msc

The 2Nd Crowdsourced Deathlist (2017 Edition)

Well, you asked for it, here it will be.

This Saturday sees six weeks till Hogmanay, somehow, so that gives those who wish six weeks to PM names to me, or debate who should go on the list here. The 2016 list saw (insert finished total here) hits, a fine start.

THE RULES

Rules

1. Please send 50 names you think should be on the 2017 Deathlist to me by PM. Order them from 1 to 50.

Please send them by PM, not by email, semaphore, Morse code, Deathlist live chat, animated corpses, text messages, or any other means of communication you can think of.

2. Your 1st choice will gain 50 points, 2nd 49, etc etc to 50th which will gain 1 point.

3. When the deadline passes, all of the points that an individual celebrity gain will be added together, and the top fifty celebrities with the most points overall will go on the Utterly Unofficial Forum List.

4. Feel free to add substitutes at the bottom of the list, which will only be counted if one of your fifty die before January 1st 2017. If for example your number one pick is such a smart one they die before January 1st, then I will give 50 points to your 2nd pick, and so on until 1 point is given to the first substitute.

5. Do try to make the picks as "Deathlisty" as possible. More Ken Barlow and less Ken Farlow, if you know what I mean. Someone likely to score an obit with one of the major English language news outlets.

6. The deadline for sending in entries is 31st December 2016 at midnight. That's 7pm New York Time (31st December) and 11am (1st Jan) Melbourne time to help out non-Brits.

7. This is essentially a forum game without a winner, hence my being unsure of its appeal. It does however put the long held notion by some that the combined minds of the forum know better than the Committee to the test.

8. Who picked whom will remain anonymous.

9. The paranoid probably shouldn't send in their DDP unique hopefuls. Whilst I have no intention of stealing them away, it would make no sense: if the person then showed up on the list, their chances of being unique would be very slim indeed!

10. To keep to the Deathlist spirit, only the top 25 ranked celebrites from the current list of Crowdsourced Deathlist 2016 survivors will be used: Zsa Zsa Gabor, Rev Billy Graham, Clive James, Prince Philip, Olivia de Havilland, Jimmy Carter, Kirk Douglas, Helmut Kohl, Peter Sallis, George Bush Sr, Tony Booth, Vera Lynn, Herman Wouk, Denis Norden, Valerie Harper, Leslie Philip, Joost van der Westhuizen, Stephen Hawking, Sumner Redstone, Ian Brady, Glen Campbell, Mary Tyler Moore, Robert Mugabe, Liliane Bettencourt, Mikhail Gorbachev, Desmond Tutu, Sinead O’Connor, Former Pope Benedict XVI, Ian St John, Liz Dawn, Bruce Forsyth, Jake Lamotta, John Noakes, Prunella Scales, Bob Dole, Fernando Ricksen and Nobby Stiles.

Some names there I don’t think anyone expected to be in contention for 2017, but there’s still time in 2016 yet.

10a) Our actual collated list will stick to the "25 from the previous year" rule.

10b) As a result, if our top fifty, after all votes have been counted, has more than twenty-five of the 2015 survivors (named for ease in Rule 10), then the lowest ranked excess survivors will be axed from the list in favour of The Fifty-First ranked celebrity and so on...

10c) Since we don't know if that'll be an issue until I actually do the counting, voters don't need to worry about limiting their personal lists to 25 survivors. It'd be nice if they did, but that's life.

11) Please pick living people. Folk do die before 1at January, but there were a few cases of people dead for a number of years chosen last time.

Anyhow, enjoy. Or not.

• Like 4

The top 50 for 2017

1. Leah Bracknell 487
  2. Kirk Douglas 414
  3. King Michael of Romania 409
  4. :rip: Peter Sallis 363
  5. Prince Philip 334
  6. :rip: Glen Campbell 316
  7. Rev Billy Graham 315
  8. :rip: Bruce Forsyth 306
  9. :rip: Tony Booth 299
  10. Robert Mugabe 286
  11. Jacques Chirac 274
  12. :rip: Gord Downie 263
  13. :rip: Helmut Kohl 262
  14. Desmond Tutu 258
  15. George Bush Sr 257
  16. Olivia de Havilland 251
  17. Leslie Philips 244
  18. Former Pope Benedict XVI 239
  19. Vera Lynn 237
  20. :rip: Joost van der Westhuizen 222
  21. :rip: Sir Colin Meads 218
  22. Jimmy Carter 217
  23. Glynis Johns 213
  24. Clive James 207
  25. Gina Lollobrigida 203
  26. Herman Wouk 200
  27. :rip: Ian Brady 194
  28. :rip: Danielle Darrieux 188
  29. Stefan Karl 182
  30. Queen Elizabeth II 182
  31. :rip: Fats Domino 180
  32. Sidney Poitier 169
  33. Denis Norden 169
  34. Ian St John 168
  35. :rip: Clare Hollingworth 167
  36. Sumner Redstone 165
  37. Mikhail Gorbachev 154
  38. :rip: Errol Christie 151
  39. :rip:John Noakes 145
  40. Joanne Woodward 145
  41. :rip: Sara Coward 144
  42. :rip: Peter Skellern 133
  43. :rip: John Wetton 132
  44. :rip:Gerald Kaufman 131
  45. Monica Vitti 128
  46. :rip: June Foray 127
  47. :rip: Geoffrey Bayldon 119
  48. Jill Gascoine 118
  49. :rip: Zhou Youguang 112
  50. Nannette Fabray 112

mary-poppins-winifred-banks.jpg

Vote Glynis Johns early, and vote often.

