Sign in to follow this  
YoungWillz

A A Gill

I hated Winnie the poo so fuck him.

• Like 2

Thought he is famous enough for his own thread.The Sunday Times food critic A A Gill has been diagnosed with a smoking related cancer in his lungs that has now spread to his spine and other areas of his body.Very well known public figure in the UK and certainly falls into the criteria of incclusion on the Death List.

Edited by DevonDeathTrip
Earlier AA Gill posts in Authors thread moved to this one.
  • Like 2

Thought he is famous enough for his own thread.The Sunday Times food critic A A Gill has been diagnosed with a smoking related cancer in his lungs that has now spread to his spine and other areas of his body.Very well known public figure in the UK and certainly falls into the criteria of incclusion on the Death List.

A bit of a result for the DL 'committee' should he still be around for 2017.

They are like the proverbial tramp on a sandwich when it comes to easy peasy picks.

• Like 1

I think he'll last ten days before the Advent Avalanche Deadpool happens, and hopefully the rest of the year

• Like 1

Sounds like the food critic should have been a bit more critical of Big Tobacco... :(

• Like 1

Sounds like the food critic should have been a bit more critical of Big Tobacco... :(

Well he did quit 15 years ago and probably found it harder to give up smoking being a recovering alcoholic.I wonder if he will start drinking again .I would.Apparently the chemo has shrunk some of the tumours and with only 42 days to go he should still be around then.The odds of him surviving 2017 are very slim though.Wonder if he will be number 1 next year.

• Like 1

He was quite disparaging about The Isle of Man a few years ago. That's all I really know about him.

Always struck me as a bit of a snidey prick.

• Like 1

If you read his Wikipedia biography all he does is slag off different peoples and places like the Welsh and the Manx people and generally get himself into trouble by being politically incorrect and pissing people off.

Personally I think he'd be a good pick for 2017 - hope that the committee doesn't do a Howard Marks again and makes the sensible choice. That soap actress whose name I keep forgetting who has lung cancer, AA Gill and prog rock musician John Wetton are three absolute musts for 2017. Why the committee leaves good picks off I'll never know...

Always struck me as a bit of a snidey prick.

Same.A good writer but very sneering and arrogant.

I always thought this summed him up.

"In the range of things you can be good at, being a food or TV critic is not way up there," he says. "It's not like being a marvellous doctor or even, probably, a very good gardener. But it's a talent and I'm quite good at it. Can anyone do it? Is everyone's opinion worth the same? No. My opinion is worth more than other people's. Of course that's a horrendously arrogant thing to say, but that is the nature and basis of criticism. If you are sticking your opinions in front of two million readers every Sunday, then you have to believe that your opinion is worth more."

• Like 1

Winner, Gill... perhaps ingesting inhuman amounts of semen ejaculated into your soup by chefs in restaurants around the country is a carcinogen?

• Like 4

Winner, Gill... perhaps ingesting inhuman amounts of semen ejaculated into your soup by chefs in restaurants around the country is a carcinogen?

Nah, it's pure protein and I'd be dead now if it were a carcinogen.

• Like 2

To be fair Spadey, cum never killed Linda Lovelace.

If you read his Wikipedia biography all he does is slag off different peoples and places like the Welsh and the Manx people and generally get himself into trouble by being politically incorrect and pissing people off.

Personally I think he'd be a good pick for 2017 - hope that the committee doesn't do a Howard Marks again and makes the sensible choice. That soap actress whose name I keep forgetting who has lung cancer, AA Gill and prog rock musician John Wetton are three absolute musts for 2017. Why the committee leaves good picks off I'll never know...

Leah Bracknell

• Like 1

Well if spunk gives you cancer then my bedroom curtains should be Number One on the Deathlist selections next year.

• Like 9

Spunk is only dangerous if it comes from someone with a nastySTD.Still I am sure HIV wouldnt worry him at this stage.

Interesring trivia:He was previously married to home secretary Amber Rudd and is the father of her children.

Leah Bracknell

Why do I always keep thinking she's called Zoe something?

Leah Bracknell

Why do I always keep thinking she's called Zoe something?

Because that's the character she played