Deathray

Who Should Be On The 2017 Deathlist?

Carrie fisher is stable she was critical . Is she stable and critical or out of critical condition and stable ? She could be another schumacher .

When the DL forums went haywire in the summer, I capitalised on the situation by asking Grim Reaper if he would put Sister Wendy Beckett on the 2017 list. He says he isn't sure whether she meets the fame criteria, but that she would be discussed. So I am just posting this to remind him. (And it is a long time since the great nun made a public appearance).

Eh, DDT is right that the committee needs reminders:

Hugh Hefner, Sumner Redstone, QE II, Ginger Baker, Gina Lollobrigida, Helmut Kohl

If they're in a mood: Boy George

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm wondering who is the committee choosing after the 25 returning from last years list, because to be honest, I'm not sure.

Likely returnees: Dick Van Dyke, Charles Aznavour, Mugabe, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lewis

Better returnees: Queen, Sean Connery, Hosni Mubarak, Helmut Kohl, Ian Brady

Other potential returnees: Doris Day, Valerie Harper, Nigel Lawson, Pierre Cardin, Angela Lansbury, Frank Bough

Recently in news for frailty/ill health: Sidney Poitier, Former Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Booth, Ian St John, Joanne Woodward, Mario Soares, Terry Jones, Akihito, Estelle Parsons, Desmond Carrington, Carrie Fisher

Really Old: Ennio Morricone, Glynis Johns, Brian Cant, Mel Brooks, Gorbachev, Honor Blackman, David Attenborough, Mikis Theodorakis, Roger Moore, Ken Dodd, Patricia Routledge

*Dead Certs: Leah Bracknell, King Michael, Gord Downie, Colin Meads, Peter Skellern, Sara Coward

Random Ill Wrestler: Jimmy Snuka

Off the top of my head, but within that group of folk you'll probably find a good 10-15 of them.

*I don't expect this lot on the list, however, one or two (tops) might sneak on and surprise us.

• Like 1

I don't envy the comitee picking next years fifty. Loads of obvious, go to names have gone this year and quite a few surprises as well

What about famous czech actress Libuse Safrankova. She has lung cancer and played the cinderella in "three nuts for cinderella".

• Like 1

What about famous czech actress Libuse Safrankova. She has lung cancer and played the cinderella in "three nuts for cinderella".

Were you one of the nuts?

• Like 1

In no particular order I see the following going in 2017 (maybe one in 2016, though time is a ticking): Kirk Douglas, Della Reese, Charlie Sheen, Colin Firth, Olivia de Havilland, Billy Graham, Herman Wouk, Bob Dole, Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush, Barbara Bush, Fats Domino, Desmond Tutu, Glenn Campbell, Steven Hawking, Jake Lamotta, King Michael of Romania, Greg Allman, Chas Bono, Rodney Alcala (Serial Killer), Carrie Fisher, Shannon Doherty, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jerry Lewis, Ozzie Osbourne and Robert Mugabe,

Ok so there were 16 new entries on this list.If the committee wants the same number next year here are my suggestions:

1)Leah Bracknell

2)Tony Booth

3)Peter Skellern

4)King Michael of Romania

5)Clare Hollingworth

6)David Rockefeller

7)Sheila Mercier

8)Sir Peter Hall

9)Nobby Stiles

10)Ray Wilson (Football)

11)Peter Sarstedt

12)Sir Colin Meads

13)Glynis Johns

14)Gerd Muller

15)Martin Peters

16)Sara Coward:Some discussion about her fame level but she is a 100% dead cert for a UK obit in most of the major news outlets and would be if her illness was a secret.

