themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

Two things about the latest stiff. Khamenei did not seize the power in Iran, as it was Ayatollah Khomeini. Rafsanjani succeeded Khamenei as president when Khamenei became Ayatollah due to Khomeini's death in 1989. Khamenei is still alive (and well?).

Zhou Youguang was 111 and not 110, as he died the day after his birthday. Everything else is all right. Keep up the great work.

Hans Breuckhoven has died according to Dutch reports.

Not the List of the Missed, as Diana Rots has him this year, but surely a future List of the Lost pick...

Two things about the latest stiff. Khamenei did not seize the power in Iran, as it was Ayatollah Khomeini. Rafsanjani succeeded Khamenei as president when Khamenei became Ayatollah due to Khomeini's death in 1989. Khamenei is still alive (and well?).

Zhou Youguang was 111 and not 110, as he died the day after his birthday. Everything else is all right. Keep up the great work.

You know, I originally wrote Khomeni, but is it a different spelling? I checked Wikipedia, he seemed to be the same guy but called Khameni.

I'll check again, with another source...

EDIT: I always get those two mixed up! Next time, I'll brush up on my Iranian politics...

Somebody oughta make a "Who Do You Think Will Win the DDP in 2017?" poll-thread.

Somebody oughta make a "Who Do You Think Will Win the DDP in 2017?" poll-thread.

Can't you do it?

Can't you do it?

Actually, I'd rather not, because I might fuck up. For some reason, when I make a poll, it doesn't show up for me when either I make the poll first and then type the post, or vice versa. The problem is I forgot which one. :scratchhead:

Can't you do it?

Actually, I'd rather not, because I might fuck up. For some reason, when I make a poll, it doesn't show up for me when either I make the poll first and then type the post, or vice versa. The problem is I forgot which one. :scratchhead:

Nevermind. Got it to work :P

Joeyruss, can I make a suggestion from a previous host's perspective.

What really helped me was when people made a list (in whatever form) of Updates/photos etc

So rather than updating in this thread whose profile needs updating (some are my profile notes from 2008! ) is to perhaps go through the people who need updating and then give it in some spreadsheet/word/list form so Blackie can do it when it calms down a bit. Otherwise it gets missed in all the other stuff that needs doing and also takes the pressure off a bit.

• Like 5

Joeyruss, can I make a suggestion from a previous host's perspective.

What really helped me was when people made a list (in whatever form) of Updates/photos etc

So rather than updating in this thread whose profile needs updating (some are my profile notes from 2008! ) is to perhaps go through the people who need updating and then give it in some spreadsheet/word/list form so Blackie can do it when it calms down a bit. Otherwise it gets missed in all the other stuff that needs doing and also takes the pressure off a bit.

OoO - nice to see yers; tarry awhile and banter, or summat.

If no-one else is doing it or have done it. I am going to do bios for H.

There are an awful lot of them.

My theme team has a lot of uniques probably because Book em Danno's Mum didn't let him out to play this year.

I too would be happy to contribute bios once more.

(if we're allowed to claim letters, dibs on D)

Something I only just noticed: the Evening Standard was left off the list of QO sources this year, but not added to the list of former sources no longer accepted. I presume as it's still in print and has a 900,000 circulation it's good?

I could run to type and do the Rs...

Right, I'm down to Erich Ritter and off to have a break. Back on this soon.

If no-one else is doing it or have done it. I am going to do bios for H.

There are an awful lot of them.

I too would be happy to contribute bios once more.

(if we're allowed to claim letters, dibs on D)

Right, I'm down to Erich Ritter and off to have a break. Back on this soon.

Hey hey hey wait a moment I haven't decided on what to do yet!

On Saturday, I've done all the numbered ones (Anyone know who the artist 4000 was, I haven't a fucking clue!) and the quick 'n dirty minor letters (I, O, Q, V, Y & Z). The Unknown Man has contributed a few as have Biblio and I've added them in too. Still loads left though!

I may decide on a slightly different approach. I have better information (the emails with some details on the picks) so if I send them out to you all letter by letter it could mean a few mistakes as with some celebs you wont know if it's this John Doe or another John Doe. So for my next "tranche" over the coming week, I'll sift through the obscurities (oh what fun).

That'll will hopefully lead to some more recognisable and "Googlable" names to distribute for the rest of the volunteers to research while I do some other site-related stuff.

So hold yer horses at least for the moment...

• Like 2

Something I only just noticed: the Evening Standard was left off the list of QO sources this year, but not added to the list of former sources no longer accepted. I presume as it's still in print and has a 900,000 circulation it's good?

The Evening Standard exists in that grey area of being a London paper but can be still distributed across the UK. I think I'll add it to the list of acceptables...

...but then again! You hardly expect to see a copy of the Standard turn up in Scotland and I've excluded their papers.

Mind you, when was the last time we got an obit from that source?

Following on from what OoO said on the previous page I've very hastily made a quick Google Doc anyone can edit, to log any fixes in one place for TMIB to use at his convenience.

I'm on my phone so it'll probably balls up but this link should work...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jYjmPnB08Ac8V76ftad_Up0mNk2ZiUJNeN1ftHdZcXU/edit?usp=drivesdk

I've listed a few examples. If anyone wants to use it I suggest alphabetical order to make it easier to keep track. I'm sure someone can make it look far nicer. Feel free to use/ignore as you desire...

• Like 2

Ah keep the Cosby thing, I say. When the main page calls Brady the All Round Mr Nice Guy, no one takes that seriously! Just a bit of light irony, even if it was originally unintended to be.

• Like 1

Any objections if I run with the A's. Doing them in that google doc, so if anyone wants to assist/question feel free.

Can I do the G's?

Any objections if I run with the A's. Doing them in that google doc, so if anyone wants to assist/question feel free.

Hold your horses, TUM has contributed to that letter, but not all of them...

I PM'ed my R List to TMIB earlier. For use to fill in any blanks/update.

Following on from what OoO said on the previous page I've very hastily made a quick Google Doc anyone can edit, to log any fixes in one place for TMIB to use at his convenience.

I'm on my phone so it'll probably balls up but this link should work...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jYjmPnB08Ac8V76ftad_Up0mNk2ZiUJNeN1ftHdZcXU/edit?usp=drivesdk

I've listed a few examples. If anyone wants to use it I suggest alphabetical order to make it easier to keep track. I'm sure someone can make it look far nicer. Feel free to use/ignore as you desire...

Good idea. I'll browse the names for out-of-date bios and log them as I see them...

As for writing the bios, I'll take the patience young grasshopper route and wait till TMIB gives an official go ahead...