Sign in to follow this  
YoungWillz

A A Gill

Appearance from the 31st October 2016.

Looks well enough but visibly much thinner!

Did you rule out medicine at an early age Shaun?

What I meant is that he doesnt look particular unwell here.Slightly craggier voice and clearly lost a good stone or two but if I didnt know he was so ill I wouldnt have guessed.I mean he looks better than Robin Gibb did when he was a few months from death.

Ah Gibb Vs Megrahi, those were the days.

Appearance from the 31st October 2016.

Looks well enough but visibly much thinner!

Did you rule out medicine at an early age Shaun?

What I meant is that he doesnt look particular unwell here.Slightly craggier voice and clearly lost a good stone or two but if I didnt know he was so ill I wouldnt have guessed.I mean he looks better than Robin Gibb did when he was a few months from death.

Ah Gibb Vs Megrahi, those were the days.
Ah those were the days I was still a lurker!

I worked with him many many times back in the day. While his writing can be sarky and mean, I always found him very very nice indeed. Terribly dyslexic you know.

Could a nasogastric tube be used to stop sickness through chemo or is it more likely that the cancer is blocking his throat?

Could a nasogastric tube be used to stop sickness through chemo or is it more likely that the cancer is blocking his throat?

He has terminal cancer, its probable ( and, unfortunately, I know from personal experience ) that there will be a stage where he will not be able to eat solids and, eventually, he will not be able to swallow even a drink through a straw.

Any chemo will be given to make him more comfortable and limit the pain he is or will be in, it wont be to rid him of cancer.

Is it certain that he is actually having chemo or is he actually having Radiotherapy?

He has terminal cancer, its probable ( and, unfortunately, I know from personal experience ) that there will be a stage where he will not be able to eat solids and, eventually, he will not be able to swallow even a drink through a straw.

Any chemo will be given to make him more comfortable and limit the pain he is or will be in, it wont be to rid him of cancer.

Is it certain that he is actually having chemo or is he actually having Radiotherapy?

Definitely having chemo.Yeah he is not going to last more than a few months.

Roll on 2017!

I remember when my uncle died from lung cancer he ate very little and was bedridden and was on oxygen most of the time but still had the mechanism to swallow liquidized food like soup custard and yoghurts until he lost consciousness shortly before he died and that lasted 5 months although he was given 2 weeks when diagnosed as the cancer was so very advanced and had been missed for months prior to that.His like Gills was related to smoking but he was 87 which may have enabled him to live longer as the cell division rate decreases with age.

Roll on 2017!

If he makes the start line.

• Like 1

Roll on 2017!

That's always the worry isn't it?

If I've learnt anything from this, it's that folk you think will be gone in days turn out to have the fight of tigers in them (Joey Feek), and those you think will hang on snuff it within days (Smokin' Joe).

• Like 1

Sweepstake time.I will go with January 9th 2017 at 8am.

3rd December 2016, because I'm Eeyore.

Roll on 2017!

He and Leah Bracknell just have to hang on in there till the stroke of midnight 30 days from now and we've got a couple of dead certs

He'll do a Howard Davies Jr and die on December 31st 2016

Roll on 2017!

He and Leah Bracknell just have to hang on in there till the stroke of midnight 30 days from now and we've got a couple of dead certs

Dont forget Errol Christie and Piers Sellers.

*sounds of people crossing AA Gill off their provisional teams*

• Like 2

@ deleted...

At least I was lucky enough to put him on my generation game list. 2/60, after my instincts on Castro were correct

Bugger.