themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

Best of luck!

Don't forget to add some images if possible. Good work anyway.

Good luck Spade...

Just a dip into the water, I will be resuming update duties until 2018.

You could say that I'm the "interim" host while Spade is knee-deep in shit entries through December... ;)

Will the Theme Team League be updated any time soon?

I respectfully ask because my team (Losing The Plot) still shows 4 hits, while Malcolm Young has just brought the score to 8.

• Like 2

If you look now, it's gone back up to 7 as the previous update was uploaded in error.

If it weren't for Shameless...

• Like 1

Good luck to Spade!

Have to admit it surprised me Jeremy Hutchinson was a unique.

I don't think I agree with the procedure of waiting for a QO before you strikethrough the dead celebrity's name on a team's roster.  The person is deceased, and should be crossed, as to avoid confusion, imho.  The QO is altogether another matter apart from the person's life or death.   Just thought I'd throw it out there.  No big deal.

SC

I disagree with you Sir Creep. I think that it would make it more confusing tbh. Let’s say I was randomly looking through the leaderboard and stumbled across Day In The Death. I look at that team but noticed a strike through on the joker, but he didn’t obit. Then I would be very confused on why someone who got a strike through wasn’t on the list of people who scored. That’s why I think it’s confusing...

• Like 2

I'm with Joey on this one.

The crossing off of a name is supposed to indicate that they are a hit for someone, not that they died.

As I suspected a while ago, my main team is now the highest-scoring team of the 2nd half of the year (unless I'm terribly wrong). It made 50pts in that time. Spade is 2nd, by the way, with 45pts. Does that mean anything? I guess not.

Brave move not to headline with Charles Manson or Malcolm Young. And I thought the Manson obit was refreshingly demystifying.

I see A Pelican in the Wilderness is now the highest placed team without a Drop 40 candidate, up to the dizzy heights of equal 173rd place...

16 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I see A Pelican in the Wilderness is now the highest placed team without a Drop 40 candidate, up to the dizzy heights of equal 173rd place...

You seemed to have missed Shameless, who’s currently at joint 25th...

• Like 1

I'd forgotten Bewes was my joker. 

On 29/10/2017 at 01:01, Joey Russ said:

I think that counts @DevonDeathTrip due to precedence of the obit Billy Simpson got as shown above...

Call me a pedant (OK - don't) 

The BBC source said "Rangers wearing black armbands to mark the passing of Billy Simpson." but nowhere did it mentioned he had DIED.

To win points, there must be the mention of a celebrity's death on a national online news source.

Is a running commentary on a football match a NEWS SOURCE???

I have personally PASSED Ibrox on numerous occasions (and trust me, that is the best thing you can do if you are in the area) but so far I haven't died too many times. 

OK, NOW you can call me a pedant, but while you do, please feel free to discuss the above. :tantrum:

• Like 1

^ The Daily Mail later said he died, thus making the whole brouhaha pointless in the end.

22 minutes ago, drunkasaskunk said:

Call me a pedant (OK - don't) 

The BBC source said "Rangers wearing black armbands to mark the passing of Billy Simpson." but nowhere did it mentioned he had DIED.

To win points, there must be the mention of a celebrity's death on a national online news source.

Is a running commentary on a football match a NEWS SOURCE???

I have personally PASSED Ibrox on numerous occasions (and trust me, that is the best thing you can do if you are in the area) but so far I haven't died too many times. 

OK, NOW you can call me a pedant, but while you do, please feel free to discuss the above. :tantrum:

Passing is something that footballers are supposed to do quite a lot, surely?

I would guess by the wording of the above it does state of his passing, which shows a mention of his death I think. Anyways, even so, Les Mutrie's mention of death was much more explicit anyways...

Well, then, Golden Slumbers takes the lead with 26 days to go...

Latest update.

Here's a game: Who is going to be the last hit I will announce?

• Like 4