I'll put her at #50 just to make you happy.

To be honest, I'm unsure what my list will be right now apart from the #1 choice, who I am giving it to him for an achievement this year. And I'll make sure I have room for the president elect as well. Just don't know what place though.

OK you have my list which will be my shadowlist come the New Year. I have inlcuded some subs incase any depart before the end of the year. Thanks

• Like 1

Can I send you a draft with a few names on it and slowly expand until the full list is there.

Can I send you a draft with a few names on it and slowly expand until the full list is there.

Better to draft it on a Word doc and send me it when you're fully happy.

• Like 1

Better to draft it on a Word doc and send me it when you're fully happy.

When I turn it in, do I reserve the right to add a person who announces that they're in critical condition or so.

No, the list once sent in is locked, barring deaths. That's life for you.

In terms of discussing possibilities for this list as the opening post indicated we could do -I'm surprised the name of centenarian actor Norman Lloyd isn't mentioned more often.

I think he's a real contender so to speak.

Certainly the long time ill Corrie actress Liz Dawn is also.

In terms of discussing possibilities for this list as the opening post indicated we could do -I'm surprised the name of centenarian actor Norman Lloyd isn't mentioned more often.

Norman Lloyd is in great shape but at 102 he could easily go next year.Liz Dawn I think is a must have for next year.

Still think Leah Bracknell needs to be on next years list and Tony Booth.

• Like 1

I suggest John Wetton, prog musician with multiple health issues. Oh, and Peter Falk has Alzheimer's Disease

• Like 2

I suggest John Wetton, prog musician with multiple health issues. Oh, and Peter Falk has Alzheimer's Disease

Wilford Brimley has diabeetus!

• Like 2

Wilford Brimley has diabeetus!

Check yer blood sugar and check it regularly.

• Like 1

Norman Lloyd is in great shape but at 102 he could easily go next year.Liz Dawn I think is a must have for next year.

Tony Booth for sure but Leahs situation sadly sounds quite dire and tragic and I fear she may go before 2017

Another name that springs to mind is Ryan O'Neal.

Other names to throw into the discussion - Norman Tebbit, Sumner Redstone, Michael Caine, Joan Plowright, Gerald Kaufman (Labour MP) Silvio berculusoni -former Italian pm but I'm sure I've spelt his name wrong!

Jacques Chirac, Nicholas F Brady US Secretary of the Treasury under Reagan and Bush senior, Robert Wagner, Anne Douglas (actress Wife of Kirk Douglas) and Winnie Mandela

Just to help jump start some discussion!

Tony Booth for sure but Leahs situation sadly sounds quite dire and tragic and I fear she may go before 2017

Other names to throw into the discussion - Norman Tebbit, Sumner Redstone, Michael Caine, Joan Plowright, Gerald Kaufman (Labour MP) Silvio berculusoni -former Italian pm but I'm sure I've spelt his name wrong!

Jacques Chirac, Nicholas F Brady US Secretary of the Treasury under Reagan and Bush senior, Robert Wagner, Anne Douglas (actress Wife of Kirk Douglas) and Winnie Mandela

Even if Leah Bracknell doesn't survive to 2017, someone ought to play her in the Advent Avalanche DP, I mean, she'll survive two weeks. And don't forget to discuss about Donald Trump

Even if Leah Bracknell doesn't survive to 2017, someone ought to play her in the Advent Avalanche DP, I mean, she'll survive two weeks. And don't forget to discuss about Donald Trump

Arr you think Trump is likely to be assassinated /killed sometime soon?

I think a Halibut person might kill him if he pull through with his vetting policy. Only time will tell.
  • Like 1

I think a Halibut person might kill him if he pull through with his vetting policy. Only time will tell.

I think that's a real possibility -he's certainly created an inflammatory atmosphere full of emotional poison in US society.

I think his vice president Mike Pence would likely be at risk too not just Trump.

Michael Caine,Plowright.Tebitt,Winnie Mandela and Robert Wagner seem like they all got many years left in them

Michael Caine,Plowright.Tebitt,Winnie Mandela and Robert Wagner seem like they all got many years left in them

Mmm I'm not so sure. Joan Plowright has retired from acting due to going blind which in itself could put her at increased risks of having a fall for instance.

Tebbit doesn't look in glowing health to me. Your most likely to be right with regards to Michael Caine but we really can't be sure.

Jackie Collins looked wonderful for instance until a month or so prior to her death. Sometimes you can't tell especially if they keep their health issues private.

It's worth throwing in some maybe guesses in this competition imo. Afterall nobody predicted Jackie Collins death on here I don't think and nor did many guess Cilla Black either I don't think.

An actor who's been out of the limelight a while Gene Hackman is worth being considered for any 2017 deathlist.

Other names I will throw into the discussion, US boxing promoter Don King aged 85,Mikhail Gorbachev,French Fashion designer Hubert de Givenchy, Little Richard and Burt Bacharach.

• Like 1

I can assure Silvio Berlusconi is a bad choice. He is still directing his political party and has said there will be no change of leader for a long time. Don't rely on heart diseases, they tend to come and go.

http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/politica/berlusconi-gelo-parisi-arrivo-nuove-nomine-1333336.html

Afterall nobody predicted Jackie Collins death on here I don't think and nor did many guess Cilla Black either I don't think.

That was because she died unnaturally.