msc

The 2Nd Crowdsourced Deathlist (2017 Edition)

And just like that, Brian Cant becomes the next crowdsource deathlist miss. I'm tempted to either start a thread of the whole list above or (more likely) make a post in the statistics thread and try to blatantly guess who's the last one to be gone. 

Barbara Sinatra - what a miss!

Only kidding, though picked by someone - nowhere near the list pointage required.

• Like 1

One of those names, @YoungWillz - in and about deadpools for years, but usually too many better or more famous picks to use instead.

• Like 4

We're now tied with our record last year. Will we break it this year? 

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

14/50

2847cdcaff01fd290321a07c6f7f4e3b.jpg

27th July 2017

The legendary voice actress June Foray has died to give The Crowdsourced Deathlist a record equaling hit. Foray was synonymous with American animation in the 20th Century, supplying voice roles to Cinderella and Tiny Toon Adventures, and nearly everything in between. She was perhaps best known as the Granny in Loony Tune Adventures, or as Witch Hazel, the foe of Bugs Bunny, but she was also known for roles in Rocky and Bullwinkle, DuckTales, Peter Pan, and many, many others. Her IMDB names over 300 other roles, a feat that puts even known workaholics like Donald Sutherland to shame. Foray also helped create many sleepless nights for fans of another genre, as the voice of killer doll Talky Tina in the Twilight Zone. "My name is Talky Tina, and I don't like you!" Her career, which was encouraged early due to family financial issues, began in 1929, and lasted until 2014 - an astonishing length of time - and stretched into radio, film, song and even video games too. She died, two months before her 100th birthday, and was in 46th place in this, her first appearance on the list.

• Like 4

The legend that is June Foray, scaring the hell out of automatonophobes everyone. RIP!

Equalling the record in July!

• Like 1

There's another 10 meant to be in various stages of fecked, but then again, can't count them till they go.

Only three names alive from this year's bottom ten - not even the official DL's lower numbers have been that lethal.

Yeah, you could say some of them got toasted.

We broke deathlist's record. How far can we go. 

ADIOS TO THE RECORD

15/50

gettyimages-71494763-77146c84-20f4-4784-

8th August 2017

Country music singer Glen Campbell has died after a long battle with Alzheimer's, to give The Crowdsourced Deathlist another success. He was perhaps best known for his song Rhinestone Cowboy, but also had a number of private life shenanigans which kept the gossip columns talking. After a career spanning over 50 years, Campbell was 81, and making his first appearance on the list. This is the record breaking 15th hit for this years list, an amazing achievement by the team, but more of an achievement for Glen Campbell, who did the leg work here.

PS Joey, I was just getting there!!!

• Like 2

Brucie makes it 16.

Wait, what? Bloody hell! Just logged in, still feeling hideous.

Right, give me 5 mins or so.

• Like 1

DIDN'T HE DIE WELL?

16/50

Bruce_Forsyth1.jpg

18th August 2017

Entertainer Bruce Forsyth, one of the most familiar faces in British TV history,  has died after a long illness to give The Crowdsourced Deathlist another success. Bruce Forsyth, who was born in 1928 before the release of sliced bread to the public, made his first TV appearance in 1939! After a period of life spent in the circus, pantomime and the RAF (one wonders which was the most arduous!), it was his early performances as compere of Sunday Night at the London Palladium from 1958 which gave him his first big break. From that point until his health failed in 2015, Bruce Forsyth was never off British TV.  Some of his most popular programmes included the game shows The Generation Game, Play Your Cards Right, and Bruce Forsyth's Big Night. His audience interaction catchphrases became part of popular culture from "Didn't they do well?" (always said with a grin after a contestant on one of his game shows came up with a frankly appallingly stupid wrong answer), to the inimitable "Nice to see you, to see you... " "Nice!" Into his 70s and 80s, he hosted the Strictly Come Dancing revival on BBC1, and was Knighted by the Queen in 2011. He might have been the man who went to the school what burned down before they built the old school, but Bruce Forsyth was a calm and reassuring TV face. Someone who'd always been there, just like he'd always been there for your mum and your gran's weekend TV viewing, part of the furniture if you will.  Brucie was a popular pick for the Deathlist voters, who clearly played their cards right, as he appeared in 8th place on this years list. Forsyth's death is the 16th hit of a remarkable year, which still has a number of tottering potential hits and the dark Winter nights still to come.

• Like 1

Did another check and crossed out a few names who died since from that list. Anyone I missed from that list this time?

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Did another check and crossed out a few names who died since from that list. Anyone I missed from that list this time?

Yes, Hywel Bennett

• Thanks 1

Colin Meads is now dead, what a weekend...

• Angry 1

PINETREE WILTS

17/50

Sir_Colin_Meads_2015.jpg

20th August 2017

Legendary All Blacks rugby player Sir Colin Meads has died to give The Crowdsourced Deathlist yet another hit. Meads played 133 matches for New Zealand between 1957 and 1971, before becoming a coach and administrator. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2016, and optimistically tried to cure it with Te Kiri Gold Water, a homeopathic "cure". Doctors around the world are no doubt shocked to hear that bleach and water doesn't cure pancreatic cancer. Meads was 81, and was a lock for the list, appearing in a solid 21st place.

• Like 1

List so far really trying to do a favour for voters in Nov/Dec here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aye, I wonder if 2018 will see no DQs on the "only 25 carried over" rule.

Depends how many newer names get traction. There were less crossovers DQs than I'd feared because of the strength of support for a number of the newcomers.

I could see lots of votes for newcomers John McCain and Johnny Hallyday if either are still with us come Christmas time.

I could see 25 or more dead by the end of the year, but even so, not all the survivors being carried over for next year...

• Angry 1

With just under 4 months before 2018 (already?), still far too much time before nominations open for the 2018 Crowdsourced Deathlist! However, an announcement of a minor rule change. Testing this out in 2018, to see if it influences turn out, but you will not need to submit 50 names for a vote to count. 50 is cool, the more of those the merrier, but many of us don't have the time or inclination to name so many people for a non-reward game. So, this November, when nominations for the 3rd annual list open, people will be allowed to send in a list of between 12 minimum and 50 maximum people.

This will be tested out for the 2018 version, and if it doesn't work (ie we don't have much of a change in volume of voters), I reserve the right to revert to previous for 2019, if we're still here of course.

• Like 1