themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

Great work MIB :) And I have three uniques! Pack your bags, losers!

• Like 3

Norfolk & Good have a unique pick with James Dunn, but is it James Dunn the "terminally ill" photographer, or James Dunn, the theologian?

Teams not mentioned here due to not being forum members who might contend include This Mortal Coil (c143 points), Banshee's team (c150), and Dead Ends (c147).

Wetton being on the Drop 40 really took me by surprise.

Norfolk & Good have a unique pick with James Dunn, but is it James Dunn the "terminally ill" photographer, or James Dunn, the theologian?

Neither! ;)

• Like 1

Did you/are you dealing with the missing Wayne Barret unique for Thomas Jefferson Survives?

Neither! ;)

Scottish footballer player?

As my Time's-up team didn't make it out of my Outbox (thanks Windows 10!), it's in my signature for everyone's perusal & public ridicule. 6 uniques, 3 drop forty.

Owing to my non-entry, Robin Parkinson & Nehemiah Persoff become unique picks for The Rancid Odour of Brit Sitcom & ToeJam, respectively.

*sits back to watch them drop like flies*

• Like 1

Did you/are you dealing with the missing Wayne Barret unique for Thomas Jefferson Survives?

I don't think he's missing in the "missing" sense, merely gone to ground...TJS may better explain why he was included though.

Right, some news.

This morning I received a couple of emails, the upshot of which 4 teams will be added to the roster, meaning we will have 541 teams.

This has had a knock-on effect on the Drop 40, so that's being re-jigged. Watch this space...

Edit: A bit rude here. Apologies.

Right, some news.

This morning I received a couple of emails, the upshot of which 4 teams will be added to the roster, meaning we will have 541 teams.

This has had a knock-on effect on the Drop 40, so that's being re-jigged. Watch this space...

When is that expected to happen?

Give it a rest.

• Like 1

Sorry you are having a time of it, TMIB. As always, it'll all get fixed, streamlined and settle down.

Take as long as you need. :)

Joeyruss, shut the fuck up. A reminder that tmib does this completely voluntarily alongside his other commitments (work, family, friends, life etc). The fact we expect it to go by so smoothly is a testament to his dedication. Just wait and see, barking "when's that going to happen?" as if you're some sort of customer and not a competitor in a volunteer run game is just rude.

I just realized that. Shouldn't of said that. Apologies. I'll change it now.

Actually, after a re-count there's is no change in the personnel of the Drop 40, just in a slightly different order. No new additions...

• Like 2

There's always teething, as I recall. Once there's hundreds of sets of eyes on it, all the little things come out and all credit to TMIB, he patiently responds to our observations and things are fixed.

And we bloody well love him for it.

Don't we?

• Like 5

Just as a follow up to the TJS issue - diana rots has 16 names as pointed yesterday? Did she die three quarters of the way through compiling her team or is there a couple missing?

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2017/teams.html#DDPTeamdianar

Goddamnit, he/she picked Debbie Blackhurst and Andrew Yeaman?

Just as a follow up to the TJS issue - diana rots has 16 names as pointed yesterday? Did she die three quarters of the way through compiling her team or is there a couple missing?

I think I see what she's done. Are they the surviving unique picks of the top 40 from last year?

Edit: They were all unique picks last year, but not necessarily from the top 40. In that case, I've no idea what's happened to the remainders of her team.

There's always teething, as I recall. Once there's hundreds of sets of eyes on it, all the little things come out and all credit to TMIB, he patiently responds to our observations and things are fixed.

And we bloody well love him for it.

Don't we?

y.gife.gifs.gif w.gife.gif d.gifo.gif exclamation_mark.gif

• Like 6

What impressed me so much with your list is your clear strength for finding unique picks. Finding people who are unique picks but likely to obit to the extent I believe you have is a very tricky thing to pull off. I'd say that at least half of your picks are unique if not more.

Like me you go for a good variety of people and don't just concentrate on people from the same field.

I think Dean Stockwell is probably your weakest pick and strikes me as a 2018 name and I think the Swedish princess is probably one of your strongest picks imo.

This was quite prescient, as I appear to have exactly 10 unique picks. Of course, this now means that all my likely hits will come from the other half......

Other thoughts/corrections on the DDP site (nice layout, btw):

*Robert D. Raiford is spelled without an "l".

*I see that "1 Dead in Ohio", who picked Wilford Brimley every year between 2008-2016, hasn't entered this time. For me, this is the 4th consecutive year that I have Wilford on my team.

*A shame that no one picked Loongkoonan this time, as I loved the text description for her.

*Looks like a lot of teams still believe in Wilko, even though his cancer was cured a few years ago.

• Like 1

Ah, someone picked Manu Dibango whom I've been watching for a possible unique hit.

8 people picked Ryan Buell... possible suicide?

Haha... Meghan Markle...

Good to know someone picked Melania Trump

Goodbyladies could only find 18 famous women.

Lol... "Valerie Harper is faking it", also "Train Wreck Central", thumbs up!

All I can say is that it's really worth looking though the List of the Lost before entering your team...

• Like 7