Other serious contenders to be put on the list for the first time in 2017:Terry Jones Jill Gascoine Nick Boles Betty White Carol Channing Lilianne Bettencourt Baroness Trumpington Douglas Hurd David Waddington Walter Mondale Carl Reiner Mel Brooks Honor Blackman June Whitfield June Spencer Diana Athill Jeremy Hutchinson Joanne Woodward Joni Mitchell Mary Wilson Clarissa Eden George P Schultz Marge Champion Diana Serra Carey Norman Lloyd Brunhilde Pomsel Tim Curry Tim Healy Liz Dawn Kenneth Cope Roger Bannister Eileen Derbyshire Geoffrey Bayldon Gudrun Ure Sir John Hurt and Richard Wilson.

I would like to see more musicians on Deathlist next year, so here's my list of people who might not make 2018

Ginger Baker

John Wetton

Willie Nelson (first three are from Creep)

Brian Wilson

Chuck Berry

Little Richard

Outside bets but still possible

Keith Richards

Bob Dylan

Gregg Allman

Jimmy Page

Shane McGowan

I know. Don't trust druggies (look at Gasciogne) but some of these must be on their last legs.

• Like 1

A name mentioned on a few TCS last year which I liked and feels Deathlisty in a way, but unlikely to see traction anywhere due to too much competition: Michael Lonsdale. I keep forgetting he's still about, haven't seen him do anything in ages.

Hugo Drax from Moonraker, the chap hunting the Jackal in Day of the Jackal, etc before anyone asks.

You could also select Joey Russ's favorite: Ozzy Osbourne. Going to be number 50 in my shadow list next year

Carrie Fisher is a bad choiche. She will survive and go on for years (without deserving it).

I hope she is and proves everyone wrong.Who are you to say she doesnt deserve to?Yes she has not lived a healthy lifestyle but she has struggled with mental health issues for many years which I dont think you can dismiss.She sorted her life out and I respect her for that.

Aye, since when did deserving it - karmic or otherwise - have owt to do with the highly scientific art of dead pool selection?

• Like 1

Ok so there were 16 new entries on this list.If the committee wants the same number next year here are my suggestions:

1)Leah Bracknell

2)Tony Booth

3)Peter Skellern

5)Clare Hollingworth

6)David Rockefeller

7)Sheila Mercier

8)Sir Peter Hall

9)Nobby Stiles

10)Ray Wilson (Football)

11)Peter Sarstedt

12)Sir Colin Meads

13)Glynis Johns

14)Gerd Muller

15)Martin Peters

16)Sara Coward:Some discussion about her fame level but she is a 100% dead cert for a UK obit in most of the major news outlets and would be if her illness was a secret.

Other serious contenders to be put on the list for the first time in 2017:Terry Jones Jill Gascoine Nick Boles Betty White Carol Channing Lilianne Bettencourt Baroness Trumpington Douglas Hurd David Waddington Walter Mondale Carl Reiner Mel Brooks Honor Blackman June Whitfield June Spencer Diana Athill Jeremy Hutchinson Joanne Woodward Joni Mitchell Mary Wilson Clarissa Eden George P Schultz Marge Champion Diana Serra Carey Norman Lloyd Brunhilde Pomsel Tim Curry Tim Healy Liz Dawn Kenneth Cope Roger Bannister Eileen Derbyshire Geoffrey Bayldon Gudrun Ure Sir John Hurt and Richard Wilson.

Kenny Sansome may be a better footy pick than the ones above:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2126156/ex-england-star-kenny-sansom-may-lose-his-foot-to-infection-as-he-struggles-to-beat-the-booze/

1)Leah Bracknell

2)Tony Booth

3)Peter Skellern

5)Clare Hollingworth

6)David Rockefeller

7)Sheila Mercier

8)Sir Peter Hall

9)Nobby Stiles

10)Ray Wilson (Football)

11)Peter Sarstedt

12)Sir Colin Meads

13)Glynis Johns

14)Gerd Muller

15)Martin Peters

Kenny Sansome may be a better footy pick than the ones above:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2126156/ex-england-star-kenny-sansom-may-lose-his-foot-to-infection-as-he-struggles-to-beat-the-booze/

Aye indeed he would be a good bet.Would also be a good pick for my Fantasy Football deadpool.

