themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

I got a confirmation of my entry(s), so I still don't know if I've got one or two teams in. Guess I'll just have to wait for the big unveiling.

I also echo previous poster's thanks and admiration for the stupendous efforts of TMIB. :clap::bow:

Hardest working man in deadpooling! If there was a doffing of cap smiley on the forum, one would be on this post!

You are awesome.

There is

:hatsoff:

And I concur. TMIB is the dog's bollocks. :)

• Like 1

Submitted The Bedsoring '20s this year. I told TMiB that I had exactly 20 survivors from my past years of Bedsoring 20s, but I was mistaken... there are 21. So all of the survivors of The Bedsoring '20s except for Bill Macy are on my list this year....

Hardest working man in deadpooling! If there was a doffing of cap smiley on the forum, one would be on this post!

You are awesome.

There is

Aye, even sent you some admiration in replying to the confirmation email. Glad the team's in cos there's only 18 of them still breathing

• Like 1

I'm not home until tomorrow, but I intend to post some kind of rolling scoreboard according to my predictions a couple of pages prior. The score according to my probabilities will get updated whenever one of the "big names" dies. The death of Mario Soares probably won't change much, because my probabilistic score for him was already around 5pts (I'm not quite sure, but I think I gave him a 95% chance of dying in 2017 and a 10% chance of making the Drop 40.). If Soares made the Drop 40, all calculated team scores of those who had him, will increase by 3.

The death of Peter Sarstedt will definitely change the score. I thought he only had a 40%-50% chance of dying this year. So from my point of view, he was a gamble that paid off. I'm interested in how the final scores will resemble my initial calculations. Though I guess that already adjusting for unique/non-unique picks, slightly distorts things. After all, I am interested in finding a "statistics based" method of picking the right people. So the calculation has to be correct before uniqueness is known.

• Like 1

A score to my Politics line-up with Ali Akbar Rafsanjani. Unlikely to be unique, but chalk another one up. Two scores early doors is better than I expected.

You are awesome.

There is

Aye, even sent you some admiration in replying to the confirmation email. Glad the team's in cos there's only 18 of them still breathing

Good start for the Carkers, Maryport, beginning as you meant to carry on?

Cotroversial! DQSP only no 2 of all time. Fergie's United compared to Paisley's Liverpool. If the comparison had been made in 2005.

When do you think the first update will take place? From what I read, it usually happens 2-3 weeks into the year, but I want to know if it will be later due to the design changes.

Oh, and please, take as long as you need. Don't think I'm trying to rush you through.

When do you think the first update will take place? From what I read, it usually happens 2-3 weeks into the year, but I want to know if it will be later due to the design changes.

Oh, and please, take as long as you need. Don't think I'm trying to rush you through.

It'll take place once tmib has managed all the tremendous background work that's needed to run the competition. That includes updating the team database, the pick database, and starting on the picture and description database. In addition to the cosmetic on-site changes. That could be the middle of January or the end of January or even into February.

Fingers crossed, sometime this week...

• Like 6

Wow, that is sharp.

And an Inverse DP to follow...exciting...

Cotroversial! DQSP only no 2 of all time. Fergie's United compared to Paisley's Liverpool. If the comparison had been made in 2005.

Am, I really in third place (like Glasgow Celtic - the third best team in the universe) ????

DOBBERS need not reply ! ! ! ! ! :xbones:

I wonder how many folk picked Clare Hollingworth

Probably about 7.

Probably about 7.

She is in my theme team, Losing The Plot, which is off to a flying start with two hits already.

Probably about 7.

She is in my theme team, Losing The Plot, which is off to a flying start with two hits already.

She's on the Gray Panthers as well.

Antony Booth, my first hit 2017.

E: Never mind. I mixed up two Antony Booths. No hit for me. Yet.

Shame. I didn't get my first DDP hit. That would've helped me with deathrace as well.

The teams will be posted up tomorrow night!

Friday 13th...an appropriate beginning, I think...

There's just one more thing I want to do. I'm going to put news of some of the more controversial picks, when they inevitably drop on

a separate, linked page called The Obituary Vault. I'm going to work on that right now...

• Like 13

Any sneak peeks for the drop 40?