Joey Russ

42. Raul Castro

Castro siblings are/were:

Angel Castro y Argiz (1875-1956) with Maria Argota y Reyes (1890-unknown):

Manuel Castro Argota (1913-1914)

Maria Lili Perfidia (Lidi) Castro Argota (1913-1991)

Pedro Emilio Castro Argota (1914-1992)

Antonia María Dolores Castro Argota (1915-~1920)

Georgina de la Caridad Castro Argota (1918-unknown)

Angel Castro y Argiz (1875-1956) with Lina Ruz Gonzalez (1903-1963)

Angelita Castro Ruz (1923-2012)

Ramon Eusebio Castro (1924-2016)

Fidel Castro (1926-2016) married to Marta Diaz-Balart (b. 1928) and later to Dalia Soto del Valle (birth date unknown)

Raul Castro (b. 1931) married to Vilma Espin (1930-2007) until her death

Juanita Castro (1933-2023)

Emma de la Concepción Castro Ruz (b. 1935)

Agustina del Carmen Castro Ruz (1938-2017) married to Silvio Rodriguez Cardenas (1930-2009) until his death

Angel Castro y Argiz also had a son with farmhand Generosa Mendoza:

Martin Castro (1930-2017?)

• Like 1

Spanish-speaking sites have recently said that Castro has rectal and esophageal cancer. But I'm not sure how much of that is more than just rumours:

https://www.americateve.com/castro/abc-espana-raul-castro-tiene-cancer-n1094847

https://www.abc.es/internacional/abci-raul-castro-cancer-esofago-y-recto-deja-cargo-medio-peor-crisis-202104180113_noticia.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Experience shows that after a cancer diagnosis, Castros can comfortably live another ten years.

32 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Spanish-speaking sites have recently said that Castro has rectal and esophageal cancer. But I'm not sure how much of that is more than just rumours:

https://www.abc.es/internacional/abci-raul-castro-cancer-esofago-y-recto-deja-cargo-medio-peor-crisis-202104180113_noticia.html

Also cirrhosis of the liver and the signs of dementia.

What is this, the Pokemon approach to end stage illnesses - gotta catch them all?

48 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Either that or someone is talking out of their arse 

Very active for the state and even speeching etc. Not going anywhere the coming years

On 25/07/2021 at 11:37, odeon said:

Very active for the state and even speeching etc. Not going anywhere the coming years

In Cuba something weird is happening...no news from Raul since his appearance during the riots, speculations arose about his death or his flee from the country.

Meanwhile 5 generals and a sixth men near to Castro (foundler of Segundo frente oriental) dead in the last 10 days. Guardian suggests pandemic wave is to blame for this spike. Watch out for Raul.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sideik said:

In Cuba something weird is happening...no news from Raul since his appearance during the riots, speculations arose about his death or his flee from the country.

Meanwhile 5 generals and a sixth men near to Castro (foundler of Segundo frente oriental) dead in the last 10 days. Guardian suggests pandemic wave is to blame for this spike. Watch out for Raul.

Lots of unrest in the world currently. Afghanistan, Tunisia, Cuba and Swaziland.

Another old guard cadre dead, Juan Quintin Paz Camacho, this time declaredly from COVID-19.

• Like 1

Today he has lived the exact same age as his brother Fidel. Meaning tomorrow he has surpassed his lifespan. Still think he have some more years left to live imo.

• Like 2

New picture:

f0041911.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drol said:

New picture:

f0041911.jpg

Looks good for someone thats 91,5 years old. Seems also like he still can walk unaided still. Can't see his face clearly from this angle, but can see him live to his mid 90s judging by this picture.

• Like 1

looks fine. Probably a good thing they didn't bring him back this year.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2021 at 23:08, arghton said:

Castro siblings are/were:

Juanita Castro (b. 1933)

Various XTwits reporting that Juanita Castro has died, though waiting on formal confirmation.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Various XTwits reporting that Juanita Castro has died, though waiting on formal confirmation.

Obituary.

• Thanks 2

Reports on X he’s dead, but that seems to be just because it’s Dia de los Santos Inocentes in Spanish speaking countries which is similar to April Fools.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

If True will be interesting to see what happens in Cuba long term.

Trump has hinted before he might be willing to invade if he was president and with how strong his vote is in the Cuban community in the USA ir feels logical. 

• Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

tenor-1.gif.568f297bcba1807bfc0913f8f03bc8d1.gif

4 minutes ago, drol said:

There might only be 3 days left in this year but that’s long enough for me to give you a good spanking – don’t you fucking dare facepalm Thatcher for doing what forum users should be encouraged to do ie report rumours from social media when they spot them. 

Don’t shoot the messenger, and also you don’t have a monopoly on reporting updates on world leaders, drol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hey, I'm playfully pocking the bear with a stick!

46 minutes ago, drol said:

I did at the time of reporting say to take it with a pinch of salt and that there were no official confirmations. At the time it was being tweeted by South American magazines/reputable accounts with substantial followings. In the 7 years I’ve been on here I think I’ve misreported less than 5 deaths in the substantial amount I’ve covered. Of course the deaths I report being actually of note unlike the Indian equivalent of Poirot or oldest living Minister for Railways of the arse end of no where. 

I don’t know when or why you starting roleplaying as SC but give it a rest and fuck off.

p.s just playfully poking back with my stick :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well, just one last thing to say. If it was, let's say, The Old Crem reporting an April Fools day hoax based on few tweets, when such news would come from a presidency statement, he would have been facepalmed much much more.

The problem here is people taking reactions as personal attacks, when they are exclusively related to the posts. And everyone can get it wrong once in a while.

• Like 2