msc

The 2Nd Crowdsourced Deathlist (2017 Edition)

My entry: The list I posted in the "Who should be on the Death List in 2017" thread. But John Glenn replaced by Robert Mugabe.

Uh, well then replace AA Gill with Piers Sellers, though I don't think that he's a typical Death List pick.

The reason that the favs may not be getting much traction is that the early lists are those that have been established for some time. Mine was drafted in the summer. Not a fan of the last minute terminal chasing. That is for the Deathrace this is for the whole year.

The reason that the favs may not be getting much traction is that the early lists are those that have been established for some time. Mine was drafted in the summer. Not a fan of the last minute terminal chasing. That is for the Deathrace this is for the whole year.

Oh I know, Biblio, and it does help that you didn't pick AA Gill! :D

• Like 1

My entry: The list I posted in the "Who should be on the Death List in 2017" thread. But John Glenn replaced by Robert Mugabe.

Uh, well then replace AA Gill with Piers Sellers, though I don't think that he's a typical Death List pick.

Deathlist 2009 cmme - I'd say yes. Deathlist 2016 - doubt it.

Anyhow, with 5 lists in, a forum favourite takes top spot. 2nd current held by a DDP favourite for 2017, providing they hang on till January 1st, and 3rd is... well, I had to Google her! Apparently she has nearly 70 references on this forum too, yet I'd never heard of her. Actress, apparently.

Anyone on all of them? If so, how many.

Anyone on all of them? If so, how many.

Absolutely no one.

A complete turn around from last year!

• Like 1

So with a fortnight to go, a very familiar face has a commanding lead at the top. A world leader of sorts is in 2nd place, and a famous terminally ill person takes the bronze, as it stands. Her I had to Google is still in a creditable 7th place. The aging soap star, on the other hand, is now down in the low 20s.

Am as interested in those not getting much traction at the moment (and I don't mean the famous terminally ill, I mean popular old timers round these parts) as much as those surge upstream with big votes. I may even make that part of the reveal: those the forum didn't consider much. Would be useful if one dies in 2017 and certain people go "Oh what a miss for the Deathlist!" :D

I'll probably include some of those names on my list. I'm keeping my list more deathlist style.

Oh the list is quite Deathlisty at the moment, barring a half dozen here and there. More so than last years so far, I'd say.

Also, as he's dead, and I'll be adding his sub points in early on January 1st, E.R. Braithwaite is in 50th spot as we speak. He wont be qualifying, for obvious reasons. (It's easier to add the sub points in at the end, last year it even added Nobby Stiles onto the list at the expense of...Lupita Tovar! In fact, there was a 9 person race for that single 50th spot, separated by 8 points, and 4 of those who came up short - Peter Vaughan, Maxwell Davies, Tovar and Caroline Aherne - have snuffed it in 2016. Sod's law!)

I've popped mine in today.

Seen, saved and added to the Masterlist, thanks!

• Like 1

Sent my list

Hopefully if news breaks in the last week or so, someone Steven Spielberg or Sandra Bullock level famous has stage 4 pancreatic cancer or something with a grim prognosis like that,they would still make it on the list.

Received!

We have ten lists in so far, which is ahead of this stage last year. Plenty of time left, however, to get your votes in.

The voters so far have had their say about one specific famously dying case, and one other specific entirely famous dying case, by plumping en masse for one and leaving the other flagging in 200th place.

As for that actress I had to Google, she's broken the circa 150 point spot, so I'd better start researching Google.

Does Sinead O'Connor have any points yet, cause I will be pissed if she's on the list again (she wasted a spot).

Also, I'm tempted to send my list now, but I know if I send it now, someone like Robert Plant or Martin Scorsese will announce they are terminally ill.

Also, I'm tempted to send my list now, but I know if I send it now, someone like Robert Plant or Martin Scorsese will announce they are terminally ill.

And when you hold off, nothing happens. Sods law, really.

I think I'm going to send mine later today. When Bob Dylan (or whoever that super famous celebrity is) announces terminal pancreatic cancer, please include them on your list.

If Dylan announces that, he'll be on my list...my DDP list. Hah. Be foolish to turn down 10 points.

• Like 1

Everything is sent. Now to await the moment that George Lucas is announced to be in hospice care...

Bloody hell - Dylan, Scorsese, Plant, now George Lucas - you're expecting a right massacre in 2017, Joey!

• Like 1

Bloody hell - Dylan, Scorsese, Plant, now George Lucas - you're expecting a right massacre in 2017, Joey!

2016 did take away Bowie, Rickman, H. Lee, Martin, Reagan, Prince Ali, Wilder, Palmer, Castro and Glenn, so who says that 2017 wouldn't be bigger? Anyway, none of the names I said today are on my list.

Let me guess, Val Kilmer at 200th place?

Let me guess, Val Kilmer at 200th place?

I'm thinking more Stefansson (but that'll change now I included him on my list very high as a matter of fact).

Stefan Karl had 0 votes at precisely 11am this morning. This is no longer the case.