Joey Russ

42. Raul Castro

Not dead, unfortunately

Made a rare appearance and spoke at the anniversary of the Cuban Revolution earlier this week. The two other most powerful old guard Cuban leaders José Ramón Machado Ventura (93) and Ramiro Valdés Menéndez (91) were there too. 

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

Here's someone who won't be a hit this year.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, arghton said:

Not dead, unfortunately

Made a rare appearance and spoke at the anniversary of the Cuban Revolution earlier this week. The two other most powerful old guard Cuban leaders José Ramón Machado Ventura (93) and Ramiro Valdés Menéndez (91) were there too. 

Yeah, he's not dying this year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arghton said:

Not dead, unfortunately

"You've all done very well"

• Haha 2

The man is in his 90s.  Just because he spoke at a public event does not mean at any moment he couldn't have a heart attack, or even just pass away in his sleep any given day or night. Could he have more years in him?  Sure but when a person reaches into their 90s I would never bet the farm on the person as a guarantee they will see another sunrise let alone a whole year.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, livingbygrace said:

The man is in his 90s.  Just because he spoke at a public event does not mean at any moment he couldn't have a heart attack, or even just pass away in his sleep any given day or night. Could he have more years in him?  Sure but when a person reaches into their 90s I would never bet the farm on the person as a guarantee they will see another sunrise let alone a whole year.

Nah, he'll be fine.

I think he will be a Dianne Feinstein situation. Seeming ok but passing away out of the blue 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Insane said:

I think he will be a Dianne Feinstein situation. Seeming ok but passing away out of the blue 

'Out of the Blue' is possibly the last way I'd describe the death of wheelchair using, shingles ridden, can't remember her own name, decrepit Dianne Feinstein. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

'Out of the Blue' is possibly the last way I'd describe the death of wheelchair using, shingles ridden, can't remember her own name, decrepit Dianne Feinstein. 

Not disagreeing with that but she did vote the day before she died

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

She was still walking and voting on the Senate floor until the day before her death. It was far from a foregone conclusion that she was about to die. Not a Jimmy Carter situation at all, though she had some health issues earlier in the year.

• Like 2

So now we just have to wait for Jimmy Carter to make a big speech. The next day he'll be gone.

58 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

So now we just have to wait for Jimmy Carter to make a big speech. The next day he'll be gone.

In Carter's case, I'd be surprised he could speak at all!

23 hours ago, livingbygrace said:

You are of course correct that he could die of a sudden heart attack but literally every human could suffer the same fate at any time.  My opinion from watching the video of his speech is that he does not appear frail or sickly meaning that all things being equal I doubt he will die soon.  Sure he could bang his head and die like Bob Saget but compared to other people of his age he looks healthy and together.

• Like 1