The Mad Hatter

Gay Byrne

Wasn't that ages ago?

Wasn't that ages ago?

Nope. Just coming up as breaking news.

• Like 1

82 and cancer, yet another good potential pick for 2017...

A lot of famous people keep it quiet when they are ill. It's our duty as deadpoolers to take note of those that go public about it, and take each person on a case by case basis.

A lot of famous people keep it quiet when they are ill. It's our duty as deadpoolers to take note of those that go public about it, and take each person on a case by case basis.

I personally wouldn't bother with him right now. It is prostate cancer, which is more often curable than not.

Wasn't that ages ago?

nope the article is breaking news .

I personally wouldn't bother with him right now. It is prostate cancer, which is more often curable than not.

Prostate cancer is one of the most treatable cancers isn't it? Especially if caught early.

One of the most difficult cancers to treat would surely have to be pancreatic cancer.

Other cancers vary as far as I'm aware, but a lot depends on how early it is caught and whether it's spread or any number of other factors. One thing's for sure, cancer sure is a horrible illness.

I'm not an expert on cancer or anything but I do have some basic knowledge about it.

Prostate cancer is one of the most treatable cancers isn't it? Especially if caught early.

One of the most difficult cancers to treat would surely have to be pancreatic cancer.

Other cancers vary as far as I'm aware, but a lot depends on how early it is caught and whether it's spread or any number of other factors. One thing's for sure, cancer sure is a horrible illness.

I'm not an expert on cancer or anything but I do have some basic knowledge about it.

its a reoccurance of prostate cancer so it could be more serious.

He says they think it has spread to his back.

He has also suffered with breathing problems and had a heart attack last year.

Local prostate cancer is usually considered treatable, but aggressive, metastatic prostate cancer can indeed kill you. Dennis Hopper (the star of Easy Rider) died in 2010 from prostate cancer that metastasized to his bones. And the fact that he's quite old at 82 might make his treatment a bit harder/riskier. If his doctors' suspicions are confirmed, he is definitely game for 2017 or 2018.

Local prostate cancer is usually considered treatable, but aggressive, metastatic prostate cancer can indeed kill you. Dennis Hopper (the star of Easy Rider) died in 2010 from prostate cancer that metastasized to his bones. And the fact that he's quite old at 82 might make his treatment a bit harder/riskier. If his doctors' suspicions are confirmed, he is definitely game for 2017 or 2018.

And I'm not saying that just because you have prostate cancer, it won't kill you. Dennis Hopper is a famous case of prostate cancer, though he had it for 8 or 9 years before. Frank Zappa also had prostate cancer, and it killed him as well. I'm not saying that just because it's prostate cancer it won't kill you. I'm just saying that right now, I'm not really worried about him. We'll see where this heads though.

Wouldn't think a UK obit is 100% nailed on, should it hit a heavy news period. Was the C4 showings of an edited Late Late and his time on Granada 50 years ago enough?

Wouldn't think a UK obit is 100% nailed on, should it hit a heavy news period. Was the C4 showings of an edited Late Late and his time on Granada 50 years ago enough?

He got mentioned by the BBC, of course he's going to obit.

Of all the people I've ever seen on any year's DL, I must say Gaybo has been my favourite. Met the guy up in Dublin once. Lovely bloke.

• Like 1

Of all the people I've ever seen on any year's DL, I must say Gaybo has been my favourite. Met the guy up in Dublin once. Lovely bloke.

Thanks for that. I feel so much better about having him on my DDP team now.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I feel so much better about having him on my DDP team now.

I have him on my general list this year too. But sure, the Grim Reaper has no favourites, and nor should I really

18 pills a day.