Deathray

Who Should Be On The 2017 Deathlist?

Has anyone thought of adding Richard O'Sullivan?

nope.

John Newman should not be underestimated remember he is 27 next year. Also do not underestimate Stefan Karl Stassfanson lazy town was very popular in its hay day and the guy has become a meme.

Stefan Karl Stassfanson

Who? ;)

• Like 1

I would include more women and more Germans.

Women:

Estelle Parsons

Gina Lollobrigida

Danielle Darrieux

Jackie Stallone

Betty White

Germans:

Helmut Kohl

Gunther von Hagens

Benedict XVI

Hans-Jochen Vogel

Jürgen Habermas

• Like 1

Women:

Estelle Parsons

Gina Lollobrigida

Danielle Darrieux

Jackie Stallone

Betty White

Germans:

Helmut Kohl

Gunther von Hagens

Benedict XVI

Hans-Jochen Vogel

Jürgen Habermas

women yes. Germans fuck no

Women:

Estelle Parsons

Gina Lollobrigida

Danielle Darrieux

Jackie Stallone

Betty White

Germans:

Helmut Kohl

Gunther von Hagens

Benedict XVI

Hans-Jochen Vogel

Jürgen Habermas

women yes. Germans f**k no

Why f**k?

Women:

Estelle Parsons

Gina Lollobrigida

Danielle Darrieux

Jackie Stallone

Betty White

Germans:

Helmut Kohl

Gunther von Hagens

Benedict XVI

Hans-Jochen Vogel

Jürgen Habermas

Political correctness gone mad.

• Like 3

Stefan Karl Stassfanson

Who? ;)

I bet he's related to Luke Halquinn and Joey Freak.

Women:

Estelle Parsons

Gina Lollobrigida

Danielle Darrieux

Jackie Stallone

Betty White

Germans:

Helmut Kohl

Gunther von Hagens

Benedict XVI

Hans-Jochen Vogel

Jürgen Habermas

*Good choice - A play Parsons was in closed earlier this year and she has been retired since then. Could be a situation like Strich where theater work is what she lived for and dies right after quitting

Another good selection-Lollobrigida's family and her much younger husband are already fighting in court,usually a sign death is not far behind when people are vulturing for their cut of money(see Etta James,Casey Kasem)

Of those 5 women I would say Jackie Stallone is probably the worst option since she is still active and about in public.

Not familiar with most of the Germans name's but I would say Pope Benedict is a good choice if rumors that he is frail now are true.

John Glenn is starting to become a must have for deathlist if he lasts that long.

• Like 3

1. ZsaZsa Gabor

2. Billy Graham

3. Piers Sellers

4. Kirk Douglas

5. Henry Kissinger

6. Sumner Redstone

7. Jacques Chirac

8. Peter Sallis

9. Leah Bracknell

10. Prince Phillip

11. Queen Elizabeth II

12. George Bush Sr.

13. Diana Athill

14. Ursula K LeGuin

15. Ennio Morricone

16. Jiang Zemin

17. Barbara Walters

18. Helmut Kohl

19. Liz Smith (gossip queen)

20. Robert Mugabe

21. Mel Brooks

22. Pele

23. Gina Lollobrigida

24. Betty White

25. Benedict XVI

26. Silvio Berlusconi

27. Olivia de Havilland

28. Sonia Gandhi

29. Hugh Hefner

30. Joost van der Westhuizen

31. James Randi

32. Lewis Gilbert

33. Clint Eastwood

34. Desmond Tutu

35. Glen Campbell

36. Willie Nelson

37. Bruce Forsyth

38. Bob Barker

39. Vera Lynn

40. Jake Lamotta

41. Little Richard

42. David Rockefeller

43. John Dingell

44. Emperor Akihito

45-50. Peter Skellern, Manuel Noriega, Debbie Rowe, Terry Jones, and, oh, I don't know, Alejandro Jodorowsky.

Stan Lee not dyin'. Ignore Mike Yarwood at your peril.

You do know that when you keep saying that you'll jinx him eventually

Edited to replace Glenn.

John Newman should not be underestimated remember he is 27 next year. Also do not underestimate Stefan Karl Stassfanson lazy town was very popular in its hay day and the guy has become a meme.

Magnus Scheving (show creator): I know a lot of kids who love Robbie Rotten. I have gotten complaints from some parents that he is a bad influence. What should we do about it?

Stefán Karl Stefánsson: Oooh, I know! I'll pretend to have pancreatic cancer IRL so that parents can say to their children "see, that's what happens when you are a bad, bad person". I'm an actor, so I can make it look credible. Method acting taken to the next level.

Magnus Scheving: Brilliant!!!

