

5.      YoungWillz - Hugh Hefner

6.      Spade Cooley - Diane Torr (DNS Due to Death)

6A - Spade Cooley - Ami Brown

7.      CaptainChorizo - Errol Christie

8.      Toast – Robin Herd

9.      Msc - Gord Downie

10.  Joey Russ - Smith Hart

11.  Death Impends - Zoltan Sarosy

12.  Grave Danger - King Michael of Romania

13.  Youwantice… - Burt Reynolds

14.  Grim up North - Muhammadu Buhari.

15.  The Mad Hatter - Glen Campbell

16.  GC Reptile - Kevin Murray

17.  Drol - Richard Overton

18.  Zsa Zsa’s Leg - Leah Bracknell

19.  Fixed Business - Kirk Douglas.

20. Book - Bessie Camm

21. MPFC - Billy Graham

Will be shocked if MC Ren lasts until Dec,but if he does it will be a furious battle to see who nabs him as their pick.

Which also means another round on the DDP. :lol: 

Doubt he'd be unique next time due to that bastard Diana Rots...

On 1/8/2017 at 14:22, Death Impends said:

Could see around half the team gone in 2017 if all the cards fall right. Already got Sarstedt, after that Skellern, Coward, Michael, Christie, and Wetton are certs, Sallis, Baddiel, and Campbell have been tottering for a while, and Morano, Kristal, and Hollingworth are Methuselahs.

I just looked over your list again and only 2 people who you considered likely hits still remain, King Michael and Colin Baddiel. What's even odder is that the Advent Avalanche has more points than the Living End at this point. :scratchhead:

• Like 1

Crazy idea, I know, but does anyone think that the Advent Avalanche could break the 100 point mark at this point, since half of that team is dead already? Though apart from King Michael, I don't think there are any topplers likely to die and obit at this point, so I still think it's unlikely...

Yes, if King Michael, and then 1 of the 3 old, ill but not bankers (Ewing, Hall, Baddiel) go.

On 8/11/2017 at 10:46, Joey Russ said:

On 4/22/2017 at 12:05, Joey Russ said:
  • Msc- Winnie Ewing
  • Time- Yisrael Kristal DEAD 
  • RadGuy- Queen Sirikit
  • Spade Cooley- MC Ren
  • Bibliogryphon- Peter Sallis - DEAD 
  • JiroemonKimura- Errol Christie - DEAD 
  • drol- Glen Campbell DEAD
  • joeyruss- Billy Graham

Updated for Peter Sallis and Errol Christie. Just to think, if someone decided to choose Sallis as their choice for the MMMDP, they could've won actually. 

Right, so that's 11 dead. Apart from MC Ren, could anyone else be still living by the time this rolls around again next year? We'll see...

The deaths of Glen Campbell and Yisreal Kristal has made drol and time 12th and 13th place respectively. I'm bringing this up because we're less than two months away from opening a new thread for essentially what I call the start of the major dead pooling season. Hopefully more people will be quicker off their feet this time so we don't have to slowly wait for the next person to post a pick.

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 16:26, Joey Russ said:

The deaths of Glen Campbell and Yisreal Kristal has made drol and time 12th and 13th place respectively. I'm bringing this up because we're less than two months away from opening a new thread for essentially what I call the start of the major dead pooling season. Hopefully more people will be quicker off their feet this time so we don't have to slowly wait for the next person to post a pick.

Aye well - my 2016 pick has thoughfully continued to offer himself for selection this year. So, I could save myself the research grief and - metaphorically - roll him over (assuming I step up quickly enough)

Death Slam Form Guide #1

Colin Baddiel

Colin-Baddiel--David-Baddiels-Dad.jpg

Grumpy grandpa with celebrity son and an increasingly slight grip on anything resembling the plot. The subject of his son's stand up routines of late and also a documentary which made clear the steady slide into the abyss that continues in the oldster's existence. Increasingly popular with dead pickers and likely to be a hotter favourite this year than he was when I picked him for the same competition last year.

Aye, the fact that the average life expectancy for someone with his type of dementia hits in 2018 for him iirc should see Baddiel Sr on far more deadpool teams next year should he live that far.

• Like 1

Just a heads up, I will be making a new thread for this game in about two weeks time or so. Looking at the list above, their appears to be 11 names that can be reused if they all make December 1st, including the king who seems to be hanging around forever and that mysterious MC Ren, who I have no idea on how he survived one whole year. Granted, those two are probably at the top of people's list on who they pick if they make the starting line...

• Like 1