Maybe we should just put Carrie Fisher on at number 50 if we get no more updates this week?I mean she may survive this heart attack but she was in cardiac arrest for a long time and is rumoured to be on a ventilator.Also the lack of updates is concerning,Furthermore if she did in fact have a massive heart attack then presumably she will need extensive heart surgery which she won`t be able to have if she is reliant on life support and/or has brain damage.My rationale is just put her at the bottom of the list and if (as I hope) she recovers just take her off next year.Would be more embarrassing to leave her off the list and have her die in early January than to put her on at the bottom of the list and not get a hit.

• Like 1

ok, i suggest to the comitee to...

KEEP THIS 25 names:

1- Olivia De Havilland

2- Billy Graham

3- Herman Wouk

4- Javier Perez de Cuellar

5- Richard Adams

6- Kirk Douglas

7- Peter Sallis

8- Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh

9- Peter Carrington

10- Clive James

11- Bob Dole

12- Jimmy Carter

13- George H w. Bush

14 - Henry Kissinger

15 - Vera Lynn

16 - Stan Lee

17- Jake Lamotta

18 - Jacques Chirac

19 - Stephen Hawking

20 - Paul Gascoigne

21- Bruce Forsyth

22- Joost Van Westhuizen

23 - Fats Domino

24 - Glen Campbell

25- Denis Norden

Bring back:

26- Helmut Khol

27- Doris Day

28- Chuck Berry

29- Charles Aznavour

30- Michael Douglas

31- Queen Elizabeth II

32 - Ozzy Osbourne

33- Angela Lansbury

34- David Rockefeller

35- Diego Maradona

New Entry:

35- Avram Noam chomsky

36- Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI

37- Pope Francis

36 - Edinson Arantes do Nascimento (a.k.a. Pele')

Olivia De Havilland

You could also select Joey Russ's favorite: Ozzy Osbourne. Going to be number 50 in my shadow list next year

Self referential posts! Mmm, are you actually Sir C? :sherlock:

• Like 2

Seen very little updates on Rick Davies health since Supertramp cancelled 2015/2016 tour due to his Myeloma. Outsider for the list ?

Self referential posts! Mmm, are you actually Sir C? :sherlock:

Or Bob Dole? Tony Iommi would be a better DL candidate than Ozzy.

Seen very little updates on Rick Davies health since Supertramp cancelled 2015/2016 tour due to his Myeloma. Outsider for the list ?

He's going to be a cult pick on a lot of top 20 sides in next years DDP, imo.

That's 17 spots, meaning the last eight returnees from 2016 will be eight from the following thirteen:

1. 17 3 James Randi 88 Magician / Skeptic
  2. 18 2 Lord (Peter) Carrington 97 UK Politician
  3. 20 27 4 Bob Dole 93 Politican
  4. 22 1 Prunella Scales 84 Sybil Fawlty
  5. 23 1 Jimmy Carter 92 Ex US President
  6. 24 34 5 Henry Kissinger 93 Diplomat
  7. 32 8 Fats Domino 88 Singer
  8. 37 3 Stan Lee 94 Marvel comics
  9. 41 33 4 Denis Norden 94 Comic / TV Presenter
  10. 43 1 Jimmy Greaves 76 Footballer / pundit
  11. 47 3 Stephen Hawking 74 Theoretical Physicist
  12. 49 1 John Noakes 82 Blue Peter Presenter

That'll be 8 from 12 now then.

Well then. Not sure to go with Greaves or Kissinger to replace Adams. I'll think about it.

A name mentioned on a few TCS last year which I liked and feels Deathlisty in a way, but unlikely to see traction anywhere due to too much competition: Michael Lonsdale. I keep forgetting he's still about, haven't seen him do anything in ages.

Hugo Drax from Moonraker, the chap hunting the Jackal in Day of the Jackal, etc before anyone asks.

Still active, won an award a few years back for his turn in the superb Of Gods And Men

• Like 1