Does seem there was a trend lately for folk having the experimental pancreatic cancer treatment, only for the disease to come back and see them off. Vera Caslavska and Steve LaTourette being two which come to mind who thought they were on the mend, only to become DDP hits. Does make one follow the "recovery" of Geoff Fox all the more closer, and, dare I say it, makes you wonder how long Wilko's going to be around for.

How about Jerry Lee Lewis?

just an FYI for your signature, Frank Buckley died earlier this year.

Women:

Estelle Parsons

Gina Lollobrigida

Danielle Darrieux

Jackie Stallone

Betty White

Germans:

Helmut Kohl

Gunther von Hagens

Benedict XVI

Hans-Jochen Vogel

Jürgen Habermas

*Good choice - A play Parsons was in closed earlier this year and she has been retired since then. Could be a situation like Strich where theater work is what she lived for and dies right after quitting

Another good selection-Lollobrigida's family and her much younger husband are already fighting in court,usually a sign death is not far behind when people are vulturing for their cut of money(see Etta James,Casey Kasem)

Of those 5 women I would say Jackie Stallone is probably the worst option since she is still active and about in public.

Not familiar with most of the Germans name's but I would say Pope Benedict is a good choice if rumors that he is frail now are true.

Yeah but Jackie Stallone could easily go under the knife again at 95 and die from anaesthesia.

Dear esteemed committee, I would hereby like to nominate Baby Peggy for the 2017 DeathList for the following reasons:

1. 2017 is an important year in the sense that it will mark the 90th birthday of talking movies. When The Jazz King came out in 1927, that was the end of an entertainment medium that lay the foundation of every movie that you all have loved throughout the years. As Baby Peggy is one of the last surviving performers of the silent films, her inclusion would be a good way to highlight the anniversary.

2. Her status as one of the last surviving ones coincides with the fact that she was a major star back in the days. Her notability is undisputed in terms of being a DL-worthy selection. At her peak, she received over a million fan letters in just one year. That's over 3000 fan letters per day (!) So we are talking Chaplin, Pickford and Laurel & Hardy level here. In contrast, how many fan letters has someone like Liz Smith gotten? Not many, I reckon.

3. She is 98 years old so she would be a realistic hit by pure statistical probability.

4. She has struggled with health issues like pneumonia and, by own admission, won't be around for all too many years to come. So it is not only an age-based nomination.

5. She goes by the name of Diana Serra Cary. And, as we all know, Cary is the first name of the man who inspired the 30 years of DeathList (see previous post on Dyan Cannon).

Sincerely,

Predictor.

Apparently I don't know how to edit on mobile. Ignore

Dear esteemed committee, I would hereby like to nominate Baby Peggy for the 2017 DeathList for the following reasons:

1. 2017 is an important year in the sense that it will mark the 90th birthday of talking movies. When The Jazz King came out in 1927, that was the end of an entertainment medium that lay the foundation of every movie that you all have loved throughout the years. As Baby Peggy is one of the last surviving performers of the silent films, her inclusion would be a good way to highlight the anniversary.

2. Her status as one of the last surviving ones coincides with the fact that she was a major star back in the days. Her notability is undisputed in terms of being a DL-worthy selection. At her peak, she received over a million fan letters in just one year. That's over 3000 fan letters per day (!) So we are talking Chaplin, Pickford and Laurel & Hardy level here. In contrast, how many fan letters has someone like Liz Smith gotten? Not many, I reckon.

3. She is 98 years old so she would be a realistic hit by pure statistical probability.

4. She has struggled with health issues like pneumonia and, by own admission, won't be around for all too many years to come. So it is not only an age-based nomination.

5. She goes by the name of Diana Serra Cary. And, as we all know, Cary is the first name of the man who inspired the 30 years of DeathList (see previous post on Dyan Cannon).

Sincerely,

Predictor.

Dear predictor,

Who?

Yours faithfully

Paul.

• Like 2

Wonder how many music legends will make deathlist next year? I mean, Glen Campbell obviously, but will anyone else?

Bowie

Prince

Cohen

Emerson

Lake

Ah, I'll get back to you on that one...

• Like 5

Do you think there's a chance that Carl Palmer with die, soon, & have it be the first time, in awhile, I guess, that and entire band has died, in one year?

Do you think there's a chance that Carl Palmer with die, soon, & have it be the first time, in awhile, I guess, that and entire band has died, in one year?

Viola Beach sewed that one up earlier in the Year..

• Like 8

Dead certs are Jimmy Greaves and Bruce Forsyth. Ms Gabor must be a hot. favourite.

An outsider for me is Brian Wilson

Viola Beach sewed that one up earlier in the Year..

Mamonas Assassinas did it 20 years earlier though.

• Like 3