themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

Couple more spots:

Matt Greenwood, bucket list cancer student who was a pick for Finding Chemo, died mid-December.

CaptainChorizo's theme team Gene Wilder Memorial Deathsquad seems to be another team with a missing name, Barbara Jefford is listed as his pick 20 when he posted his teams on forum, but I don't see her listed on the DDP.

Here's another bio that needs updating: John Hinckley Jr bio says he's currently a long term mental hospital resident, but as of September 2016, he's out on very restrictive orders.

Eugene Cernan has passed away.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38641121

Already in the round up on this thread here: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/9009-derby-dead-pool-2017/?p=292922

Ah thank you! Sorry, new around here, didn't realize.

Welcome aboard me hearty :)

*pays shit, days are long, and only I get the booze....

• Like 3

Eugene Cernan has passed away.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38641121

Already in the round up on this thread here: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/9009-derby-dead-pool-2017/?p=292922

Ah thank you! Sorry, new around here, didn't realize.

Welcome aboard me hearty :)

*pays shit, days are long, and only I get the booze....

Arrrr! Just like me last job working for the government! Good to be aboard, Cap'n, thank ee! :)

• Like 1

I see the Ivana/Ivanka mix-up has already been mentioned in this thread (my Big Brother-themed team 'Unpersons' has Ivanka in it when it should be her mum Ivana). One other possible issue: Marco Pierre White Jr has been entered as just Marco Pierre White. To clarify, my pick is the Big Brother housemate, not his dad the famous chef.

Also, not that it really matters, but Avicii has been entered on my '#1 Hits' team as "Tim Berling" when his real name appears to be "Tim Bergling". (I wouldn't have recognised the name either way – had to Google it because I thought my team had a mystery intruder – but I gather the database gets a bit tetchy about mononyms)

I've just realised there are 2 Sonny West's. Sonny West is my only unique pick.

TMIB - Just to clarify, mine is the Sonny West who was friend and bodyguard of Elvis Presley and NOT the Sonny West who wrote a couple of Buddy Holly's hits.

The songwriter Sonny is 80 years old, so he may go first but so be it.

Damn I just clicked on my DDP app and BAM we are up and running! An OUTSTANDING job TMIB!!!!

I see I'm either in 22nd place or 45th hard to tell jajaja (that's Spanish)

SC

There's been a bit of a shake up with the Webmail. Madasafish has been replaced by Plusnet bu the account remains intact (sort of).

Hopefully the interface will be a lot better as during the nomination period I had to re-direct emails to Outlook as the old Madasafish web server

was soooooooooooooooooo slow.

However, although I can locate the folder, the actual emails with all the entries for DDP 2017 have disappeared!

As such, with one exception, there will be no added teams and anyone who weren't able to send a team, or I have missed out on entering for one reason or another will have to wait until next year....Sorry!

EDIT: Just realised that the emails are there as I only moved the entries to another folder on Outlook, so they're safe!

What is that team that will be entered in?

Latest update...

• Like 2

Those DDP heavyweights Captain Hemlocks Twenty and Dead Last? Dead Right! atop the league table as usual!

Meanwhile Spade, DI and, err, me are outside the top 100. Reminds me of Crazycarl's top 3 placing for a bit last year... well, then he got all his points deducted, of course.

I like the new symbol change to the unique picks. I noticed that while checking to see if Wayne Barret was back on, and there he was, right next to that new unique symbol thing.

Those DDP heavyweights Captain Hemlocks Twenty and Dead Last? Dead Right! atop the league table as usual!

Meanwhile Spade, DI and, err, me are outside the top 100. Reminds me of Crazycarl's top 3 placing for a bit last year... well, then he got all his points deducted, of course.

Which in turns reminds me of the surprisingly long time Crazycarl was joint lead in the 2015 DDP. Think it took Ion Trewin in April to begin his descent.

Why did he get all his points deducted?

At that point? He had 30 points based on one joker dying. Joker turned out to have died in 2015. Finished in joint 97th place in the end.

At that point? He had 30 points based on one joker dying. Joker turned out to have died in 2015. Finished in joint 97th place in the end.

The Craig Strickland saga? I believe there was a rule change this year because of that.

Yes. No MIA's...

It seems 2017 is gonna see another high body count rate. 19 days in already 18 hits and thats with it relatively quiet among the high probability names.

9th place! Probably won't ever get this far again.

One year on, the exact same situation. It's all downhill from here.