The Mad Hatter

Gay Byrne

1 minute ago, Deadpool said:

A name to drop next year 

In which conversation?

• Like 2

I mean,... I think the comitte could consider another name instead ofor Gay Byrne... as John McCain, Tim Curry, Tinto Brass, Angela Lansbury, Doris Day,...

He's one for Xmas....

He finished chemo and says the signs are good:

https://www.independent.ie/life/health-wellbeing/living-with-cancer/gay-byrne-ends-chemotherapy-the-fight-continues-and-weve-a-long-hard-road-to-go-yet-36619070.html

Yet, there's an undertone that it isn't over, and it feels to me as if it only is a respite. I have a feeling it will be back in the fall, and more severe. Maybe charon is right?

Even if he beats this cancer the battle the battle has taken somewhat of a toll on Byrne. I predict he won't be alive in 5 years.

Here's a Gay update:

Gay Byrne has confirmed that a return to the airwaves is not on the horizon despite interest from former employer RTÉ, revealing to the Sunday Independent's Life magazine that his family have told him he is "not up to it at the moment" after recently receiving treatment for prostate cancer.  'Gaybo' hasn't been live on air since early 2017, months after he admitted on his show on RTÉ Lyric FM that he had been diagnosed with the disease and was due to begin treatment for it. The broadcasting legend told the publication that though there is mutual interest in his return from both the station and himself, his wife and daughters have placed a caring but firm veto on it.
SC

If only he'd held on for another 8 weeks  so he could be put back on the list ...:mellow:

If only there was some amusing word play to be had with this name :rolleyes:

Ah, that was in the making.

Also, a lifetime achievement awards victim!

His brother is taking it well 2A55952D-09EF-47AF-8F37-952DA5BEC21E.jpeg.dd97dff83aaa4c0264fdae52cc053bc9.jpeg

RIP Mr Byrne. Loved the Late Late Toy Show when I was a kid. Never got any of the toys as Xmas presents but there you go. 

• Like 1

Posting for Ireland really. Very sad.

What a missed opportunity to not have him on this years list. How sad. RIP Uncle Gaybo.

• Like 1