themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

Tiny & Ellie's Pick of the Drops gets 19 Drop 40's (losing out with Daisy Berkowitz) but still wins the most Drop 40's award. No 20 this year, a few dozen teams between 15-18 at a guess.

18. Helen Fawkes didn't make it either...

Good spot. Still impressive and at least a joint highest if not a highest.

Noticed half of my team made the drop 40, with 9/10 people who made it being a likely hit, with Brady being a gut pick seeing if he was actually telling the truth. And that's without Bracknell as well.

Sir Creep - Cancel My Appointments

Patrick Bowlen

Colin Butts

Rico Constantino

Errol Christie

Rayya Elias (Joker)

Scott Hamilton

Mo Haque

Sasha Lokovic

Tracy McGiffin

Sir Colin Meads

Vincent Mullins

Richard Overton

Nabeel Qureshi

Simon Ricketts

Peter Skellern

Mario Soares

Valeri Spiridinov

John Wetton

Mike IX Williams

Paul Van Zandvliet

Sub: PM Patrick John

Note: after realizing I totally forgot Glen Campbell I sent an immediate email saying put Campbell in for Wetton, so it sure the ruling. I'll be the only dolt without Glen Campbell otherwise.

Good luck everyone!

SC

Wetton is a dead cert,assuming Campbell goes and Wetton doesn't make drop 40(most likely) it's only a net 1 point loss.

Well it's a lost cause. Rules say once submitted that's it. My boner for forgetting Campbell.

SC

Actually, he listened to you. The only problem is you lost two points in the end since Wetton made the drop 40 after all. *innocent face*

Top notch work TMIB. From the looks of it all of my picks are worth at least 8 points, and 9 Drop 40 names total :) Christie qualified easily when I thought "well, surely the unanimous pick among the competitive side + trickle down Diana Rots effect is enough to sneak him in...". Michael got in too which is a relief - he was too fascinating a name for me to pass up on, despite his age. If the choice competitive nonagenarian this year was say, Perez de Cuellar, I wouldn't have bothered. I underestimated Wetton though but c'est la vie.

Though, yes, like joey and msc noted it looks like my Wayne Barrett pick is missing. I double checked the entry email I sent you, just to be sure I didn't leave him off by mistake, and he was there. Guessing this'll be remedied by the next update?

Will look through the teams more thoroughly tonight and tomorrow for further observations...

Some interesting people in the drop 40. Wetton surprises me. And Errol Christie made it in easily, another shock.

Well maybe a lot of people just chose Wetton in the heat of the moment.

Huge well done to TMIB for all his efforts, and I have to say, I love the new slightly Retro newspaper style of the site. Looks like from the bottom of the page TMIB is still getting some assistance, so thanks go there as well.

Surprised with 3 of my 5 unique's. Given the Dambuster's publicity, and death rate over the last couple of years, thought others might pick up on Fred Sutherland being one of the last 2 alive. As Apollo crew members have started revisiting the heavens recently Al Worden wasn't on my radar for a unique, and as Helen Clare was on telly a couple of times last year looking all of her age, that was a big surprise. Bet they're all breathing at the end of the year though !

Good luck everyone.

• Like 2

One person who I suspect that they're dead but still made two teams was John Underwood, who was on my shortlist until he disappeared from Twitter without a trace on December 4th. Still hasn't come back to twitter.

A couple of heads ups to TMIB:

Gregorio Conrado Alvarez, picked by Heads of Fate, died late December last year.

Amber Snailham, picked by two teams, was 17 years old in November 2016 per Mail coverage of her plight. I would assume she doesn't qualify bar the offhand chance her birthday was in December, but can't find any DOB.

EDIT: Another - Thich Nhat Hanh was picked as a "details to follow" name. He appeared in the past couple of DDPs, though IIRC he was just listed as Nhat Hanh there.

• Like 3

One other team picked Golmard and Cryne. Agh, fine margins.

At least King Mike made the Drop 40.

Well done again TMIB!

Rookie error. I put one person in my BBC Heaven line-up twice, and no subs. Mind you, given I put it together in about half an hour before the deadline, perhaps only one mistake isn't an absolute disaster. Shame though.

Surprised by Helen Fawkes not getting into the Drop 40, I was really counting on that. On the plus side, I have 12 people in the Drop 40, a lot more than I expected.

Ha! I expected A Pelican in the Wilderness to pick Dmitri Hvorotstovsky, to take away a possible unique hit from me, turns out they picked DJ Casper instead, to the same effect. But then, if he had been unique, it would have been a gift to me.

Great new optics TMIB, and stellar work already!

John Wetton Top 40, also interesting and possibly important.

They actually picked Donald Trump in droves.... interesting.

Another heads up:

Rosenda Monteros and Rosinda Monteros is likely the same person,in fact All Quiet on the Westerns Front picked Rosenda last year. Seems like this is just a spelling error.

+ another heads up

Also based on the descriptions the Ivana and Ivanka Trump teams are likely switched around as his daughter was never on Celeb Big Brother and the Be Forever Young Team everyone appears to be 1970s born or earlier besides Donald ex wife

Yeah. The Ivanka/Ivana mix-up was me misreading the two as one, so I had to hastily put in Ivanka, but of course I did it to the wrong team!

It's a nice thing that Montero was picked by another team. I can just delete the duplicate and link the original code to the Western theme team!

Amber Snailham. Tricky. By chance she could have her birthday in December. If we could verify her birth date then I would remove/retain her place. But if it's unverifiable then she'd have to go...

There's two Vivian Campbells. Are there two? I dunno.

It's a duplicate...

• Like 1

There is 3 Roger Taylors

Queen Drummer

Duran Duran Drummer

My childhood Dentist

There is 3 Roger Taylors

Queen Drummer

Duran Duran Drummer

My childhood Dentist

Interestingly (to me) the first two Rogers qualified for consideration for my 1981 theme team. In the event, I picked neither. I didn't pick one of the two Dave Stewarts either.

There is 3 Roger Taylors

Queen Drummer

Duran Duran Drummer

My childhood Dentist

And Roger Taylor the tennis player

Did Cancerous Hatred 2 take away the unique pick of Salvatore Di Masi from Cancerous Hatred 1?

Did Cancerous Hatred 2 take away the unique pick of Salvatore Di Masi from Cancerous Hatred 1?

Yes. Nearly identical teams too.